Star wars weekends

danpam1024

Going to the last weekend (6-11 thru 6/15) for the very first time. DS (7 at time of travel) is completely obsessed with any and everything Star Wars. Just wanting to know from vets what to expect. :shrug: We will be staying @ BC. Thanks in advance for any tips:wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Get to DHS early....an hour prior to opening is not out of the question. There are 3 events at SWW that will become mob scenes quickly. They are Autographs, exclusive merchandise, and character meet and greets. If you want to do all three there is a good chance that you will need to attend at least 2 to 3 days to get it all in especially if you do not want to deal with crowds.

If you plan on getting exclusive merchandise do this on your first day. Pins will sell out quickly. Higher dollar, and larger production run items items tend to last a bit longer, but if you want the pins you will almost always need to be there on Friday. The merchandise store tends to clear out around noon or so if you just want to see what is there that is the time to go.

If you want autographs there is a good chance that you will need to get there extremely early depending on who is there. For example 2 years ago when Ray Park (Darth Maul) was there the line for autograph fast passes started to form at around 3:00 AM. I got there at 6:30 AM and had to settle for a stand by pass.

For the character meet and greets arrive around a half hour of more before opening head straight to the meet and greet sites and you can usually run the gauntlet in a few hours.

Grab a times guide first thing. You should be able to fit in most of the other activities such as Behind the force and Stars of the saga with a little bit of planing.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

Original Poster
Thanks for the info:wave:

One more question, if you get a fast pass for for an autograph, does it work like normal, you aren't eligible to get a fastpass for anything else until the designated time is up?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the info:wave:

One more question, if you get a fast pass for for an autograph, does it work like normal, you aren't eligible to get a fastpass for anything else until the designated time is up?
From what I remember it will not effect any other fast passes.

Upvote 0

coltow

DS (7 at time of travel) is completely obsessed with any and everything Star Wars.
I KNOW THE FEELING! My DS is 5 and I call him an addict. We were going to take him but then decided that 3 trips down (from Boston) in one year was a bit much. Plus he'd then miss the last few days of school.

Upvote 0

jakeman

Just to bump this with another questions.

We went last year and the author Troy Denning was there. Are these posted anywhere ahead of time? I had no clue that authors would be there and if one of my favorites are there I would like to bring the appropriate book to sign.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just to bump this with another questions.

We went last year and the author Troy Denning was there. Are these posted anywhere ahead of time? I had no clue that authors would be there and if one of my favorites are there I would like to bring the appropriate book to sign.
I do not remember Disney ever posting information in advance on authors but keep an eye on this forum and an especially good source for up to the second SWW information is studioscentral.com

Upvote 0

PeaceIsFree

I went to WDW for my birthday last year and found that the star wars weekend was a great surprise because, silly me, I didn't check for any events that would be going on during my trip.
Lines for pictures with characters are super long of course..
But other than thatl, I had a great time!

I hope you have fun :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom