Star Wars weekends will be in...

Jerm

Original Poster
Cool. My year is just not complete without engaging in fisticuffs for the privilege of spending an obscene amount of money on a bunch of stuff whose only purpose seems to be to give me something else to dust.:lol:

You DUST?!?!?!? HA HA HA

darthjohnny

But all the Star Wars films premiered in May. Star Wars Weekends have always been in May (wholey or partly). This pushing back of the dates doesn't make sense. Hopefully, they'll keep it like it was last year.

Jerm

Original Poster
But all the Star Wars films premiered in May. Star Wars Weekends have always been in May (wholey or partly). This pushing back of the dates doesn't make sense. Hopefully, they'll keep it like it was last year.

It will be in June, yes all the Star Wars films came out in May which is why they are having the Star Wars Celebration IV in Los Angeles To Mark 30th Anniversary of Saga. I am guessing you have heard of the Star Wars Celebrations cause of your avatar, so they are doing the huge event during the weekend when all the movies have been released. Instead of having a poor mans version of Star Wars Weekends they are pushing it back so they can avoid not having it at all like they did a few years ago.

If you would like to read more about Star Wars Celebration IV or any Star Wars news you can find it on http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060526.html

Jeremiah

Disneyfan1981

I'm dying to get my hands on the Mickey X-Wing Fighter Pilot Maquette to compliment my Jedi Mickey Maquette. I'm a little ticked they are coming out with four this year, it's gonna be taxing on my wallet...

STITCHRULES

Just read on the Star Wars Community site that someone called 4 diff Disney reps and the dates will include some of May. Can anyone else confirm this? I am going to try and call and see what I hear. already booked for Memorial Day w/e which is our annual pilgramage for sww!

Maerj

It is being reported on that "other" disney board that Star Wars weekends are moved up to April/May this year!!

That would be really cool! WDW is really nice that time of year. I'd like to do Celebration 4 and the SW/WDW Weekends, but that's a lot of money and travel in a short period of time.

Also as someone else stated, 4 big figures is too much for one year! That's $700, I'd rather they do only one a year, or release one every few months or something to make it easier to get the whole set. That way we could all spend more money on t-shirts, posters and other stuff while we are at the Weekends.

Captain Chaos

It is being reported on that "other" disney board that Star Wars weekends are moved up to April/May this year!!

First off, I know that site and it wasn't reported as fact... So, make sure you get that straight.... What the person who said April/May said was that they received a brochure from AAA that lists Star Wars Weekends as April/May.... No where did that person say April/May is set in stone... So, don't pass it off as THE OTEHR DISNEY SITE having wrong information.... Fact is, NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE EXCEPT LUCASFILMS AND DISNEY......

kaybee

First of all I didn't say this was fact only what was reported on another board...after all isn't this a rumor forum??:fork:

darthjohnny

It will be in June, yes all the Star Wars films came out in May which is why they are having the Star Wars Celebration IV in Los Angeles To Mark 30th Anniversary of Saga. I am guessing you have heard of the Star Wars Celebrations cause of your avatar, so they are doing the huge event during the weekend when all the movies have been released. Instead of having a poor mans version of Star Wars Weekends they are pushing it back so they can avoid not having it at all like they did a few years ago.

If you would like to read more about Star Wars Celebration IV or any Star Wars news you can find it on http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060526.html

Jeremiah

Yes I have heard of Star Wars Celebration. I would love to go to one, if they didn't have to be in California.

Haven't the past couple of Star Wars Celebrations been in April though?

And if you're referring to the state of affairs at the 2003 Star Wars Weekends (the one after Attack of the Clones came out because there was no Star Wars Weekend in 2002), then I hope if they do push it back, they can do some really great stuff (especially since there will be no more Star Wars Weekends Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom