Star Wars weekends will be in...

Jerm

Original Poster
June. Yes that is right it looks like they pushed back Star Wars weekend to not crossover with the big event in Ca. So as of now (according to Disney CM paper) the Star Wars weekend will take place in June.

J

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I heard this yesterday and I really hope they don't push it back 2 weeks. Thanks to the seasonal blackout it will mean that I only get to do at most 1 of the weekends vs. the 3 that I normally attend.

Jerm

Original Poster
Didn't they go from mid-May to mid-June last year?

That is what it has been for a while, but due to Star Wars Celebration IV here in Calif for Memorial Day weekend. They will push it back so after the celebration everyone will pack up and move over to Disney/MGM for the weekends.

J

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That is what it has been for a while, but due to Star Wars Celebration IV here in Calif for Memorial Day weekend. They will push it back so after the celebration everyone will pack up and move over to Disney/MGM for the weekends.

J
Hopefully this means that they will be getting some bigger names during SWW. Celebration 3 took place at the same time as SWW and there was talk of moving the SWW dates.

WhyteAL

Well bring alot of water because the you will difinetly be roosting in the park during the june. Man it gets hot during this time of year.

Besides the point I don't think I'm going to disney till the end of this year.

abug'saunt

Oh No!

:eek: :cry: :cry:
This is terrible news. We planned this trip specifically to go to SWW during our anniversary which falls on Memorial Day this year. My DH will be devastated. The only reason he agreed to go this year was so that he could take his dad for HIS first trip and share their love for Star Wars. Please, please, please let this be a mistake. It took us almost two years to talk his dad into this trip and now this.
Okay, not going to panic. Just going to take the "wait and see" method. Hopefully my sister doesn't see this before I can figure out how to break the news. I didn't see anything on Disney's official site so not going to freak out yet....

Sorry for my ranting. I tend to panic easily.:animwink:

Captain Chaos

I planned a two week trip May 20 to June 4th because I figured SWW would be the last two weekends in May, first two in June.... Now, with the news that the dates will probably be ALL JUNE, I am screwed.

WhyteAL

Forgive me if I am lost on this one...but is Star Wars weekend just a once a year event, or multiple? Thanks.

It's for the first few weekends of summer usually like 4 or 5 but it has been extended for a couple extra weekends once or twice. It's cool and fun if you've never been. But during summer it gets so freakin hot. At least before during May at night it cools down. But you should visit esecially if you like StarWars.

Jerm

Original Poster
What exactly is a "Disney CM paper"?

The Eyes & Ears, while the info could change as with everything. I don't see it happeneing, with the 30th of Star Wars being then end of May when the event here in Calif is going on, it looks more then likely that it will be going for the month of June.

Star Wars weekends takes place once a year for 4 weekends at Disney/MGM Studios.

J

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Forgive me if I am lost on this one...but is Star Wars weekend just a once a year event, or multiple? Thanks.
It is once a year but it will span over 4 weekends. Typically it has been the last 2 weekends in May and the first 2 June. Due to a huge turnout in 2005 Disney extended it to include the 3rd and 4th weekend in June for a total of 6 weekends.

Northgurl24

This information is correct. They are doing 2 weeks of SWW out in Cali for the first time this year therefore pushing back the dates of SWW in Florida. The reasoning behind this is because of the big convention out west that takes place every year.

hope this helps:wave:....there is still plenty of time for people to change their plans accordingly

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This information is correct. They are doing 2 weeks of SWW out in Cali for the first time this year therefore pushing back the dates of SWW in Florida. The reasoning behind this is because of the big convention out west that takes place every year.

hope this helps:wave:....there is still plenty of time for people to change their plans accordingly
Here is an interesting query.

What will be done about exclusive merchandise? One would think that there would be a batch for each location but with LE stuff that might not be the case. For example the 4 new big figures are suppose to have an initial production of only 600 units each. Will they split the 600 between DL and MGM, produce 600 for each park, or one of another million different possibilities?

Jerm

Original Poster
Will they split the 600 between DL and MGM, produce 600 for each park, or one of another million different possibilities?

They are not doing anything with DL, the big Star Wars thing is all on its own in LA. DL will not be having any of the Star Wars weekend stuff at all. So you will still be able to fight and scream over the big figs on that first day.

J

Waldo.Pepper

Thanks

It is once a year but it will span over 4 weekends. Typically it has been the last 2 weekends in May and the first 2 June. Due to a huge turnout in 2005 Disney extended it to include the 3rd and 4th weekend in June for a total of 6 weekends.

I might have to rethink my vacation plans with this info in hand...I have a 8 and a 4 y/o that 'discovered' Star Wars this year and a fanatics. I have vacation time in June that might just come in handy then. Thanks for the 411.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They are not doing anything with DL, the big Star Wars thing is all on its own in LA. DL will not be having any of the Star Wars weekend stuff at all. So you will still be able to fight and scream over the big figs on that first day.

J
Cool. My year is just not complete without engaging in fisticuffs for the privilege of spending an obscene amount of money on a bunch of stuff whose only purpose seems to be to give me something else to dust.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom