Star Wars Weekends guest list announced.

Thomas morrow

On why the events line-up being week, this year is Star Wars Celebration in Orlando. The anyone with a name doesn't want to give something away they can charge for in a few months.

Actually James Arnold Taylor is hosting both events and I'm sure Ashley Eckstien will be at Celebration VI along with a strong Clone Wars presence and I also think you won't be seeing Harrison Ford Liam Neesen or Samuel Jackson on the convention floor either. Like Master Yoda said some of the "big names " really have no interest in the fan base which is fine that is there choice.

Monsterfan99

Actually James Arnold Taylor is hosting both events and I'm sure Ashley Eckstien will be at Celebration VI along with a strong Clone Wars presence and I also think you won't be seeing Harrison Ford Liam Neesen or Samuel Jackson on the convention floor either. Like Master Yoda said some of the "big names " really have no interest in the fan base which is fine that is there choice.
More of your original trilogy performers is what I meant. Although Samuel Jackson will do any gig if it pays right lol.

Captain Neo

You would think that a company that basically prints money between Pixar and Marvel could afford to get some decent star wars actors to come down to Disney World for SW weekends.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, Natalie Portman, Ewan Mcgregor, Ian Mcdermid, Billy D. Williams, Samuel L. Jackson,etc . George Lucas would be nice to see every now and again too.

And just how much would you mind paying? A few of those individuals are a little busy, and Lucas is basically retired from the Star Wars stuff.....

jakeman

I think only a few days before when the guide map comes out. I'll keep my eyes out though.
Thansk Steve.

I'm an odd one, but that would be the big draw for me. I'd even consider a weekend trip down if Zahn or Allston were on the list.

NMBC1993

This will be our first SWW and I am looking forward to meeting JAT and Ashley Eckstien and DBB, Unlike some of the other celebrities the Clone wars voice actors really embrace their fans. I got to meet Tom Kane who voices Yoda on TCW it was at a small comic con and near the end of the show and he chatted with me for 20 minutes in the Yoda voice at times. James Arnold Taylor's one man show is worth seeing even if you are not a star Wars fan his insight into voice acting is very interesting and informative you get a real appreciation for what they do, they are some really talented people. Question for anyone who has attended I know they hand out fastpasses for the celebrity meet and greet how early can you get there to get in line we will have our car so when do they open the parking lot Thanks in advance.

I have to tell you, as someone who made it their goal to meet James Arnold Taylor and Dee Bradley Baker during SWW and succeeded, I have not been let down let. I love the art of voice acting and personally think voice actors work just as hard if not better than half the cast in Hollywood. So to finally meet two of my personal heroes, it was a real honor. I hope one day DHS embarrasses their studio roots and has an animation weekend hosting highlights and talents of animation with various guests.

JediTink

You would think that a company that basically prints money between Pixar and Marvel could afford to get some decent star wars actors to come down to Disney World for SW weekends.

Tell me about it, I'm going the 4th weekend for Jeremy Bulloch, I wish there were more originals.

AEfx

I am really surprised to see Jake Lloyd is making an appearance. He just made a big stink about retiring from acting because of all the flack he use to get about playing young Anakin.

The paycheck, and a trip for him (and presumably his family/friends) to WDW, probably helps. ;)

Maerj

To answer some of the random questions I've seen here...

There are a lot of Clone Wars people because the show is still on tv and is pretty popular with the kids.

Carrie Fisher has done SW Weekends, which is the reason I originally went to WDW in the firstplace. She seemed very nice and def doesn't have anything against SW. In fact she got into a public arguement with Willia Shatner over which is better, SW or ST. George Lucas was there for the opening of Star Tours 2. I hear that he is usually there for the first SW Weekend every year, but you most likely won't see him.

Jake Lloyd doesn't hate SW, IMHO. Its true that he was tormented by people for years over it, even in college. There's only so much one can take. I believe I saw an interview where he actually said he was suicidal at one point, which is really a shame that people would push someone to that point. So, if he is willing to do a SW Weekend, go meet him. He's a pretty nice guy and has a killer handshake... I felt wimpy after shaking his hand!

There are some authors scheduled to appear:

Jason Fry & Erich Schoeneweiss Attending June 1-3

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/...ich_Schoeneweiss_Attending_June_13_145627.asp

Ignohippo

Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, Natalie Portman, Ewan Mcgregor, Ian Mcdermid, Billy D. Williams, Samuel L. Jackson,etc . George Lucas would be nice to see every now and again too.

Seriously, you have to get a grip. Most of the actors you've listed are making millions per role and SW just happened to be one of them. I understand it's really just a couple hours two days out of the year for them (and yeah, it would be nice for them to take the time to do something like that), but in the end, it's a business. Disney couldn't afford to hire any of those people for the weekend and most are busy making millions doing acting jobs around the world.

What I'd really like to see is more special effects people and concept artists.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom