Star Wars Weekends guest list announced.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Weekend 1 (May 18 – 20)

Ray Park – (Darth Maul – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Jerome Blake (Rune Haako/Mas Amedda – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Dee Bradley Baker (voice of Clone Captain Rex and Clone Commander Cody – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Weekend 2 (May 25- 27)

Andy Secombe (Watto – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Ray Park (Darth Maul – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Tom Kane (voice of Yoda – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Weekend 3 (June 1 -3)

Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Silas Carson (Nute Gunray/Ki-Adi-Mundi – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
(Star Wars: The Clone Wars voice talent – currently TBD)

Weekend 4 (June 8- 10)

Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing – Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett – Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi)
Daniel Logan (Boba Fett – Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones)
Nika Futterman (voice of Asajj Ventress – Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/more-visiting-celebrities-details-tips-announced-for-star-wars-weekends-2012-at-walt-disney-world-resort/?CMP=SOC-WDWFY12Q2FBDM0259

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am really surprised to see Jake Lloyd is making an appearance. He just made a big stink about retiring from acting because of all the flack he use to get about playing young Anakin.

Lee

Adventurer
What? No Harrison Ford? No Liam Neeson or Sam Jackson?
Damn.

:lol:

~An agent of SPIRITED change?:cool:~

erasure fan1

I am really surprised to see Jake Lloyd is making an appearance. He just made a big stink about retiring from acting because of all the flack he use to get about playing young Anakin.
Maybe he is realizing that its better to be known for a crummy acting job in one of the most well known series of all time than not be known at all. :lol:

Im really hoping we get to make the final weekend on our trip next year. Do they announce what "characters" will make appearances, like chewy, vader, bobba fett...?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Maybe he is realizing that its better to be known for a crummy acting job in one of the most well known series of all time than not be known at all. :lol:

Im really hoping we get to make the final weekend on our trip next year. Do they announce what "characters" will make appearances, like chewy, vader, bobba fett...?
I have never heard those announced but you can always expect the favorites to be there.

I_heart_Tigger

I met him at one of the Star Wars weekend - can't remember which now (I went every year from 2000-2008) and though he looked bored to tears in the car for the parade he was actually quite a nice kid to talk to.

Though I'm sure being called "Anakin" after all this time gets old. I assume he appreciates the role but there's a fine line between having the role of your life to having the "only" role of your life.

Piebald

I'm also really surprised about Jake Lloyd. Maybe he needs to pay off his student loans or was convinced by family members for a free vacation to Disney. He seems to absolutely hate the fact that he was in the movie and has recently said he had a hard time growing up with kids teasing him.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Have they ever had the big name actors appear at this event?

I love Star Wars, but I'm not making a trip to meet any of the folks listed.
Not in a while. Most of the big names associated with Star Wars are pretty much over is or just saw it as a job and have no real interest in the fan base. Personally, I would much rather meet an enthusiastic Ray Park or Daniel Logan over a bitter Carrie Fisher any day.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
This list pretty much sucks. Why is the original trilogy so under-represented?

Age, other acting roles and/or availability from other projects, a desire to distance themselves from the Star Wars trilogy, or any other assorted reasons. I'm sure Disney has done the best it can in getting these individuals to the parks (during May and June in Florida) to cater to the Star Wars fan base. And from what I've seen of the SW Weekends, there hasn't been many complaints from those whom attended.

Atkins

Banned
Age, other acting roles and/or availability from other projects, a desire to distance themselves from the Star Wars trilogy, or any other assorted reasons. I'm sure Disney has done the best it can in getting these individuals to the parks (during May and June in Florida) to cater to the Star Wars fan base. And from what I've seen of the SW Weekends, there hasn't been many complaints from those whom attended.

They could have at least gotten people that worked on the special effects and stuff. Some of the bit-role people as well. I know not all of these people are still working in the industry and have the time for something like that. I don't know why voice actors from a cartoon would be more important.

AEfx

Not in a while. Most of the big names associated with Star Wars are pretty much over is or just saw it as a job and have no real interest in the fan base. Personally, I would much rather meet an enthusiastic Ray Park or Daniel Logan over a bitter Carrie Fisher any day.

Master Yoda, I'm surprised at you. You know how much I generally like and respect (and mostly agree!) with your opinions, but in this case - bad example.

Carrie Fisher is in no way "bitter" over Star Wars. She's actually quite enthusiastic about it. In her one-woman show (which I was in one of the front rows for the HBO special taping, you can see and hear me a few times, LOL) she makes fun of the merchandising, but out of the three big actors she has easily been THE most supportive of Star Wars (and, in fact, hasn't she been to SWW in the past?).

Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill (to a lesser extent) are the bitter ones. I actually really resent Harrison for pretty much refusing to be a part of just about anything Star Wars (even commentary/interviews on various releases). He looks embarrassed and ashamed any time it's brought up on a talk show. It makes me feel bad for him that he can't enjoy it, particularly where he has had such a long-lasting career launched because of it. If he was more secure in his position as an actor he'd embrace it, even if he thought it was silly.

He reminds me so much of Alec Guinness, who also famously derided Star Wars until the very end - I mean, he made kids cry over it, for crying out loud - yet they both cashed those paychecks (Harrison, Fisher, and Hamill were given a small percentage of merchandising rights as thank-you for the sequels, and Guinness had a part of the gross making him a very rich elderly man). Although Harrison has obviously made impact in other films (though not lately - I can't even think of anything he's been in the last decade), I have a feeling his fate might end up like Guiness - who was well known in his time, but virtually the only reason anyone under 40 knows he existed is because of Star Wars (though Indy will also likely be remembered).

Hamill is a little better, but I think if Harrison is more ungrateful that Mark probably falls a bit more to bitter, as he really never had any significant acting roles after. He will talk about Star Wars, but really seems genuinely nonplussed by it. His extensive (and acclaimed) voice over work he treats the same way - he became *THE* voice associated with the Joker, and his last time around he made comments about retiring it. It's like...really? LOL.

Sorry for the rant, but if anyone out of the cast is disgruntled, it's not Carrie Fisher. ;)

erasure fan1

Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill (to a lesser extent) are the bitter ones. I actually really resent Harrison for pretty much refusing to be a part of just about anything Star Wars (even commentary/interviews on various releases). He looks embarrassed and ashamed any time it's brought up on a talk show. It makes me feel bad for him that he can't enjoy it, particularly where he has had such a long-lasting career launched because of it. If he was more secure in his position as an actor he'd embrace it, even if he thought it was silly.

I agree, its always bugged me how Harrison Ford has acted towards star wars. I dont think he needs to be dressing up as Han and doing autograph sessions with Chewy but at least be involved and embrace it a little.

Thomas morrow

This will be our first SWW and I am looking forward to meeting JAT and Ashley Eckstien and DBB, Unlike some of the other celebrities the Clone wars voice actors really embrace their fans. I got to meet Tom Kane who voices Yoda on TCW it was at a small comic con and near the end of the show and he chatted with me for 20 minutes in the Yoda voice at times. James Arnold Taylor's one man show is worth seeing even if you are not a star Wars fan his insight into voice acting is very interesting and informative you get a real appreciation for what they do, they are some really talented people. Question for anyone who has attended I know they hand out fastpasses for the celebrity meet and greet how early can you get there to get in line we will have our car so when do they open the parking lot Thanks in advance.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Master Yoda, I'm surprised at you. You know how much I generally like and respect (and mostly agree!) with your opinions, but in this case - bad example.

Carrie Fisher is in no way "bitter" over Star Wars. She's actually quite enthusiastic about it. In her one-woman show (which I was in one of the front rows for the HBO special taping, you can see and hear me a few times, LOL) she makes fun of the merchandising, but out of the three big actors she has easily been THE most supportive of Star Wars (and, in fact, hasn't she been to SWW in the past?).

He reminds me so much of Alec Guinness, who also famously derided Star Wars until the very end - I mean, he made kids cry over it, for crying out loud - yet they both cashed those paychecks (Harrison, Fisher, and Hamill were given a small percentage of merchandising rights as thank-you for the sequels, and Guinness had a part of the gross making him a very rich elderly man). Although Harrison has obviously made impact in other films (though not lately - I can't even think of anything he's been in the last decade), I have a feeling his fate might end up like Guiness - who was well known in his time, but virtually the only reason anyone under 40 knows he existed is because of Star Wars (though Indy will also likely be remembered).

Hamill is a little better, but I think if Harrison is more ungrateful that Mark probably falls a bit more to bitter, as he really never had any significant acting roles after. He will talk about Star Wars, but really seems genuinely nonplussed by it. His extensive (and acclaimed) voice over work he treats the same way - he became *THE* voice associated with the Joker, and his last time around he made comments about retiring it. It's like...really? LOL.

Sorry for the rant, but if anyone out of the cast is disgruntled, it's not Carrie Fisher. ;)
I could have named anyone of several people, and while Carrie Fisher might not be the best example, she was simply the first one that came to mind. I saw the same one woman show and did not feel any of the enthusiasm that you did. It is quite possible that I was simply looking for a pessimistic viewpoint from her and did not watch it with an open mind. However, when you compare her attitude to someone like Warwick Davis, Ray Park, Daniel Logan or any of at least a dozen other Star Wars celebrities, she seems to fall toward the bitter side of the spectrum.

celluloid

A part of it is also what Disney is willing to spend on the event.

Daniels and a small here and there are all you will see from the original trilogy.

Besides that it is just pretty much going to be voice actors of video games and tv series with a few fun new trilogy folk.

Tori

This will be our first SWW and I am looking forward to meeting JAT and Ashley Eckstien and DBB, Unlike some of the other celebrities the Clone wars voice actors really embrace their fans. I got to meet Tom Kane who voices Yoda on TCW it was at a small comic con and near the end of the show and he chatted with me for 20 minutes in the Yoda voice at times. James Arnold Taylor's one man show is worth seeing even if you are not a star Wars fan his insight into voice acting is very interesting and informative you get a real appreciation for what they do, they are some really talented people. Question for anyone who has attended I know they hand out fastpasses for the celebrity meet and greet how early can you get there to get in line we will have our car so when do they open the parking lot Thanks in advance.

Hollywood Studios parking lot is open 24/7.

Monsterfan99

On why the events line-up being week, this year is Star Wars Celebration in Orlando. The anyone with a name doesn't want to give something away they can charge for in a few months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom