Star Wars Weekends 2014

Ignohippo

I really wonder what they'll do this year since so many of their celebs (and all of the hosts) came from the Clone Wars tv show.

It's strange to think of Ashley Ecstein, James Arnold Taylor, Tom Kane, etc. as no longer part of Star Wars since they were such great ambassadors for it for so many years. It's really a shame.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It is hard to say. With Clone Wars gone and the new movies and animated series on the horizon, the celebrity list could be-a-changing.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting. I think the actors for the new movie will be to new to bring to an event like this. They could still bring back some of the Clone Wars people.

I really wonder what they'll do this year since so many of their celebs (and all of the hosts) came from the Clone Wars tv show.

It's strange to think of Ashley Ecstein, James Arnold Taylor, Tom Kane, etc. as no longer part of Star Wars since they were such great ambassadors for it for so many years. It's really a shame.

Ashley still has her Star Wars apparel line so she will probably continue to have some involvement with Star Wars even if she doesn't end up part of the new series.

Ignohippo

Yeah, it's going to be interesting. I think the actors for the new movie will be to new to bring to an event like this. They could still bring back some of the Clone Wars people.

Ashley still has her Star Wars apparel line so she will probably continue to have some involvement with Star Wars even if she doesn't end up part of the new series.

Yeah, I'm sure she'll still be the host.

I'm still holding out hope that Asohka and Rex will continue their storylines on Rebels at some point. It seems like such a natural fit.

ratherbeinwdw

Just walking up and seeing the stormtroopers standing on the roof with their weapons pointing is worth the crowds. I was so angry the first year we went when a stormtrooper was coming around the wall to go down the ramp over by The Little Mermaid as I was walking up the ramp, and I looked up and he actually held his arm up like he was going to hit or shove me. I was in shock. My daughter was laughing. She told me he was just in character.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We will make two of the weekends again. The character experiences are always enjoyable as are some of the unique items for sale. The crowds can be a bit much but still better than many days at MK.

Thomas morrow

There are still several Clone Wars arcs coming out although they have been tight lipped about how when or where so I could see some of the Clone Wars people still being involved they really are very fan friendly and Ashley Eckstien and Dee Bradley Baker (Agent P)have other Disney tie inns

Ignohippo

There are still several Clone Wars arcs coming out although they have been tight lipped about how when or where so I could see some of the Clone Wars people still being involved they really are very fan friendly and Ashley Eckstien and Dee Bradley Baker (Agent P)have other Disney tie inns

We may get (at most) about 5 episodes. What wasn't completed when the ax fell won't see the light of day.

Rumor has it, they'll be released eventually through some kind of apple TV/iTunes deal when apple finally announces their TV set. I'm not holding my breath, but that was the rumor.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Query: I printed out a touring plans calendar and planned a family reunion around SWW 3 weeks ago. Was touring plans just guessing? It appears they got the dates correct.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Query: I printed out a touring plans calendar and planned a family reunion around SWW 3 weeks ago. Was touring plans just guessing? It appears they got the dates correct.
The dates are almost always the same...last 2 weekends in May, first 2 in June, but this year was going to be kind of a wild card due to May ending and June beginning on a weekend. I think they just guessed right, unless they had some sort of inside info or historical prescient.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom