Star Wars Weekends 2014

tribbleorlfl

The quick final thought.

Today was nowhere near the disaster that was predicted. Crowds were smaller by my observation, Especially right now for fireworks time.

Mark Hamill was fantastic. There were accommodations for people to be able to see his show anywhere in the park.

Best day here so far.
Is there a line for tomorrow's autograph FP distribution yet? Guaging if I should leave to get there around midnight or not.

Kevin_W

The quick final thought.

Today was nowhere near the disaster that was predicted. Crowds were smaller by my observation, Especially right now for fireworks time.

Mark Hamill was fantastic. There were accommodations for people to be able to see his show anywhere in the park.

Best day here so far.

I have to agree. I was expecting wall-to-wall people and it really wasn't bad. We were in DHS in the morning on Thursday and waits for the regular attractions were longer than they were today. Also have to say that the Hamill show was great. We saw Stars of the Saga with Ray Park and Bill D. Williams after that and it was a bit of a letdown after Hamill (although the storm trooper pre-show was great).

Nemo14

DS sent me a pic of his spot to view the parade:
download

PhotoDave219

So as I'm heading out, there are still five rows of one parking lot and two rows of another parking lot still open…

Plus the front parking lot where medical overflow has been going is almost wide-open.

So this makes me wonder… Were people afraid of the crowds? Is the audience really made up of cast members? Last weekend was definitely worse crowd wise.

Got to say, I'm a little shocked…

CaptainShortty

So as I'm heading out, there are still five rows of one parking lot and two rows of another parking lot still open…

Plus the front parking lot where medical overflow has been going is almost wide-open.

So this makes me wonder… Were people afraid of the crowds? Is the audience really made up of cast members? Last weekend was definitely worse crowd wise.

I also think that Star Wars Celebration being in Anaheim this year played a small part into it. Your SW fans that would usually come and can't afford to go overseas for Celebration are not here because they can afford to go to Celebration and therefore cannot afford (or decide not to) come to SWW.

I also think that CMs do make up a decent percentage of the Guest base so that definitely is a factor as well.

Certainly doesn't completely explain the lack of crazy crowds that were to be expected but plays a small part in it, IMO.

PhotoDave219

I also think that Star Wars Celebration being in Anaheim this year played a small part into it. Your SW fans that would usually come and can't afford to go overseas for Celebration are not here because they can afford to go to Celebration and therefore cannot afford (or decide not to) come to SWW.

I also think that CMs do make up a decent percentage of the Guest base so that definitely is a factor as well.

Certainly doesn't completely explain the lack of crazy crowds that were to be expected but plays a small part in it, IMO.

Not that I'm complaining… it was very nice and very reasonable to walk around and not have 30,000 people in my face

tribbleorlfl

It was great to meet you in-person, Dave. You definitely livened up our 4 hour wait (in vain) for Mark Hamill.

Yeah, not quite sure what to make of the lesser crowds compared to last week. I do wonder if it's more your first musing- people afraid of the crowds. Originally when they announced MH, I vowed to avoid the park like the plague. Thinking others might have as well. Only reason I changed my mind was I needed BDW on my ESB poster more.

PhotoDave219

It was great to meet you in-person, Dave. You definitely livened up our 4 hour wait (in vain) for Mark Hamill.

Yeah, not quite sure what to make of the lesser crowds compared to last week. I do wonder if it's more your first musing- people afraid of the crowds. Originally when they announced MH, I vowed to avoid the park like the plague. Thinking others might have as well. Only reason I changed my mind was I needed BDW on my ESB poster more.

Hey I only waited for two hours… it was brutally hot though.

Star Wars Celebration is April 16-19, 2015.

71jason

I remember probably a year ago in a Star Wars Land discussion I suggested that the SWW crowd was largely the same CMs and fanbois crowding the front of the stage at the Hyperspace Hoopla each and every show. The fact that Mark Hamil weekend has the lightest crowds this year, when the only other factor in play is a heavy crackdown on maingates (not even letting non-working CMs park), does nothing to dissuade me from that theory.

Dwarful

We got our parade spot at 9 AM. The kids took our magic bands and doubled up the rides using our FPs and theirs as well. We talked to the people around us...and only one woman was from the Orlando area. We had a disabled veteran from Conn. on one side with her mother and her service dog. On the other side we had some fanbois from Alabama. Behind us was a large family from Texas. We are from Illinois. We were not planning on getting in line at 9...because last Sunday we got a good spot at 10:30. BUT at 9 when we were headed to the drawing area we discovered the crowds were already filling up on both sides so we grabbed out spot and sent the girls on their way.

PhotoDave219

I remember probably a year ago in a Star Wars Land discussion I suggested that the SWW crowd was largely the same CMs and fanbois crowding the front of the stage at the Hyperspace Hoopla each and every show. The fact that Mark Hamil weekend has the lightest crowds this year, when the only other factor in play is a heavy crackdown on maingates (not even letting non-working CMs park), does nothing to dissuade me from that theory.

It makes me nervous. It makes me wonder if a Star Wars expansion would actually work… i'd like to think so but it makes me question what exactly is going on here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom