Star Wars Weekends 2008

wdwfan4eva

Original Poster
I did a search and didn't find that anyone asked about this yet but...

Have they announced who's going to be there and when?

My parents want my hubby and I to take a trip, while they watch our son, for a long weekend in June. My husband loves Star Wars and I think he'll love experiencing this.

If anybody has info, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you! :D

Scar

To the best of my knowledge, there has not been any posting of specific characters/actors and dates.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The official dates are the first 4 full weekends of June. No guest list as of yet but from my underrating one very popular guest from last year, Ray Park, will more than likely not be there due to the filming of G.I. Joe.

darthjohnny

This will probably be the first year I'll miss Star Wars Weekends. While I am disappointed that I won't make it, does anyone think that this year will be a let down?

Obviously, they can't do Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Star Wars Edition, they didn't do the Tatooine Trivia Trials last year, and probably won't this year, and since they are working on the new American Idol attraction, they can't use the ABC Theater for the Behind the Force nor Stars of the Saga talk show.

What do you guys think? :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This will probably be the first year I'll miss Star Wars Weekends. While I am disappointed, does anyone think that this year will be a let down?

Obviously, they can't do Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Star Wars Edition, they didn't do the Tatooine Trivia Trials last year, and probably won't this year, and since they are working on the new American Idol attraction, they can't use the ABC Theater for the Behind the Force nor Stars of the Saga talk show.

What do you guys think? :shrug:
I will be missing this year as well unless they lift the seasonal AP blackout. I too am a little worried about this year. A good chunk of the area used for SWW is taken up by TSM construction as well as the aforementioned ABC studios being unavailable. TSM should be done by June and if the work on the old Hunchback theater is complete by June then that facility could be utilized for behind the force but I have no clue where Disney is going to be able to put the merchandise area. I am almost glad I will not be there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
why would Disney even schedule SWW all in june so there pass holders cant go....odd move.
Regular AP holders will be able to go it is just the Florida resident seasonal passholders that can't. I have posted this little fact on this message board as well as the official Star Wars board and no one really seems all that put off by it so I am assuming that I am in the minority. I sent an e-mail to guest communications concerning this last week so we shall see what happens.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
so why can't FL resident AP go in June?
A Fl resident seasonal AP has blackout dates attached to it. The blackout dates are typically 2 weeks for spring break, summer and the week of Christmas and New Years. This year the summer blackout starts on June 7th. Technically I could go for one day on June 6th but my kids are still in school taking finals so that is out.

Polyman

Gee, I thought SWW was yesterday. It must have been. We had a lost guest come through Epcot Auto Plaza asking how to get to the Star Wars Weekend. We just directed her to HS. :brick::shrug::ROFLOL:

darthjohnny

I will be missing this year as well unless they lift the seasonal AP blackout. I too am a little worried about this year. A good chunk of the area used for SWW is taken up by TSM construction as well as the aforementioned ABC studios being unavailable. TSM should be done by June and if the work on the old Hunchback theater is complete by June then that facility could be utilized for behind the force but I have no clue where Disney is going to be able to put the merchandise area. I am almost glad I will not be there.

Yeah. Most of the characters would be on that temporarily renamed "Jedi" Mickey Avenue where TSM is going.

And where to put the store was another concern of mine. Putting it in Tatooine Traders never really works out. Maybe they can put it in the Indiana Jones Outpost like they've done before.

Regular AP holders will be able to go it is just the Florida resident seasonal passholders that can't. I have posted this little fact on this message board as well as the official Star Wars board and no one really seems all that put off by it so I am assuming that I am in the minority. I sent an e-mail to guest communications concerning this last week so we shall see what happens.

Yeah. That was never really a problem when they were held in May.

I wish they would move it back to May because it wasn't as hot and less crowded.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah. Most of the characters would be on that temporarily renamed "Jedi" Mickey Avenue where TSM is going.

And where to put the store was another concern of mine. Putting it in Tatooine Traders never really works out. Maybe they can put it in the Indiana Jones Outpost like they've done before.

Yeah. That was never really a problem when they were held in May.

I wish they would move it back to May because it wasn't as hot and less crowded.
So do I. Some of the best times I have had with my kids was at SWW and it seemed to get better every year. I think I will miss that the most this year.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
wow, that's juust cold. Is the FL discount enough to justify the black outs?
The savings over a regular Florida resident AP is $128 plus tax per ticket. If I only had to buy one I would pony up the extra cash in a second but I have to buy 5 and that adds up to a considerable chunk of extra cash.

darthjohnny

It was just announced how the new Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series will premiere in movie form in the theaters August 15th, 2008 and the TV Series shortly after in the Fall.

I bet they'll be promoting it during Star Wars Weekends. I wonder if they'll even bring some of the animators and producers as special guests.

That would be cool to see. Maybe they'll even have special merchandise there during the weekends. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It was just announced how the new Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series will premiere in movie form in the theaters August 15th, 2008 and the TV Series shortly after in the Fall.

I bet they'll be promoting it during Star Wars Weekends. I wonder if they'll even bring some of the animators and producers as special guests.

That would be cool to see. Maybe they'll even have special merchandise there during the weekends. :)
From my understanding that is the plan.

WhatJaneSays

I have the Florida Seasonal Pass as well ... I'm going to try to make it June 6th (Friday) because that's the last day before the black out. If I get lucky like a few years ago and they bring back the triva contest (you used to be able to win two 1-day passes) I'll go other weekends.

Ah well, MegaCon is comming so I'll try to get my SW fix there.;)

A Fl resident seasonal AP has blackout dates attached to it. The blackout dates are typically 2 weeks for spring break, summer and the week of Christmas and New Years. This year the summer blackout starts on June 7th. Technically I could go for one day on June 6th but my kids are still in school taking finals so that is out.

I'm planning a trip to WDW June 16th to July 3rd so I know it will be busy coming up towards July 4th but can anyone tell me when Spring Break starts?

WDWFigment

There have to be more people with the seasonal pass. Just maybe not here, since I imagine most hardcore fans living in Florida would buy a full pass. The ones who aren't hardcore fans probably also don't know the dates for SWW (since they haven't been announced), so they haven't started complaining yet. Give it time...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom