Star Wars Weekends 2006

Im surprised I thought Star wars weekends would be held in cooler months. How can they stand the heat in those costumes. My son is a huge star wars fan and we would love to take him for one of the weekends but we cant take the fl summer heat. Are they always held during the summer?

col

i had one of the best days of my life last year at the star wars weekends -and im not a fan of star wars but i know some characters names and some stuff about star wars.

i had so much fun and collected loads of different lightsabres(sp?) made from special star wars maps. awesome day loved every minute -once in a life time experience :) !!

i saw darth vader, chewy, r2d2, those white things (i think there enemies -not sure), anakin (the person playing him was the spitting image of hayden christenson), loads more.

i got my picture taken with jedi mickey :D.

saw little kids jedi training in the costumes.

the CM's watching over everything where all in costume which was totally cool. star tours had 60+ minutes wait. excellent atmosphere i really enjoyed it.

MissM

Personally, I didn't think it was "all that." The coolest thing was getting my pic taken with Jedi Mickey. Beyond that...eh. It wasn't that exciting or that actually prevasive in the park in my opinion.

*shrugs*
-m

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
cajunCinderella said:
Im surprised I thought Star wars weekends would be held in cooler months. How can they stand the heat in those costumes. My son is a huge star wars fan and we would love to take him for one of the weekends but we cant take the fl summer heat. Are they always held during the summer?
They have been done at the same time for several years. Then end of May and early June is not even the hottest time of the year in Central Florida. It gets much hotter in late June and July. I have no official knowledge but I always thought the reason they were held at that time of year was to coincide with the release of the movies. If I am not mistaken all 6 Star Wars films were released in the last 2 weeks of May.

NoNoNoNoNo

cajunCinderella said:

it's hard to get kids out of school in feb!

Houston13

The dates are on the official web site under the special events for May
Dates: May 19, 2006 - June 11, 2006, 9:00AM - 10:00PM
No other info yet as to who will be there.

xstechbabe

The first weekend in June I can almost guarentee that Warwick Davis will be there. He come every year that week. I see his GR person Carol at MK all the time.

I didn't get the middle two weekends off but I am tryign ot make a deal with managers.

Zip-D-Dude

Any news?

Any news of a daily schedule for Star Wars Weekends? I have seen the celebrities list and know the parade will be at 11:00 am, but when will the evening finale be? Where will it be? What is it? Will there be fastpass machines for autographs?

I will be there on the 21st and am getting anxious. Just want to plan my day. :)

prberk

Star Wars Weekends 2006 Guest List

Here is what the "Star Wars" official website (www.starwars.com) says is the current guest list:

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/news20060411.html

Star Wars Weekends 2006 Guest List
April 11, 2006

Star Wars Weekends are almost here, and starting next month fans get to meet an impressive lineup of special guests attending four weekends of Star Wars fun at the Disney-MGM Studios in Florida. From May 19 to June 11, 2006, fans of all ages will converge to celebrate the heroes, villains, creatures and droids of the saga. In addition to Star Wars costumed characters, fun activities, and the Star Tours theme park ride, celebrity guests will be in attendance for meet-and-greet sessions, star conversations, and a classic Hollywood-style motorcade.
Here's a sneak peek at the celebrity guests which include Star Wars cast and crew. However, please check back here for future updates to the guest list as it may be subject to change.

Warwick Davis will be the first ever celebrity host for all four Star Wars Weekends. Davis was only 11 years old when he played the Ewok hero Wicket in Return of the Jedi. In Episode I, he played multiple roles, including that of Anakin's young friend Wald.

May 19, 20 & 21 -- Rick McCallum & Peter Mayhew

As a rare treat for fans, Producer Rick McCallum will be attending Star Wars Weekends to chat about his work behind the scenes on the prequels. A fan favorite from the classic trilogy, Peter Mayhew is no stranger to Star Wars Weekends. The towering Peter Mayhew played the loyal Wookiee Chewbacca in the original trilogy, and revisited the role in Revenge of the Sith.

May 26, 27 & 28 -- Jake Lloyd & Matthew Wood

Anakin Skywalker from Episode I will be making a return to Star Wars Weekends as Jake Lloyd joins the fun. Also there that weekend will be Episode III's Supervising Sound Editor Matthew Wood, the voice of the evil General Grievous.

June 2, 3 & 4 -- Jay Laga'aia and Orli Shoshan

Fans know Jay Laga'aia as the protective security officer Captain Typho in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, while Orli Shoshan played the Jedi Master Shaak Ti in both Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

June 9, 10 & 11 -- Jeremy Bulloch & Temuera Morrison

Jeremy Bulloch is known best for his role as the legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. He also made a brief cameo as Captain Colton in Revenge of the Sith. Temuera Morrison played Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones, and consequently his image was replicated over and over as the basis for the clone army.

For the latest Star Wars Weekends updates, keep checking here as well as Disneyworld.com. For more information, tickets or resort reservations, guests can call 407/W-DISNEY, visit Disneyworld.com or a travel agent.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Zip-D-Dude said:
Any news of a daily schedule for Star Wars Weekends? I have seen the celebrities list and know the parade will be at 11:00 am, but when will the evening finale be? Where will it be? What is it? Will there be fastpass machines for autographs?

I will be there on the 21st and am getting anxious. Just want to plan my day. :)
I haven't seen any info on the evening finale so I won't be much help there but you will need a fast pass for the autographs. The weekend you are going will have Peter Mayhew and Rick McCallaum which are likely to be the most popular celebrities out of all of the weekends there for the whole month. Last year the fast passes for autographs were gone in only a few hours for Peter Mayhew so you will want to get to the park at least 1 hour before opening and head straight to the Star Tours attraction when you are let in the park. Also, all people getting a fast pass must be present. If it is like last year a CM will be handing out the passes and they will only give out one per person.

daguru

I wish the Fan Club was still doing the Breakfasts...I attended the last one they had it (a few years ago), loved it (that is where I got my Peter Mayhew & Jeremy Bulloch autographs)...

daguru

I will be there when it opens this weekend first thing, for merchandise (before it sells out, like last year)...

Will return the following weekend when my family comes down to go to it...

Chux

Only 3 more days of boring work for me! We get to The poly around 10 Thursday, and will be at MGM when it opens on friday.

Merchandising, Merchandising, Merchandising!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom