News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

mmascari

And exactly why this situation was part of the survey Disney was soliciting input about.... would you be willing to give up days or would you extend. This idea of contention is already well understood by Disney.
Give up days, extend, or not do it. There's 3 options not just 2.

I don't know about the rest of you, but "extend" is frequently not an option. If it was a long weekend trip turning into a week long, perhaps. But, at some point, a week for myself, that's really it. Extending would mean giving up some other vacation trip at another time during the year.

That's the same sales pitch DVC uses. Buy your Disney vacation and give up going other places (mostly). And they sell a ton of those. Maybe it will work.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’m so curious to see how this plays out. If people won’t want to/won’t be allowed to experience all of HS..or won’t mind not having a pool (as some have claimed).. think about how long morning to evening is... I know that it’s going to be expensive, but I still don’t see the majority of people wanting to stay indoors, even in a “spaceship”, from wake up until bedtime.
I think that’s a fair point on being indoors that long, but I’ve spent a few weekends in Vegas in the summer where I spent less than an hour outside.

They could have an indoor pool and I’m sure lounges maybe an arcade. You don’t have to be playing the game all day.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Give up days, extend, or not do it. There's 3 options not just 2.

I don't know about the rest of you, but "extend" is frequently not an option. If it was a long weekend trip turning into a week long, perhaps. But, at some point, a week for myself, that's really it. Extending would mean giving up some other vacation trip at another time during the year.

That's the same sales pitch DVC uses. Buy your Disney vacation and give up going other places (mostly). And they sell a ton of those. Maybe it will work.
I see this as being more of a once in a while or one and done type experience. I don’t see a lot of people who aren’t into this type of thing normally coming back every year or multiple times a year to do this. It’s like giving up a day to rent a boat at CR and fish or do one of the backstage tours.

tonymu

Premium Member
I think it would be better for people to not think of it as a resort or hotel. We should expect that it will not be listed on the website with all the other hotels and resorts where you can rent a room to sleep. Think about it being listed as an adventure like one of the backstage tours. This adventure lasts longer than just a few hours so it has it's own place where you will be able to sleep as part of the the adventure. You are paying for the adventure, not a room to sleep. This adventure just also includes a room to sleep. If you want to rent a room to sleep and visit theme parks, swim or just hang out this would not be for you. You are signing up for 2 full days of adventure. If you are not signed up for the adventure then I don't think you will be allowed in.

If you are wanting to go to the theme parks then you can also reserve a room at one of the resort hotels and I would bet they would line up a Minnie van to take you to that resort when the adventure is finished. I could also see that these adventures would have set start and end dates and times. That way all new adventurers would arrive together, check into the adventure, get their room assignment and then have a time to report for new crew member orientation.

I would think of it as if you signed up for a 2 day rafting adventure down the Grand Canyon. You sign up for a 2 day adventure. You check in at a specific time at a specific place with a group of others who signed up for the same adventure slot. You then travel together to your raft, float down the river for the day and then set up for the night along the river. You, eat, drink, sing songs, play games, etc, sleep and then wake and raft all day again. At then end of the 2nd day you are transported back to the starting place and leave. You signed up for two days of rafting so you raft for two days and don't come and go, and other outsiders don't wander in and out. Now substitute a Star Wars Adventure instead of Grand Canyon Rafting Adventure. Replace the rafting, singing songs etc with Star Wars Role Playing. Replace the raft and river with the Star Wars Resort structure "Space Ship". And think about being in that structure like you are thousands of mile away in the middle of the Grand Canyon, only you and the others signed up for this specific adventure.

I would think that there will not be restaurants like there are at the regular resort hotels. I would think there is a commissary for adventurers with many options of foods to eat. I could see there not being being a pool but a pool could still fit into this scenario.

21stamps

I think it would be better for people to not think of it as a resort or hotel. We should expect that it will not be listed on the website with all the other hotels and resorts where you can rent a room to sleep. Think about it being listed as an adventure like one of the backstage tours. This adventure lasts longer than just a few hours so it has it's own place where you will be able to sleep as part of the the adventure. You are paying for the adventure, not a room to sleep. This adventure just also includes a room to sleep. If you want to rent a room to sleep and visit theme parks, swim or just hang out this would not be for you. You are signing up for 2 full days of adventure. If you are not signed up for the adventure then I don't think you will be allowed in.

If you are wanting to go to the theme parks then you can also reserve a room at one of the resort hotels and I would bet they would line up a Minnie van to take you to that resort when the adventure is finished. I could also see that these adventures would have set start and end dates and times. That way all new adventurers would arrive together, check into the adventure, get their room assignment and then have a time to report for new crew member orientation.

I would think of it as if you signed up for a 2 day rafting adventure down the Grand Canyon. You sign up for a 2 day adventure. You check in at a specific time at a specific place with a group of others who signed up for the same adventure slot. You then travel together to your raft, float down the river for the day and then set up for the night along the river. You, eat, drink, sing songs, play games, etc, sleep and then wake and raft all day again. At then end of the 2nd day you are transported back to the starting place and leave. You signed up for two days of rafting so you raft for two days and don't come and go, and other outsiders don't wander in and out. Now substitute a Star Wars Adventure instead of Grand Canyon Rafting Adventure. Replace the rafting, singing songs etc with Star Wars Role Playing. Replace the raft and river with the Star Wars Resort structure "Space Ship". And think about being in that structure like you are thousands of mile away in the middle of the Grand Canyon, only you and the others signed up for this specific adventure.

I would think that there will not be restaurants like there are at the regular resort hotels. I would think there is a commissary for adventurers with many options of foods to eat. I could see there not being being a pool but a pool could still fit into this scenario.

Do you think there is enough people to fill a calendar year with that type of “2 day adventure”? Especially people who typically do spend a lot of money on accommodations, yet still want to step outside or swim in a pool?

Adventure- Yes.
Dress Up- Yes.
Being tied to all other guests in a “group multi day adventure”- Where are all of these people coming from?

I’m saying this as someone who is very excited about this hotel, and who’s child is very excited about this hotel.. so I’m definitely not a hater, I just don’t see where these ideas such as yours and others, are related to anything that Disney has announced. Unless there’s something that I didn’t read, which is entirely possible.
Most of all- do you really think that this won’t be front and center on the website for quite some time?

21stamps

Well that's good, because there's no way, with the small size of the resort, a majority can even possibly experience it.

How small? Smaller than 200 rooms?

If the $2k pricing is correct or even close to correct, then this is targeted at the upper middle class.. not the entire gp anyway.. then out of that income bracket, you’ll have all types of Star Wars fans.

tonymu

Premium Member
Do you think there is enough people to fill a calendar year with that type of “2 day adventure”? Especially people who typically do spend a lot of money on accommodations, yet still want to step outside or swim in a pool?

Adventure- Yes.
Dress Up- Yes.
Being tied to all other guests in a “group multi day adventure”- Where are all of these people coming from?

I’m saying this as someone who is very excited about this hotel, and who’s child is very excited about this hotel.. so I’m definitely not a hater, I just don’t see where these ideas such as yours and others, are related to anything that Disney has announced. Unless there’s something that I didn’t read, which is entirely possible.
Most of all- do you really think that this won’t be front and center on the website for quite some time?

I would imagine it is not going to be very big. I don't think they could manage thousands of adventurers. I think they will be managing hundred(s) of adventurers. I would think the structure would have rooms on one side and the rest of it will be themed rooms and areas where the adventures can take place. I could see hundreds of people around the world filling 365 days. I think it will be hard to get a reservation for a long time.

I think most people have been imagining a resort the size of the Polynesian with a Star Wars theme instead of South Pacific theme with a number of buildings and pools, restaurants and shops. I think that is completely wrong and why everyone is having such a hard time getting their heads around it.

BrianLo

I don’t see it happening. I definitely believe that they will tie Galaxy’s Edge into the stay. 2 or 3 nights is long enough to enjoy the resort and enjoy an excursion outside of the resort, especially a SW themed one. There would be absolutely no reason to build it in the location it is IF guests do not go to Galaxy’s Edge.

Oh sorry, I misinterpreted. Yes I definitely think you'll be going to Galaxy's Edge, with FP in tow and likely further timed role playing experiences.

It's more the thought that people are going to stay there for 7 days replacing their days at the contemporary and jaunt over to Epcot or Magic Kingdom. This is not a hotel to sleep in between your Flight of Passage rope drops and Happily Ever After Fireworks days. It's going to be a very focused experience, which definitely includes Galaxy's Edge.

But... that's about all they'll want you to go to. I'm not even really sure they will encourage those guests to leave that bubble and venture beyond the land itself in the studios, let alone another gate.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How small? Smaller than 200 rooms?

If the $2k pricing is correct or even close to correct, then this is targeted at the upper middle class.. not the entire gp anyway.. then out of that income bracket, you’ll have all types of Star Wars fans.

Here's your answer...

Yeah, so getting real tired of this exchange:

Person with an idea of what this is about: It'll be like a LARP with elements X, Y, Z.​
Person who doesn't get it: I hate that Y part. It means catastrophe for persons A and B!!​
Person with an idea of what this is about: Here's what Y is all about and why it's essential and ways to make it work for persons A and B. And since it is essential for the LARP experience, then maybe this experience isn't for persons A and B.​
Person who doesn't get it: But nothing has been finalized so you don't know what you're talking about!!​

If you don't think anyone knows what they're talking about, then why the heck are you arguing with them in the first place?

Fine, no one knows what they're talking about and nothing definitive has been announced. So... just go away until it is announced and stop picking fights over things which you don't believe in.

Dunston

I really do think that people are fantasizing a bit.. outside of a minority of the general public, most people don’t want to be locked in a hotel role playing for 48-72 hours. There’s plenty of time to do both the land/HS, and the resort.

This hotel is going to be open 365, right? There’s not enough people willing to do that to fill this hotel for a year, much less long term.
thank you lmao

djkidkaz

A pool? No. A trash compactor with a Dianoga monster inside? Yes.

Fizban257

That’s not what a lot of the posts here have been saying, I’m just wondering if there’s something that I missed which could lead them to believe it.
Admittedly, I do not watch YouTube videos of Disney, and I don’t listen to podcasts, and I don’t follow any Disney bloggers/vloggers/cms/etc on social media.
Check out this older thread: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/star-wars-all-inclusive-star-ship-resort.926270/page-2 which includes screenshots of the email survey that went out Spring 2017.

It includes these planned details:
  • The opportunity to experience a 2-day story set in the Star Wars universe.
  • Be surrounded by a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the 2-night stay.
  • Have personal interactions with Star Wars characters, live performers throughout the starship (experience the story or simply observe the action according to personal preference).
  • Engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions (both on the starship and throughout the Star Wars themed planet).
It also lists these amenities onboard the "ship":
  • All meals during your stay: buffet breakfasts, lunches, & signature evening dining.
  • Featured entertainment & dinner shows.
  • Exclusive park admission to the Star Wars themed land at the Walt Disney World Resort (a new land opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019).
  • Star Wars starship amenities including pool area & water garden, fitness area, on-board cantina, and robotic droid Butlers.
In the survey, the experience was priced at roughly $900 to $1000 per guest.

21stamps

Here's your answer...

That wasn’t an answer though.lol. You said “given the size”, which implied that you knew the size. I’m guessing around 200-300 rooms.. wondered if you knew something more concrete.

I would imagine it is not going to be very big. I don't think they could manage thousands of adventurers. I think they will be managing hundred(s) of adventurers. I would think the structure would have rooms on one side and the rest of it will be themed rooms and areas where the adventures can take place. I could see hundreds of people around the world filling 365 days. I think it will be hard to get a reservation for a long time.

I think most people have been imagining a resort the size of the Polynesian with a Star Wars theme instead of South Pacific theme with a number of buildings and pools, restaurants and shops. I think that is completely wrong and why everyone is having such a hard time getting their heads around it.

I don’t think it’s going to be the size of Poly.. I think the thing people are having a hard time with- is imagining that this is going to be around the clock role playing, inside, in Disney World, in Florida.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That wasn’t an answer though.lol. You said “given the size”, which implied that you knew the size. I’m guessing around 200-300 rooms.. wondered if you knew something more concrete.

I don’t think it’s going to be the size of Poly.. I think the thing people are having a hard time with- is imagining that this is going to be around the clock role playing, inside, in Disney World, in Florida.

Yay Space Prostitutes who really work for the Rebels!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not just the U/M class -- anyone who can whip out a Visa or MasterCard with a $5,000 limit and mortgage their future for a year or two...
Yep...just like any other Disney vacation.

Despite being told I’m wrong I still hold to the opinion that the primary demographic for this will be young adults without kids and/or old school fans of SW that are my age (40+) who break away from the family with a few buddies for a long weekend to try it. You don’t have to be upper middle class to have enough disposable income to afford a few thousand for a vacation. Like you said, you just need a CC

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom