News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

JohnD

You guys have it all wrong.

9/23 is my Dad's 83rd birthday. Obviously this is the reason.

Is he a Star Wars fan? I just did the math, he would have been 39 in 1977 when Star Wars came out. You don't think that about 80+ year old people but entirely possible.

CJR

I think it will be interesting to see how many people pay for LL for this attraction. It won't be available with Genie+, so you'd have to really want to skip the standby.

Dare I say it, they'd probably sell more LL by having the virtual queue, because after the boarding groups close, that'd be the only way to ride it. Therefore, I predict the virtual queue will be back soon.

CaptainAmerica

I think it will be interesting to see how many people pay for LL for this attraction. It won't be available with Genie+, so you'd have to really want to skip the standby.

Dare I say it, they'd probably sell more LL by having the virtual queue, because after the boarding groups close, that'd be the only way to ride it. Therefore, I predict the virtual queue will be back soon.
They need bodies in queues to absorb crowds.

maui2k7

Now they are ready for premium lightning lane pricing for RotR by eliminating VQ (aka free LL). I’m guessing $20-25 each for LL now for RotR.

CntrlFlPete

So what do we think this means about the release of the Genie? Is it imminent?

personally, I see this as meaning they want Genie out for 10/1 -- they need to bring Remy online as well as offer the paid option for RotR -- seems like a good time to code and test

CJR

They need bodies in queues to absorb crowds.

They still do use the physical queue though. When your boarding group is called, you still have some waiting to do, just not as much. A decent chunk of the queue has been used all this time, regardless. More than likely a physical only queue will spill out onto the pathways, at least for a bit.

Not to mention, when they're doing boarding groups, people just go wait in other queues, see a show, eat lunch, or leave entirely if they don't get a group - especially after the afternoon groups fill up. It's kind of amazing how many people walk out after they fill up for the day. Some leave completely while others work their way to another park, which pretty conveniently, park hopping starts at 2pm.

When there's a physical queue, that exodus won't happen - at least not to the same extent, making the crowd more lasting. The park will be busier at night, I believe. Which Disney would probably like. As long as there's a chance, some people will stick around for it, instead of park hopping. Something that might even happen is for more people to park hop to DHS after 2pm, which has been a bit more rare lately.

JohnD

They still do use the physical queue though. When your boarding group is called, you still have some waiting to do, just not as much. A decent chunk of the queue has been used all this time, regardless. More than likely a physical only queue will spill out onto the pathways, at least for a bit.

Not to mention, when they're doing boarding groups, people just go wait in other queues, see a show, eat lunch, or leave entirely if they don't get a group - especially after the afternoon groups fill up. It's kind of amazing how many people walk out after they fill up for the day. Some leave completely while others work their way to another park, which pretty conveniently, park hopping starts at 2pm.

When there's a physical queue, that exodus won't happen - at least not to the same extent, making the crowd more lasting. The park will be busier at night, I believe. Which Disney would probably like. As long as there's a chance, some people will stick around for it, instead of park hopping. Something that might even happen is for more people to park hop to DHS after 2pm, which has been a bit more rare lately.

The question is how far outside the interior queue will it extend? MF has an interior queue also but the exterior portion often stretches to TSL.

disneygeek90

Rope drop is gonna be uggly.

I still don't think the ride is stable enough for this, but I guess we'll see. How long will they make people wait until they dump queues? They'd already make people wait 30+ mins and that was when everyone had boarding groups that were easily recoverable. Them putting this to standby while also distributing $$ LL at the same time leaves a very sour taste.

JohnD

Rope drop is gonna be uggly.

I still don't think the ride is stable enough for this, but I guess we'll see. How long will they make people wait until they dump queues? They'd already make people wait 30+ mins and that was when everyone had boarding groups that were easily recoverable. Them putting this to standby while also distributing $$ LL at the same time leaves a very sour taste.

The silver lining is that you can now hop to HS with the potential of riding it. With the VQ, you needed a park reservation for either 7am or 1pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom