News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Hawkeye_2018

Leave your bag in the car if you can just to be safe and come back for it later. Otherwise yes. I’ve showed up to parking booths around 7:20/7:25 the past few times and am in the park by 7:45/7:50.
Won't have a car so that won't be an option. Hopefully getting an uber/lyft will be fast and smooth and will get there at least 45 min prior.

So are crowds still peaking at morning and getting quite a bit smaller by mid afternoon?

disneygeek90

Won't have a car so that won't be an option. Hopefully getting an uber/lyft will be fast and smooth and will get there at least 45 min prior.

So are crowds still peaking at morning and getting quite a bit smaller by mid afternoon?
Yeah 45 mins should be plenty of time. Uber drops you off right in front of security.

skiir97

11:30am - current groups called 22-29.

Crawling pace today with just under 6 groups per hour for the day so far.

Since this ride has opened it's felt like they've been taking 1 step forward and 5 steps back. Just a few days ago it was operating with awesome capacity....

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Already got a message that they won’t be able to accommodate our group 98 today.

10CF9A4E-B3AD-4798-B395-B9FA35432D6A.jpeg

Last edited:

disneygeek90

not necessarily. Disney could increase the number of guests in each BG while reducing the number of BGs. The increase in guests per BG would lead to longer wait times in the queue, which could then more easily transition to the stand-by model.
I haven't seen any significant change in the line once the group is called that would give credibility to that theory. Group 33 on Sunday was one of the shortest lines I've ever been through. Walking to pre-show took 10 mins.

Weather_Lady

Any way you can go bagless?

I've heard tell of people buying a slick pair of capris with a zipper pocket on the thigh big enough to hold their phone, and maybe a zipper lightweight fleece jacket (also with a secure phone-sized pocket) that they could throw on if it was chilly and tie around their waist when it wasn't, for the sole purpose of being able to go bagless at Hollywood Studios, and shave a few minutes off of their entry time so they could snag a good spot to set up for the Boarding Group fastest-fingers challenge. Well not people exactly... I've heard of one person who did this. Well, not heard of, exactly... Okay. It was totally me, and I regret nothing.

Last edited:

dizneycrazy09

Been a crazy day at work today and just looked at BG progress... wow. just wow. Group 33 at 12:30 with 45 guaranteed boarding groups? How is this getting worse? Insiders, I beg of you to please shed some light on how this can be happening. I've been on these boards for 15 years (as evidenced by my horrific username chosen when I was a child) and have never wanted to know an answer to a question more.

Last edited:

Leia'sMom

Much respect to everyone on here keeping this analysis going. I am bringing my family in a couple of weeks, and really want them to experience this. I tried it in January at marathon, and it was fantastic. At that time, there were some instructions we were doing to see how to do it. Other than the opening time of the park changing, any material modifications to the method I used in January?

Thanks!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Much respect to everyone on here keeping this analysis going. I am bringing my family in a couple of weeks, and really want them to experience this. I tried it in January at marathon, and it was fantastic. At that time, there were some instructions we were doing to see how to do it. Other than the opening time of the park changing, any material modifications to the method I used in January?

Thanks!

The two methods most people here use haven't really changed. Just the park hours as you mentioned!

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
The final initial boarding group (45) was called at 2:31 pm. Groups are averaging around 5.5 groups per hour for the day so far.

Backup groups next, but we already know it will be under 98.

Panchann2

Curious. I know the Boarding Groups are locked to 'tickets scanned into the park'. But say I get there early and scan in through a turnstyle, but then make my way out of the exit before the park opens. -- Would I be able to grab a pass while in the parking lot? On a monorail/skyliner/bus? Is there a location-ping being used here in tandem with the scanned ticket?

Curious how this whole thing would work if you had a reservation or somewhere you had to be by X-am....without having to physically be standing in the park at X-am ready to smash your phone buttons.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Curious. I know the Boarding Groups are locked to 'tickets scanned into the park'. But say I get there early and scan in through a turnstyle, but then make my way out of the exit before the park opens. -- Would I be able to grab a pass while in the parking lot? On a monorail/skyliner/bus? Is there a location-ping being used here in tandem with the scanned ticket?

Curious how this whole thing would work if you had a reservation or somewhere you had to be by X-am....without having to physically be standing in the park at X-am ready to smash your phone buttons.

Steve from Touring Plans did something similar - scanned in and then went to wait outside of Epcot and was able to get a BG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom