News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wonder if Disney would follow the same policies if nobody left the park at closing time... you know, there's a huge crowd of people who don't want to leave, so we'd better just keep the park open for "safety."

This argument is the equivalent of saying Cue and Queue are the same thing... because they sound alike.

Touchdown

Then dont plan on going right after the most anticipated attraction opens. This is common sense for anyone with a clue.

Not to continue to feed this but, I’m pretty sure Rise’s opening date Announcement occurred less then 180 days from opening. Even if you skip ride a rope drop plan will fail unless you show up before 6:30

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney is obviously getting the message from disgruntled resort guests who had their EMH benefit degraded last weekend. If ROTR is running between 9 and 11pm, conclude boarding groups in sufficient time to turn on the tapstiles for standby for resort guests. That won't work for non-resort guests who remain in the park. That is a fair decision.

Problem is.. the standby line they can chew through before park close will fill up in minutes. It won't be the magic 'walk up' people really keep clamoring for. It will just be a second line, that again, if you aren't there early enough, you will miss out on.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Currently they are not planning on operating during evening EMH, but it’s all open to change.
can't wait for those complaints... zOMG EMH and they don't even run the best attraction!

I do think EMH in the evening is quite a waste for DHS... being so show and dining heavy while being attraction light to start. I guess Toy Story land helps a bit now in that regard.

Disstevefan1

On site resort guests should get some kind of advantage In getting on RotR! They are the ones paying the huge bucks staying on site! A unique perk that makes the onsite resort guest feel special and could show the extra value in staying on site WILL create return guests staying on site.

But then again, does Disney need to do this? Folks just keep coming anyway.....

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not to continue to feed this but, I’m pretty sure Rise’s opening date Announcement occurred less then 180 days from opening. Even if you skip ride a rope drop plan will fail unless you show up before 6:30

True, but doesn't change anything. The expectation was they should be able to ride because they had admission... that concept goes out the window when things are new, highly sought after, and limited.

Heck, I still haven't been inside BoG and how many years has it been open? And I've been in the park at least 3 times in that period.

Disneyboy021969

According to a friend of mine that works in Galaxy's Edge he's been told that the boarding passes will start for everyone at the same time in the morning once they're gone they're gone and at the end of regular Park hours if your boarding group still has not been called you are permitted to stay in line and you will ride regardless if you have extra magic hours privileges or not and no additional boarding passes will be given out during extra magic hours as the ride will only operate until all boarding groups have rode or final closing time of the park.. of course Disney could change their mind tomorrow LOL

txwdwluvr

Just for next week. Back to 8 am (for now) 12/22 with EMH moved to night.

Based on how things have transpired so far, if they are officially opening at 7AM, (a) when will the gates actually open and (b) when will boarding passes will become available? I know we're just guessing, but educated guesses are what I am seeking. Thank you.

relic827

On site resort guests should get some kind of advantage In getting on RotR! They are the ones paying the huge bucks staying on site! A unique perk that makes the onsite resort guest feel special and could show the extra value in staying on site WILL create return guests staying on site.

But then again, does Disney need to do this? Folks just keep coming anyway.....
They do have an advantage. They can get to the park a lot quicker and don’t have to get up as early lol

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Second shift in operating hours today for Disney's Hollywood Studios moves openings to 7am

Time to start showing up at 4 AM for an unannounced 5:30 AM opening!!!

;)

ToTBellHop

Time to start showing up at 4 AM for an unannounced 5:30 AM opening!!!

;)
It is curious to me that they only did 7 AM for next week. Perhaps they actually intend to open at 7 next week and then move to 8 and are just trying to wean us off? They surely don’t intend to have the entire park staffed from 6 AM in perpetuity. As usual for this particular opening, I guess we’ll see. It’s not as though the ride that people actually want to go on can even run from 7 AM to 10 PM, so does it really matter which five hours of the day it is operational?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom