News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

TriSeb

Yesterday, Before we left for the airport we snagged boarding group 11 at 7 AM with a party of 12 using the strategy from this awesome thread once again (My son beat me with his young finger dexterity!). Flight delays, Car Delays, Room Delays, Rain so didn't arrive at HS until 6:30 PM. Here's the thing, we zig-zagged through the spectators which looks like a line, quickly gave a quick explanation and we were waved through. No worries. I hope that helps anyone else who needs to be in the same situation.

The queue was outside and took about 45m to an hour to get through it. The same effect working/ not working as mentioned but the best part was my 6-year-old nephew kept asking me, "Is this Real?!?" to which (of course) responded YES!! it's Disney!

TriSeb

Also, the wi-fi in BLT seemed great but this morning there was a huge lag. I couldn't sign in (why did the cookie expire?) due to the lag. My son and I had to disable the wi-fi connection and use the data/radio option. We both were able to test snag a group before they were gone as DC indicates above.

Sorry if someone has already explained this, but I haven’t seen it. Why are guests no longer required to be inside HS before joining the virtual queue in the morning? Was it just too chaotic (i.e. thousands of people standing at the entrance holding their phones)?

gerarar

Premium Member
Sorry if someone has already explained this, but I haven’t seen it. Why are guests no longer required to be inside HS before joining the virtual queue in the morning? Was it just too chaotic (i.e. thousands of people standing at the entrance holding their phones)?
The change came around the parks reopening back in July 2020. So the obvious answer back then was to prevent crowding at the parks at opening. Seems like they kept it til now because it’s just more convenient overall for everyone.

disneygeek90

The change came around the parks reopening back in July 2020. So the obvious answer back then was to prevent crowding at the parks at opening. Seems like they kept it til now because it’s just more convenient overall for everyone.
I know there's been strong hints that the reservation system is here to stay, but if it does go away it'll be interesting to see what that does to ROTR. I would guess that they would have to go back to the old "in the park" requirement. I hate the reservation system more than anyone, but being able to snag a BG while in bed has its perks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Being in the parks created too much crowding in the morning... as well as a bunch of very disappointed and angry guests in the park just a stone's throw away from a customer service CM.

All those people with a reservation throughout the day were all in the park at once and making the lines at all the other rides ridiculously long.

G00fyDad

I know there's been strong hints that the reservation system is here to stay, but if it does go away it'll be interesting to see what that does to ROTR. I would guess that they would have to go back to the old "in the park" requirement. I hate the reservation system more than anyone, but being able to snag a BG while in bed has its perks.

I am good with the Park Pass system. I already know what parks we want and on what days we want them. :)

Hawg G

It's not too much of an inconvenience for tourists I don't think. For locals or people that visit more spontaneously, it's tough working around the 3 day limit.
And anything that is better for visitors to get BGs instead of locals riding it for the umpteenth time is fantastic. Every day a local gets their 21st, 32nd, 40th, whatever, ride, that is one visiting family, likely with a small child, having their trip severely worsened because they don't get to ever ride it.

I think it would be great to go back to only those in the park.

G00fyDad

And anything that is better for visitors to get BGs instead of locals riding it for the umpteenth time is fantastic. Every day a local gets their 21st, 32nd, 40th, whatever, ride, that is one visiting family, likely with a small child, having their trip severely worsened because they don't get to ever ride it.

I think it would be great to go back to only those in the park.
What if they set it so that once you are lucky enough to get a boarding group it locks your MDE account out of the running for more boarding groups during your stay?

"You got to ride it once? Great! Go ride something else."

😁😁

G00fyDad

Thank you for your updates! 😊
Have you noticed any trends for which day of the week is busiest/least busy?
From what I remember from his posts at 7am and 1pm they are all about the same in terms of getting a BG. 7am is always around 7 to 9 seconds. 1pm is usually 12-15 seconds but is occasionally longer due to weird circumstances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom