News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Marc Davis Fan

Incredible! We got boarding group #1 for the 2nd day in a row. Sitting outside on Verizon 4G. Got the atomic clock app running with a audio countdown to the end of the minute and then smashing those buttons with muscle memory due to weeks of practice. All the research and tips paid off. Thanks all.

What atomic clock app did you use? I can't find one with an audio countdown.

Also, what screen were you waiting on?

Thanks!

disneygeek90

Thanks!
I personally don’t use an atomic clock but I would think any with a google search is suitable. I think time.gov is used often. It doesn’t seem all that different than my iPhone so I just count in my head with about 15 seconds left.

As for the screen steps…
This is what I do. I pull this screen up at about 6:59:30.

View attachment 549361
I usually open the app a couple mins before to make sure I'm logged in. I don’t press join virtual queue until I see my clock on my phone strike 7, and then I press it immediately. From there, the join group button is already available. Select it, let the friends and family load, and then tap the join group as fast as possible. While the family and friends are spinning I usually start tapping the bottom as I know where the button will be.

OG Moog

Tha
I have a Android phone and this is the app I used. my friend has a iPhone and he couldn't find a app that counts down in the the background. So I guess two days of boarding group #1 settles the Android vs iPhone argument. Android WINS. Lol. Also I just sat on the "Join Virtual Queue" screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210516-075001_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20210516-075001_Google Play Store.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 61

OG Moog

I personally don’t use an atomic clock but I would think any with a google search is suitable. I think time.gov is used often. It doesn’t seem all that different than my iPhone so I just count in my head with about 15 seconds left.

As for the screen steps…
The Atomic clock apps and even time.gov tell you how far behind you phone clock is compared to the Atomic clock. Mine is usually about a half a second behind. It even got as far behind as 2.5 seconds. In my experience with my weeks of practice runs the audio countdown greatly reduced my reaction time. Every millisecond counts when this routinely sells out in 8 seconds

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Dang. I tried Practicing. I hit the buttons right at 7 and failed. I think loading my friends list takes too long. There’s 5 of us. But everyone that’s going is on there and there’s no extra people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom