News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Dr.GrantSeeker

Yikes I’m group 89 I really hope we make it. Is the transport turntable working today? I’m with a bunch of huge Star Wars fans and they haven’t been on Rise yet. Want their first experience to be amazing.

Last edited:

Touchdown

Everything but the 2 cannons was working, for the first time since my first time, I did not face the AT-AT straight on. I definitely prefer straight on, feels like your more in danger.

You also get a longer look at my favorite effect (blaster bolts) which are barely visible from the side car.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Everything but the 2 cannons was working, for the first time since my first time, I did not face the AT-AT straight on. I definitely prefer straight on, feels like your more in danger.

You also get a longer look at my favorite effect (blaster bolts) which are barely visible from the side car.
Was Kylo in A mode?

DCBaker

Premium Member
This isn't the greatest video, but it shows cannons 2&3 moving today in Disneyland -

Editing to add this current live stream below that also shows them moving (it's about 2/3rds of the way in now) - (clearer video at least)

Last edited:

Rich Brownn

Well there goes my theory about it being a software issue causing Estops. Guess our version really is "broken" 😐
Watching this video WDW's cars are seconds closer than DL's -- I thought it had changed slightly from when I first rode it and this video convinces me they've worked on our timing

disneygeek90

I like the side view better because you get to go further into that room. It’s cool that both routes have their merit.

So, the park opens at 9, but BG starts 30 minutes before that... I'm guessing the park is opening earlier than the posted time?
Yes. as of a week ago you could "rope drop" earlier than the posted time. At MK, it felt like ~8:20-8:25 was quite a late entry to be let in at temperature check. Memory is fading already, but at most parks it seemed like something between an hour (think that is too early) and 45 min before official opening time they were starting the entry process of opening temp check and then gate entry shortly after that. Definitely was in the parks 30 min before. The buses would arrive and the 1st bus would hold people until a certain time - then all the buses released people at the same time. When we did rope drop by driving, those on buses were in before us. Walking from the contemporary, in that case it felt like those who took the monorail or were 1st off the buses got there 1st, as the temp check hold for the contemporary is further back. Anyways, that morning it started a raining buckets on the walk in (only rain on of our entire trip!) and we got to ride a ton of stuff without any wait. I should have posted this on my other post about rope drop, but rope drop in the rain is a different ballgame than normal. Coasters not open, small world and teacups not open, so you have to figure out what rides are open before the official park opening when the headliners are down for rain.

My 2 cents on boarding groups. At 7 AM, we had technical difficulties or I should say Disney had them - as both DHS days I got error messages at the 7 am attempt. While at 1pm, we got boarding group both times no problem and managed to get a ride on 1 of those.
Imagine that everyone is trying to practice at 7AM and their system cannot handle it. I know I was one of those people practicing at 7 am on my non DHS days in the week between my 1st DHS day and 2nd DHS day. At 1pm, only those at DHS are trying and their computers can handle that volume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom