News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

UNCgolf

We're skipping Rey room and transport!

That's awful. I haven't been on the ride but I have watched a full ride video, and the preshow/transport is the first half of the ride IMO. Skipping it is like having you board Pirates in the middle of the sacking, or Spaceship Earth around Gutenberg.

If that happened to me I'd definitely complain at Guest Services afterwards and expect a FastPass to actually ride the full ride.

KevinPage

4AB5D5AB-236B-4985-92D6-9050BA95AD23.gif

KevinPage

That's awful. I haven't been on the ride but I have watched a full ride video, and the preshow/transport is the first half of the ride IMO. Skipping it is like having you board Pirates in the middle of the sacking, or Spaceship Earth around Gutenberg.

If that happened to me I'd definitely complain at Guest Services afterwards and expect a FastPass to actually ride the full ride.

Skipping that much of the ride is the equivalent of:

- starting Splash Mountain in the Laughlin’ Place
- entering Haunted Mansion at the Leota scene
- attending the Magic Kingdom Fireworks dessert party arriving right before the finale and getting 1 measly 🧁 with the frosting half off

KevinPage

For those in the know:

Is there a relatively spoiler-free way to tell a newbie how to tell if part of the ride has been skipped? Or will it be obvious, in terms of a big piece of the story missing?

Hmm, I guess that varies upon the person and what they consider a true “spoiler”.

I consider the ride having 2 pre shows (to start), then a room followed by a line, then another preshow before you board a ride vehicle. So that’s 3 traditional preshows plus a walkthrough sandwiched in between (so technically 4 preshows) before the ride vehicle.

Hard to say more without divulging anything 😀

DCBaker

Premium Member
I really hoped that since it had been a few weeks we’ve heard of this happening that operations realized they can’t operate like that. Really a shame. I feel bad for everyone that had that as their first experience.

Seems like they are rushing through to the end of the night again - pushed through 25 groups in 75 minutes.

tecowdw

How do they skip the transport? Do they just walk from the queue into the starship - via an unusual/backstage route presumably if not going into Rey's room or the transport??
Ugh!! That sounds like an empty the queue and start over kind of moment to me if you have to skip both of those!
--or is that just my spoiled view from experiencing the attraction only in it's entirety?

JohnD

Will the recent updates in FP+ for MF:SR and MMRR along with the readjustment of tiers help alleviate the burden on getting boarding groups right at park open? I’ll answer my own question. I’m guessing not. As long as everyone is doing the same thing at park open regardless of plans in the park, nothing changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom