News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

UNCgolf

So wait, all the main groups were gone at 7 AM? How long did the backup groups last? Based on the numbers reported here it sounds like they may have all been gone a few minutes after 7.

That could be a big issue going forward if more people are showing up at opening. There are going to be some very angry people if they get up, get to the park before opening, and can't even get a backup group.

Running the ride with only a couple of people on it seems like an issue too -- I don't know that there's any way to avoid that first thing in the morning with the BG system (and sounds like an awesome experience for @disneygeek90) but not the best thing for operations/efficiency.

gerarar

Premium Member
So wait, all the main groups were gone at 7 AM? How long did the backup groups last? Based on the numbers reported here it sounds like they may have all been gone a few minutes after 7.

That could be a big issue going forward if more people are showing up at opening. There are going to be some very angry people if they get up, get to the park before opening, and can't even get a backup group.

Running the ride with only a couple of people on it seems like an issue too -- I don't know that there's any way to avoid that first thing in the morning with the BG system (and sounds like an awesome experience for @disneygeek90) but not the best thing for operations/efficiency.
According to this, backups lasted until around 8am
EB5D4E64-66B3-44EA-A2EE-A8557150313B.jpeg

Someone reported here they got inside around 10mins after park opening and got a backup BG.

Also why wait for more people to show up to fill the vacancies? There’s multiple rooms and load areas, so might as well get the ball moving early with the early arrivals.

It reminds me when I went to AK and Dinosaur was down. I waited nearby and as soon it reopened I went right in. The cast member didn’t wait to fill up the preshow room, so it was just me and 2 other people. We had the jeeps to ourselves, it was amazing. The app still said the ride was down, so no one really knew that Dinosaur was back up. So I elected to fall in line again and it was just as empty as before. I think I got like 4 slight solo rides before the influx of people started coming, so thus I headed to Everest.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I was literally in the line the second the first group opened. I don’t even think all the cast members knew as some were still getting their iPads ready. I was group 8 and before I even got to the preshow I looked and they had called 8-9. If 3 of us showed up at 7:12, why not get us going and starting rather than hold us back and wait for more people? They do have two pre show rooms so it’s not like it effected the next group. There’s a ton of people trying to get to SR in the morning so they have to allow time for people to actually... get back there. Especially since we’re being held in front of the theater till a few minutes after 7. That’s not ROTR’s fault.

Backups were available at least 15 minutes today, definitely not right at 7. It could have been up to an hour, I didn’t quite take note of how long. It seemed like a pretty typical weekend to me, actually a little less busy than yesterday.

carolina_yankee

I opened the app from complete close at 6:59:59. Join boarding group was red. After trying the More Info > My Status technique yesterday I’m only opening from close from now on. That way seems really unreliable and you waste too much time refreshing, clicking my status etc.

I was at the parking booths about 6:25 and tapped in at 6:40.

Thanks!

seascape

I may not get to ride today, and while I am extremely disappointed, I understand that because of the demand it is not possible for everyone to ride RotR everyday. I missed the 6:03 AM bu us by 7 minutes. There was supposed to be a 6:20 bus. I should have known better and juet take a Lyft at that time but I waited and it wasn't until 6:30, when the expected time switched to 6:45 AM that I ordered a Lyft. I would have made it in time if the parking lot. wasn't messed up. So, long story short. I got into the park at around 7:03 and got group 123. Not bad but because of the problems but because of the problems today. it does not look like we will get to ride. Do I blame Disney? No. I know problems happen. I accept that and I feel worse for the Cast Members who have to deal with the complaints. Everyone knows that with new rides it takes months before any theme park ride get to operate at maximum efficiency. I took the chance, probably lost but we are enjoying the Festival of Arts and got to explore the Riviera, beautiful resorts and we are looking forward to staying there.

wishiwere@wdw

I may not get to ride today, and while I am extremely disappointed, I understand that because of the demand it is not possible for everyone to ride RotR everyday. I missed the 6:03 AM bu us by 7 minutes. There was supposed to be a 6:20 bus. I should have known better and juet take a Lyft at that time but I waited and it wasn't until 6:30, when the expected time switched to 6:45 AM that I ordered a Lyft. I would have made it in time if the parking lot. wasn't messed up. So, long story short. I got into the park at around 7:03 and got group 123. Not bad but because of the problems but because of the problems today. it does not look like we will get to ride. Do I blame Disney? No. I know problems happen. I accept that and I feel worse for the Cast Members who have to deal with the complaints. Everyone knows that with new rides it takes months before any theme park ride get to operate at maximum efficiency. I took the chance, probably lost but we are enjoying the Festival of Arts and got to explore the Riviera, beautiful resorts and we are looking forward to staying there.
Well, if it somehow makes it that far we’ll likely be very close to riding at the same time as were 121. While unlikely, it’s certainly still possible. I hear ya though. Not much we can do! Still can’t get over how busy overall the resort is. Epcot was madness yesterday and studios isn’t much better today.

pdude81

They shouldn't be giving a 2 hour return window in the first 2 hours of park opening anyway. I get that it's within the rules currently, but they shouldn't encourage everybody to go to DHS each morning to eat up BG and then vanish to another park.

steveNJ

They shouldn't be giving a 2 hour return window in the first 2 hours of park opening anyway. I get that it's within the rules currently, but they shouldn't encourage everybody to go to DHS each morning to eat up BG and then vanish to another park.
I think that’s the goal of switching to a one hour in the early AM

seascape

85 now but I am giving up any hope for today. Tomorrow was my AK day. I wonder if I should give that up and try tomorrow? I don't have a fast pass for FoP so I wont be giving up too much. I will have to see what time we wake up because I know Monday shouldn't be as crowded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom