News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

I think Disney should have an essay contest where guests will have 1500 words to explain why they should get priority to be on the ride. Each day the top 10,000-15,000 entries would be ranked and given passes based on criteria to include: distance travelled, age of children, personal desire to sleep in, disability status, on-site hotel costs, length of stay, aggregate time spent complaining to guest services, how infrequently they are able to make it to WDW, total amount spent vs percentage of annual income, and passion level for three most recent Star Wars films and extended universe over the original trilogy (points deducted for referring to The Child as “Baby Yoda”).

This is the only really fair way to distribute access.

I can win this contest in way less than 1500 words:

- I need to maintain a healthy margin over the evil @disneygeek90

- I need to continue to troll my out of state friends on my chalkboard painted pantry door, where I keep a ranking system

Chet Dakota

Yeah, but Disney is supposed to be a vacation. Not about dragging your kids out of bed at 5:30-6 AM so you can try to get on a ride. I don't have kids, so not an issue for me, but I have a friend who was there a couple of weeks ago with his wife and their 7 year old and 4 year old -- they wanted to ride RotR, but his 4 year old was dead asleep on their Hollywood Studios day and he and his wife said there was no way they were going to wake him up at 5:30 when he was sleeping soundly because it would screw up the whole rest of the day. That he'd likely have an exhaustion meltdown around noon or so and they'd have to go back to the hotel for a couple of hours, so even if they did get a BG there's no guarantee they'd have been able to use it. And I've read other similar stories -- those are the kind of considerations families have that individuals/childless people don't.

I think if the park (or just the boarding groups) opened at 9 AM or 10 AM instead of 7 AM that would solve a lot of the problems for families. That's obviously not going to happen, though.

I also completely agree with your last post, and I still think it would make things easier for park operations to do it that way.
I have done it eight times now, arriving at the park at times ranging from 430a back in December to 630a yesterday. There are plenty of families with kids of various ages (strollers included) that are rope dropping to get BGs.

DisneyJoe

An option I’d wish they’d add is nighttime limited ticket events so I can just pay an extra price to ride and not get up early.
That would work if and only if the ride is currently operational during those hours - imagine paying $80 or $100+ or so per person for a multi-hour event only to have Rise not available to you.

Kamikaze

240 minute queue times aren’t ideal for these groups, either. At least one option only requires waking up early. Another requires the physicality of standing, sitting, and being in an enclosed line for hours.

Something to not ignore is that there isn't enough physical queue for 240 minutes either. It would be taking up most of Grand Ave with that long of a wait.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think Disney should have an essay contest where guests will have 1500 words to explain why they should get priority to be on the ride. Each day the top 10,000-15,000 entries would be ranked and given passes based on criteria to include: distance travelled, age of children, personal desire to sleep in, disability status, on-site hotel costs, length of stay, aggregate time spent complaining to guest services, how infrequently they are able to make it to WDW, total amount spent vs percentage of annual income, and passion level for three most recent Star Wars films and extended universe over the original trilogy (points deducted for referring to The Child as “Baby Yoda”).

This is the only really fair way to distribute access.
Anyone who would comply with this requirement should be automatically denied park entry and instead referred to a psychiatrist for evaluation... possibly Baker Acted.

Trackmaster

Here's a proposed solution:

Keep everything the way it is for the time being. But give all AP holder one "any time pass" that can be used for the duration of their pass. That way, people who can't make rope drop due to work can at least get on the ride once. That way, they can be tell their Facebook feed how much they liked it and hype the ride up more.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
When I was a kid going someplace, I'd always be up and excited before my parents :D
Children have no problem getting up at 5:30 AM when it's Christmas morning.

Jus' sayin'.

My 4yo daughter doesn't like getting up for school at 6 am, but never has an issue getting up at 4:15 am the morning we need to fly to Disney, LOL.

disneygeek90

Just got word that my Friend’s mom and her daughter picked up group 80. She seemed a bit discouraged saying “they wouldn’t get on” and I let her know that wasn’t a bad number at all. Hoping the groups move well for them today and realllll glad I redirected their original arrival plan of “7-7:30” as one of them is out of state and won’t have another opportunity for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom