News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Movielover

You’re right. Apologies on that as I wrote this review very late when I should’ve been asleep.

No need to apologize, I know what lack of sleep can do. I will admit though it...
would have been cool if Rey had showed up to fight Kylo but at that point with everything else going on with the ride I think it might have been too much for too short of a time. If only they would put the stunt show fights back in the marketplace to get our lightsaber battle fix!

Can we not discuss the ride in this thread? I've been trying to follow along the boarding group process without spoilers on the ride itself. There is a separate thread for discussing the ride.

My mistake, my original post now is a spoiler.

MiddKid

Was thinking...with the new process with multiple windows...in theory you don't need to be in the park to snag a spot for the later window, correct? We previously proved that it wasn't using GPS, it was simply looking for a checked-in ticket to the Studios. With the current system you could, theoretically, enter the Studios in the morning but then be trying to get a 4pm slot from outside the park as your ticket is still scanned at the Studios in the morning. An interesting nuance to the new system.

Apologies if this was brought up on the prior pages. I'm mourning the death of the Demarke Method (WAKPT) and may have missed it.

disneygeek90

Was thinking...with the new process with multiple windows...in theory you don't need to be in the park to snag a spot for the later window, correct? We previously proved that it wasn't using GPS, it was simply looking for a checked-in ticket to the Studios. With the current system you could, theoretically, enter the Studios in the morning but then be trying to get a 4pm slot from outside the park as your ticket is still scanned at the Studios in the morning. An interesting nuance to the new system.

Apologies if this was brought up on the prior pages. I'm mourning the death of the Demarke Method (WAKPT) and may have missed it.
I suppose, but other than going to a hotel pool, room or home, where would you be going? Also seems like a lot of waste of time with limited hours and access to a park.

MiddKid

I suppose, but other than going to a hotel pool, room or home, where would you be going? Also seems like a lot of waste of time with limited hours and access to a park.
With limited attractions in the park and no lines it's not crazy that I miss the morning distribution, by 2pm the family is hot/tired, we go back to our hotel for the pool and try to snag a boarding pass during the 4pm window.

gerarar

Premium Member
After watching POVs and videos of the ride for the past couple days since it reopened, these are the effects I noticed that are MIA and/or not working currently:
  • Probe Droid lasers not working/turned on. You’ll see the lasers on the wall since it’s facing the wall, but it moves as the probe droids turns around towards you.
  • Cannon room in B-mode; only first cannon is moving, last two are static. Because of this, the transport vehicles have a different sequence where they move forward, then backwards, then forward again. The screens may are also be showing different videos (this depends if the two static cannons are still firing or not — the screens won’t flash green anymore), as well the music is quite different.
Some good news tho — the blaster effects in the AT-AT room are still working, as well the hanging swinging pipe in the final Kylo encounter. These two were the most problematic effects pre-Covid, so glad that they’re still working!!
Seems like Cannon room is back in A-mode after it being down in B-mode for majority of last week!
From a livestream (3:19:01):

Pride_Rock

Let’s go!!! BG #1 how I missed Galaxy’s Edge!!
8CED1889-ACB2-404C-B18A-F65DC8E60FD2.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom