News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

Looks like you got to ride! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
2CF21A03-CA9E-4859-9F52-905EECA10449.jpeg

020A181B-79AB-4D6A-9BA8-0EFD067412BE.jpeg

WildRide

Hi All,

My mother and cousin who has never been to WDW are visiting Hollywood Studios tomorrow. They will be driving from the gulf coast that morning...

Couple questions, I'm hoping someone can help answer....

1. What time does the first window open for Rise of the Resistance? Is it 7AM and if so, do you have to be on Disney property to request a boarding group? They are hoping to try and grab one in 7 seconds from the road while driving...

2. Any recommendations on where to head first? Is it still a good idea to bolt for Slinky? If you arrive a few minutes after open and therefore aren't rope dropping, does it make sense to head towards things like RockNRoller coaster first? Or do you try for Smugglers Run / Chinese theater?

Appreciate any insight into how things are in today's current environment... thanks!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Hi All,

My mother and cousin who has never been to WDW are visiting Hollywood Studios tomorrow. They will be driving from the gulf coast that morning...

Couple questions, I'm hoping someone can help answer....

1. What time does the first window open for Rise of the Resistance? Is it 7AM and if so, do you have to be on Disney property to request a boarding group? They are hoping to try and grab one in 7 seconds from the road while driving...

The first window opens at 7am and you can be anywhere to request a boarding group, as long as you have valid park admission and a park reservation.

iowamomof4

I've been trying to avoid spoilers (ha), but could someone tell me how long we should expect to wait when we enter the queue? I assume it won't be like a Fastpass. I'm sure the wait time varies, but a range would be nice to know.

disneygeek90

I've been trying to avoid spoilers (ha), but could someone tell me how long we should expect to wait when we enter the queue? I assume it won't be like a Fastpass. I'm sure the wait time varies, but a range would be nice to know.
Lately it's been pretty quick assuming no backup from downtime. 20 mins or so to the first pre show. ~40 mins for the entire experience.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So ... about 100 guests per boarding group?

I believe that also confirms that Disneyland must have fewer guests per boarding group. If Disneyland had 100 guests per BG, than a few days ago when they hit BG 330 in a 12 hours day, that would equate to 2750 guests per hour (substantially above the theoretical capacity of 2100 guests per hour. Would seem at most Disneyland would have 75 guests per BG (capacity of 2062 guests per hour on their record day).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom