News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mikey73181

Got to the park this morning about 15 minutes before opening. Got in lone for MMRR with the intention of either leaving that line if we got an early boarding group, or staying if we got a later one or nine at all. Ended up getting group 21. At one point both MMRR and ROTR went down so we ended up getting on MMRR after about 90 minutes, then made our way to Galaxy’s Edge and did Millenium Falcon, got off that and it still said about 25 minutes for our boarding group, then a minute later got the text our group was called. All in all, really enjoying the light crowds circled the park twice after finishing those first three rides.

crawale

disneygeek90

How will this improve distribution? If there are a fixed number of slots then when they are gone there are no more whenever you set the distribution time.
I'm not sure if it'll improve anything. Theoretically it could give people a few more seconds at each window, assuming they are still giving out the same number of passes.

TriSeb

I’m currently sitting at the party select screen

I can see this being a viable method to shave off valuable milli/seconds. As previously posted, it should work. I was hoping to use this approach to set up for the 4 PM drop next Tuesday. I was going to get to that screen at the 1 PM drop and then drive straight from the airport to HS, but alas, no more 4 PM drop. Bummer.

Maybe if we have to go late on a subsequent HS day, I can set up for the 1 PM drop from the resort; otherwise, I am out of luck but no big deal, the standard way will work.

milordsloth

I rode Rise on July 15th and 17th and was lucky to get boarding group 1 both times. Simply watched my phone at 9:59 both times and exactly at 10 refreshed the app and hit the join button immediately. The second day we barely got in the park in time, probably only 3 minutes early. When I rode, the ride was working fully including preshows.

DisneyCane

I rode Rise on July 15th and 17th and was lucky to get boarding group 1 both times. Simply watched my phone at 9:59 both times and exactly at 10 refreshed the app and hit the join button immediately. The second day we barely got in the park in time, probably only 3 minutes early. When I rode, the ride was working fully including preshows.
What do you mean exactly by "refreshed the app?" I've never tried to get a BG but am going to next week. All I can see from home is the screen for the join button but there is no refresh option that I can see.

TriSeb

I don't recall where this link was posted that displays wait times for the parks asking about its accuracy of the RotR BGs. The current groups listed do match the range displayed with @Joel 's code dump and easier to read for those not used to visually parsing code:

Appears the ride has been sputtering today.

milordsloth

What do you mean exactly by "refreshed the app?" I've never tried to get a BG but am going to next week. All I can see from home is the screen for the join button but there is no refresh option that I can see.

On the screen to "Join Virtual Queue", I swiped downwards to refresh the page. Before 10am it lists the ride with an exclamation point saying what times the boarding groups will open, or later in the day will say the boarding group distribution is complete. When I swiped down at 10am to refresh, that instantly changed to join a group.

Edit to add, tap the Join button on the home page to get to the list where you should wait and refresh at the right time.

cat0869

Looking for some advice for our August trip. Can each party in your group try to snag a boarding group using the same login information for the My Disney App? Or, does each party in the group need a separate My Disney Experience App login? For example, I have a My Disney Experience App login with all of our tickets and reservations linked to my account. Rather than create separate accounts for my husband and son, can they download the app to their phones and login with my credentials and try to get us a boarding group as long as they click "include all" for the party? That way we have three chances instead of just one. Thoughts?

KevinPage

I can see this being a viable method to shave off valuable milli/seconds. As previously posted, it should work. I was hoping to use this approach to set up for the 4 PM drop next Tuesday. I was going to get to that screen at the 1 PM drop and then drive straight from the airport to HS, but alas, no more 4 PM drop. Bummer.

Maybe if we have to go late on a subsequent HS day, I can set up for the 1 PM drop from the resort; otherwise, I am out of luck but no big deal, the standard way will work.

I flaked out as had a work call and forgot

I did try at 1:10pm and gave me red warning on bottom that it was full.

I find this weird that’s there is a cheat built in (but only accessible if you try/fail for an earlier time slot)

I was prepped and ready for 4pm but app since crashed so outta luck for trying.

Will be at park tomorrow. Wish me luck 🤩

rct247

Looking for some advice for our August trip. Can each party in your group try to snag a boarding group using the same login information for the My Disney App? Or, does each party in the group need a separate My Disney Experience App login? For example, I have a My Disney Experience App login with all of our tickets and reservations linked to my account. Rather than create separate accounts for my husband and son, can they download the app to their phones and login with my credentials and try to get us a boarding group as long as they click "include all" for the party? That way we have three chances instead of just one. Thoughts?

Have a designated person do it. Don't all try to do it at once or you will likely get an error message and lose out.

Joel

Well that was weird. I tried at 4 and never saw the Join button. My script didn't see the queue open either. Did it open a little early?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom