News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

I’m curious, does your app auto-update? Turns out they released a new (iOS) version last Monday( so a day after I rode last), corresponds to the delays I’ve been seeing

Even with the delays I’m #teamfreshstart. i don’t have the rides that some have but it worked twice at least 👍
They update on their own, currently running version 5.8.0 still at 4-6 seconds.

disneygeek90

So if you don’t close apps, etc. you’re not really fresh. Dare I say partly dirty 🤪
Oh, yeah. I turn my phone off at least 10 mins before, close all apps, wifi and blue tooth off, move clock app next to wdw app to count the seconds.

Group 90 at 5:30pm, nothing to write home about.

KevinPage

@disneygeek90 , let’s have some fun with the ride ops tomorrow. Go grab a backup boarding group and watch the system......

3A6DBD59-3D5D-43CA-B251-80735E55DFBD.gif

MickeyCB

Oh, yeah. I turn my phone off at least 10 mins before, close all apps, wifi and blue tooth off, move clock app next to wdw app to count the seconds.

Group 90 at 5:30pm, nothing to write home about.
May I ask, when you turn your phone off, do you completely (as in see the apple icon, turn off), reboot?
And what clock app do you use?
Kind of doing a baby jedi training thing here, I have been following your success for 406 pages! 🤣

disneygeek90

May I ask, when you turn your phone off, do you completely (as in see the apple icon, turn off), reboot?
And what clock app do you use?
Kind of doing a baby jedi training thing here, I have been following your success for 406 pages! 🤣
Yep, all the way off. Phone restart. No idea if it does anything but at this point it’s just part of my process/superstition.

Just the clock app on iPhone! If you look closely it actually shows the seconds.
A4B8DC41-81D0-40E9-B338-CF13C38B79DF.jpeg

MickeyCB

Yep, all the way off. Phone restart. No idea if it does anything but at this point it’s just part of my process/superstition.

Just the clock app on iPhone! If you look closely it actually shows the seconds.
View attachment 448409
First thank you, and second, how many IPhones have I had and NEVER paid attention to the little second hand on that clock!
Just looked and by George, there it is!
I've been practicing for the BG lottery, and the fastest I have gotten to the screen after you pick you party is about 15 seconds! I am assuming with what I'm reading here still not fast enough.:( More practice needed.

disneygeek90

First thank you, and second, how many IPhones have I had and NEVER paid attention to the little second hand on that clock!
Just looked and by George, there it is!
I've been practicing for the BG lottery, and the fastest I have gotten to the screen after you pick you party is about 15 seconds! I am assuming with what I'm reading here still not fast enough.:( More practice needed.
15 seconds after selecting your party? That’s definitely fast enough. When is your trip?

Anybody know why groups AND backup groups have both been gone within first 15 minutes of opening most of this week? Is there something special going on this week?

Attachments

• DB77ACA3-56D9-4E84-B172-685C64256201.png
    DB77ACA3-56D9-4E84-B172-685C64256201.png
    204.4 KB · Views: 106
I don’t often post but I was hoping someone could shed some light on the problem I’ve been having with my Disney app lately. I’ve read all 406 pages of this thread so far eagerly noting any and all tips posted-lol. (And celebrating will all who are successful in riding!! 😊) My app was working relatively well until the last app upgrade occurred. Since then I can’t open and close the app without it crashing. I have to delete it from my phone, reinstall and sign in. It takes a very long time for it to load afterwards. However, I’m then not able to close the app and reopen at a later time. I have to keep it open and running in the background at all times unless I want to delete and reload all over again. Needless to say, I’m a little concerned that this entire process will totally destroy my ability to obtain a BG for our upcoming trip in April. Any thoughts?? I was really hoping to follow the strategies/tips posted within this thread of a fresh app reboot to increase my chances but that definitely will NOT happen with my app in its current condition. (Also, to note, before I actually sign into my account after reinstalling I can open and close it countless times. It’s not until I actually sign into it that I can no longer open and close at will. ) Any thoughts or ideas are very much appreciated!! Thanks so much in advance!!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Anybody know why groups AND backup groups have both been gone within first 15 minutes of opening most of this week? Is there something special going on this week?

This weekend was also the National High School Cheer Championship, which was very evident at DHS on Monday.

Also this -

I’d guess because the open time was pushed to 8.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom