• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

In the Parks
Yes
OOf, I wasn't expecting so much pushback. As someone who's been visiting for the past two weeks, it's just been very very strange. The scenarios are obviously very different with Thanksgiving, but today has seriously been one of the easiest days to do Studios, besides yesterday where it was dead virtually all day. If you put me on Sunset Boulevard right now, I'd have no idea a new attraction just opened.

I think this makes the most sense. Virtual Queue has created a really nice luxury, and it seems like it'd be a great idea to leave. We haven't yet, though, and I'm not sure how many vacationers would want to if they're not passholders or anything.

I think the VQ might have been a mess if it was employed last week though, for example. If it only took us about 30 minutes to get on after we used our VQ, then it's really not eating up that many people, isn't it?
Oh, no. What I meant by this is that 100 out of the roughly 120-140 groups initially created have now ridden. I would expect that a large portion of them would be ready to go home/to the hotel and get some much needed sleep.

MansionButler84

In the Parks
No
I want to say this is the fourth downtime today? Much better than feared. First three downtimes were under an hour.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them keep boarding groups until breakdowns are less common. Having a huge line and forcing everyone to leave or sit there for an hour does not help in the press. Excellent service from the company today. Which boarding groups aren’t being accommodated? They’re up to 108 but trying to reopen, so I imagine they aren’t yet saying everyone 109 and up won’t be accommodated? 130+ is probably out of the question.

Lots of fast passes to deal with tomorrow but not everyone will return.

disneygeek90

In the Parks
Yes
The problem with the virtual queue system is that if you are someone with a one day ticket you are screwed. You have to take this huge risk on showing up and using your ticket with the HOPE that a boarding group will be available. Atleast if you allow people to show up and stand in line for 5 hours or whatever the option is there.

either way it’s a new ride and going to be very popular so the next few days will be interesting to see how they do it.
My recommendation would be don’t throw a one day ticket at the opening day of an incredibly hyped attraction, lol.

DarkMetroid567

Oh, no. What I meant by this is that 100 out of the roughly 120-140 groups initially created have now ridden. I would expect that a large portion of them would be ready to go home/to the hotel and get some much needed sleep.
Oh snap, my mistake! But yeah, makes sense. Wait times have fallen even farther since I posted that, but that's to be expected with the long operating hours.

Disneyboy021969

Question, if it's an early entry day at the park like say next Sunday when I'm going with my family and they do boarding pass the hotel guests get in at 8 to 9 and you can't book one until you get in the park what happens if they're all gone before they let in the General Public

Rteetz

Not which groups this extends too but I know group 146 and back have been given guest recovery. Not sure if there are earlier groups.

MansionButler84

In the Parks
No
Not which groups this extends too but I know group 146 and back have been given guest recovery. Not sure if there are earlier groups.
They’re up to 121. I doubt they get much past 130. So about 25 groups perhaps. It’s pennies to Disney to comp 2500 day passes that many won’t even use since you can’t upgrade them. But the good will that comes from it is priceless. Very classy.

Top Bottom