Star Wars Opening Date?

davis_unoxx

We're nowhere near close...

They announced a June 30 opening for toy story in February...perhaps they'll do soft opening...so that's maybe 4 months lead?
Yah I figured, I'm a Junior in High School and stay very close in the loop with what is going on with Disney. I was hoping that Star Wars would be open after I graduate in 2019 sometime in the summer... I know Disneyland's will be open probably by then, but just praying that the World one will be open by end of August!
Thanks!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's going to be interesting to see how the Disneyland opening factors into the announcement. Will they announce both dates at the same time, or will the not announce DHS until DL is open?

I think they'll make big hoopla in California...bobs a cali guy...

And I have no clue what in Florida. My gut would say they wouldn't even bother till 2020 for Florida...to double pimp it...but that isn't what we're going on at the present.

davis_unoxx

Just talked to Disney agent on phone, asked about availability as far out as possible. July 23rd-30th 2019. She looked up on computer during call, when they want to finish Galaxy's Edge for Disney World is summer of 2019. Take this with a grain of salt, but she did look up to make sure this was true during call. Also in other news, a stay from July 23rd-30th 2019 at Caribbean Beach for a prefferred room is $348 a night.

TP2000

I think Star Wars Land in Disneyland will be ready operationally by April/May 2019 but they won't open it until June, 2019 when the new 6,500 space parking garage is ready to open. If Disneyland can get the new parking garage open by April, then a May, 2019 open for Disneyland is possible.

This is the current state of the site of the new six level, 6,500 space parking structure being built for Disneyland. They have just barely begun land clearing and have put the trams on a temporary new route around the construction site. They have only 14 more months to get this done!
20180316_125231_wm.jpg

I don't know of any operational requirements like that for the DHS version, but my gut tells me a Thanksgiving or early December, 2019 opening for DHS Star Wars Land.

davis_unoxx

I think Star Wars Land in Disneyland will be ready operationally by April/May 2019 but they won't open it until June, 2019 when the new 6,500 space parking garage is ready to open. If Disneyland can get the new parking garage open by April, then a May, 2019 open for Disneyland is possible.

This is the current state of the site of the new six level, 6,500 space parking structure being built for Disneyland. They have just barely begun land clearing and have put the trams on a temporary new route around the construction site. They have only 14 more months to get this done!
20180316_125231_wm.jpg

I don't know of any operational requirements like that for the DHS version, but my gut tells me a Thanksgiving or early December, 2019 opening for DHS Star Wars Land.
They need to get moving on that parking garage you are right! So you think Disneyland is still over six months ahead? Lol it sure does look like that.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Probably 99...rockNroller coaster was done and taking walk ups...no long construction timeline or 1 year PR runup...just built it and ran it.

Also know as "standard operating procedure 1955-2000"

You're probably right, I forgot that RnRC opened in '99. "Thank ya... thank ya vera much..." :)

Rohde did make one helluva queue for Everest, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom