star wars launch bay morse code

8bit gamer

Original Poster
back in early 2019 when i went to disney i saw a sign with clear morse code on it meaning to translate it later i snapped a picture.
life hit the fan when i got home and forgot/never got around to it.
today i was going through them and saw it so quickly translated it
the left hand side seems clearly to be micky(odd they dropped the e)
the right hand side makes very little sense as first of all it has 5 different length lines and no matter how i break it up dose not seem to translate into anything

even on the left the c is weird as its long dashes are longer then the other long dashes on the left which makes me question it.

feel it would be odd for it to be just random lines that look like morse code that just by chance turn into micky but after 30 mins on google trying every combination of morse code disney and star wars the only results i found were of other cases of disney hiding Morse code no one talking about this.

here just to ask what it says if anything
20190129_114013.jpg

DisAl

It looks to me that this is what is on the left side. If it is they left the "e" out of Mickey, or as noted below some of the pixels may not have been captured.
M I

-.-.
C

-.-
K

-.--
Y

I can't make any sense out of the right side either. The way LED signs scan (the LEDs are not on full time, but the scan rate is so fast you don't notice it, just like on a tv picture) that you may not have captured that part of the display correctly.

8bit gamer

Original Poster
It looks to me that this is what is on the left side. If it is they left the "e" out of Mickey, or as noted below some of the pixels may not have been captured.
M I

-.-.
C

-.-
K

-.--
Y

I can't make any sense out of the right side either. The way LED signs scan (the LEDs are not on full time, but the scan rate is so fast you don't notice it, just like on a tv picture) that you may not have captured that part of the display correctly.
this was not an light of any kind not led. it was a painted sign so nothing is missing

8bit gamer

Original Poster
Sorry, that's clearly not Morse Code. It's just a busted wait time sign.
hope your joking as this was just the entrance to the area there would be nothing to list a wait time for. further its painted on so definitely not a busted sign. lastly disney world dose not even really use the kind of wait time signs that would bust in this way.
so ill just assume that was supposed to be funny.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
hope your joking as this was just the entrance to the area there would be nothing to list a wait time for.
When Launch Bay opened, it was clear that they meant for that sign to be a wait time display...

1614467788892.png

But when the number of things happening inside (multiple M&Gs) was too much for two clocks, they moved the display times to the side and just filled the center with seeming randomness. It's the same from picture to picture, so, it's not an artifact of LED refresh. The Star Wars aesthetic is dot and lines on ships.

We can see that the sign has dots, and three differently sized dashes. That's not how Morse code works.

M I

-.-.
C

-.-
K

-.--
Y

But if we allow for them trying to 'hide' the Morse code with different sized dashes, then the misspelled MICKY works on the left side. [It's odd to leave out the E which is just a dot and easily fit into the sign.]

The ride side is Morse gibberish.

1614467831640.png

8bit gamer

Original Poster
When Launch Bay opened, it was clear that they meant for that sign to be a wait time display...

View attachment 535938

But when the number of things happening inside (multiple M&Gs) was too much for two clocks, they moved the display times to the side and just filled the center with seeming randomness. It's the same from picture to picture, so, it's not an artifact of LED refresh. The Star Wars aesthetic is dot and lines on ships.

We can see that the sign has dots, and three differently sized dashes. That's not how Morse code works.

But if we allow for them trying to 'hide' the Morse code with different sized dashes, then the misspelled MICKY works on the left side. [It's odd to leave out the E which is just a dot and easily fit into the sign.]

The ride side is Morse gibberish.

View attachment 535939
so your going to claim its just random chance it spells out micky very clearly. like the odds of drawing a handfull of random lins and dots becoming something that remotely works in morse code is already unlikely let alone that the spacing would perfictly make letters on one side and those letters actually form into something that makes sense.

i just think its more likely the other side is coded some how disney is well known for their hidden secrets. think every name that shows up on anything in the parks is some kind of easter egg they even hide morse code in other parks.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
so your going to claim its just random chance it spells out micky very clearly. like the odds of drawing a handfull of random lins and dots becoming something that remotely works in morse code is already unlikely let alone that the spacing would perfictly make letters on one side and those letters actually form into something that makes sense.

i just think its more likely the other side is coded some how disney is well known for their hidden secrets. think every name that shows up on anything in the parks is some kind of easter egg they even hide morse code in other parks.
What other parks have morse code?

DisAl

What other parks have morse code?
Disneyland has a morse sounder in the telegraph office at the railroad New Orleans Square station that is sending out at least part of Walt Disney's opening day address.

I don't know if it still does, but at one time there was a scene in Spaceship Earth where morse code was saying something about the Golden Spike at Promontory Point and the completion of the transcontinental railroad.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I think I have it! This is on the Star Wars Launch Bay Theatre entrance, right?
That may be the Shyriiwook equivalent of Morse Code and we just don't understand it.
That would explain those loooong characters. ;)
Close, it is not Morse. We earthlings are so self centered we only use the yardstick we know to interpret the unknown. It is clearly Klingon....

DisAl

Close, it is not Morse. We earthlings are so self centered we only use the yardstick we know to interpret the unknown. It is clearly Klingon....
Wait a minute here..... There was a rumor going around on the internet that the Earth IS NOT the center of the universe! Is that really true?
It would be very interesting to know the story behind that sign and what the imagineer who designed it had in mind. It may have been intended as an "Easter Egg" for those who know Morse code with the "E" left out of Mickey just to confound us. :devilish:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wait a minute here..... There was a rumor going around on the internet that the Earth IS NOT the center of the universe! Is that really true?
It would be very interesting to know the story behind that sign and what the imagineer who designed it had in mind. It may have been intended as an "Easter Egg" for those who know Morse code with the "E" left out of Mickey just to confound us. :devilish:
I blame the dolphin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom