News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Hawg G

Except there’s a road between the park and the resort. Not such a great expansion pad if you need to re-route a road to use it.

Also not great for the "Shuttle" to the park to feel real, if the bus has to make stops and turns on the way. Still waiting for elevated track to appear for that shuttle.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
They have a whole brand spanking new Car Park that can be used for expansion if/when they decided to expand it further than just using the expansion pad already in the land.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Also not great for the "Shuttle" to the park to feel real, if the bus has to make stops and turns on the way. Still waiting for elevated track to appear for that shuttle.

I don't see them bothering with an elevated track. You won't be able to see out of the shuttle so it doesn't really matter how it gets to the park.

Movielover

The degree of motion felt in a moving vehicle is diminished by not seeing the actual movement. In this case by not seeing outside and your relation to the exterior of the bus any motion should not be as noticeable as you would think. Plus I'm sure they have some type of show related to your shuttle landing on the planet to help mask the movement as well. Finally the only roads these shuttles will be on are backstage so theoretically there should not be that many obstacles to maneuver around.

kthomas105

The degree of motion felt in a moving vehicle is diminished by not seeing the actual movement. In this case by not seeing outside and your relation to the exterior of the bus any motion should not be as noticeable as you would think. Plus I'm sure they have some type of show related to your shuttle landing on the planet to help mask the movement as well. Finally the only roads these shuttles will be on are backstage so theoretically there should not be that many obstacles to maneuver around.

Exactly! They are removing "true" sensory imput (from windows) and replacing it with a screen simulating movement a right trun on a bus feels less like a right turn when you cant see the road and suroundings passing you by. The illusion will work well for the amount of people that will use it. They are going to pretty great lengths to maintain the space flight illusion. The only thing that will break illusion is if the bus gets in an accident and riders have to transfer to another bus.

Hawg G

Exactly! They are removing "true" sensory imput (from windows) and replacing it with a screen simulating movement a right trun on a bus feels less like a right turn when you cant see the road and suroundings passing you by. The illusion will work well for the amount of people that will use it. They are going to pretty great lengths to maintain the space flight illusion. The only thing that will break illusion is if the bus gets in an accident and riders have to transfer to another bus.

If they were going to great lengths, it would be on a track, like HE. A themed bus is far from great lengths. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they are using special busses to transport you from a likely $1000 a night hotel to a park. It would be the epitome of cheaping out on Disney's part.

And movement not matching visuals is what causes vertigo. Unless the busses are going to go VERY slow, and all traffic will be stopped for them, they can't hide brake pumps and left/right turns. HE has very slight turns, and perfectly smooth track THAT is going great lengths

flynnibus

Premium Member
If they were going to great lengths, it would be on a track, like HE. A themed bus is far from great lengths. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they are using special busses to transport you from a likely $1000 a night hotel to a park. It would be the epitome of cheaping out on Disney's part.

And movement not matching visuals is what causes vertigo. Unless the busses are going to go VERY slow, and all traffic will be stopped for them, they can't hide brake pumps and left/right turns. HE has very slight turns, and perfectly smooth track THAT is going great lengths

Glad to see your experienced it and everything the staff have done to mask these obvious things.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They can't mask momentum

Sure you can. Just things off the top of my head...

1- you restrict how freely people move (restraints)
2- you control which orientation people face
3- you use dampeners to slow changes in velocity
4- you use counter movements
5- you mask movements by crowding with OTHER movements... confusing which direction or thing you experience making it easier to sell as something else
6- you sell the movement as something other than what it is by layering effects like sound, or lights, story, etc

Dulles drives these all around the tarmac to this day... they have windows but most people don’t even look at them.
B11FD016-5C9D-4B30-95AA-500FE66A084E.jpeg

The movement is there... but you can play it off when you do things right. It’s what Disney has been doing for freaking 45+ years with simple rumble seats.

Don’t say it’s not possible until you actually see what they do.

rreading

Strikes me that it's possible that they do go very slow and that traffic does stop for them. I should expect that Disney can control for that.

Hawg G

Sure you can. Just things off the top of my head...

1- you restrict how freely people move (restraints)
2- you control which orientation people face
3- you use dampeners to slow changes in velocity
4- you use counter movements
5- you mask movements by crowding with OTHER movements... confusing which direction or thing you experience making it easier to sell as something else
6- you sell the movement as something other than what it is by layering effects like sound, or lights, story, etc

Dulles drives these all around the tarmac to this day... they have windows but most people don’t even look at them.
View attachment 366953

The movement is there... but you can play it off when you do things right. It’s what Disney has been doing for freaking 45+ years with simple rumble seats.

Don’t say it’s not possible until you actually see what they do.
I've ridden in those. They travel essentially a slow straight line.

The point is, if Disney WAS doing all the things you're saying (I doubt they are), it would be way cheaper to do a proper ride instead. If Universal did something like this, they would be lambasted for it. This is a $1000 a night hotel, elevated busses with video screen windows is just low rent.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I've ridden in those. They travel essentially a slow straight line.

No they do not.

Green lines are the terminal routes.
CCEB8FC5-A568-4BF5-B84C-5A862B3BD374.png

And the Disney service isn’t going to be driving all around property... it’s going to navigate a pre planned route between two places.

The point is, if Disney WAS doing all the things you're saying (I doubt they are), it would be way cheaper to do a proper ride instead. If Universal did something like this, they would be lambasted for it. This is a $1000 a night hotel, elevated busses with video screen windows is just low rent.

Just come back afterwards with a real critique. Right now you’re just ing into the wind... because we don’t know what they will do.... and you’ve already judged what you don’t even know.

Hawg G

No they do not.

Green lines are the terminal routes.
View attachment 366964

And the Disney service isn’t going to be driving all around property... it’s going to navigate a pre planned route between two places.

Just come back afterwards with a real critique. Right now you’re just ****ing into the wind... because we don’t know what they will do.... and you’ve already judged what you don’t even know.

I rode them at another airport then.

But I still find it highly amusing you are defending Disney with 30-40 year old bus technology. And, you know, windows

flynnibus

Premium Member
I rode them at another airport then.

But I still find it highly amusing you are defending Disney with 30-40 year old bus technology. And, you know, windows

I’m not defending Disney... I’m combating stupidity that wants to judge results of things when they don’t even comprehend the possibilities... let alone the path chosen.

I’ll judge Disney when Disney actually shows the product. Not what I alone think the solution is.

Hawg G

I’m not defending Disney... I’m combating stupidity that wants to judge results of things when they don’t even comprehend the possibilities... let alone the path chosen.

I’ll judge Disney when Disney actually shows the product. Not what I alone think the solution is.

You are throwing out solutions that are completely unfounded. I said I expect there to ultimately be a track system installed. You're saying they're using big lumbering busses and a zig zagging route, using back stage roads with vehicles on them all the time

flynnibus

Premium Member
You are throwing out solutions that are completely unfounded. I said I expect there to ultimately be a track system installed. You're saying they're using big lumbering busses and a zig zagging route, using back stage roads with vehicles on them all the time

You threw out blockers... I said they could be addressed... you said no... I showed examples of how.

My comment about transportation is compatible with the known public records about the site. Not unfounded... just compatible with what we do know. I haven't claimed to know the end state... hence why I'm not damning it like you have

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom