Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side

psherman42

I don't really care about the course map but I really want corral placements lol. I submitted my 2016 Wine and Dine time after I registered so I'm a little nervous I somehow did something wrong or they won't have gotten it and I'll end up in the last corral. :(:arghh:

Figment82

Oh no! Not that hill by the Fantasmic theatre :arghh:

Other than that, I think the course looks great! I don't mind Bear Island Road (although it's more appreciated later on when you want the shade) and although it includes part of the evil DAK parking lot and the omnipresent Osceola Parkway, I think it's a nice amount of park time (considering what they have to work with). I'm excited for the MK parking lot start - MUCH more appreciated than ending at WWoS and enduring that transportation clusterfluff again!

Figment82

And I just read where they're allowing drop-offs at MK for the start. Double woo-hoo! Not having to take a shuttle bus over from Epcot means a few extra minutes of sleep! :D

Texas84

I'm thinking the final runners will be running through Epcot while it is open.

Bear Island is going to be creepy in the dark. Need Dark Side characters sneaking up on us here. And running through AK in the dark is amazing.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Corral G...the last one. :( I had better corral placement for the Princess Half.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Umm, so both the 10k and half start in the MK parking lot....

I have a question for those who have brought their gear bag to the race since Disney stopped providing printed copies of the guide...and no label for the bag. Do they write your number on your bag at drop off or do you have to prewrite it before you get there? I'm packing a pair of flip flops for my poor aching feet this time.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm thinking the final runners will be running through Epcot while it is open.

Bear Island is going to be creepy in the dark. Need Dark Side characters sneaking up on us here. And running through AK in the dark is amazing.

Looking at the course for both the 10k and half, do we get two runs past the waste plant? *holds nose*

Texas84

Umm, so both the 10k and half start in the MK parking lot....

I have a question for those who have brought their gear bag to the race since Disney stopped providing printed copies of the guide...and no label for the bag. Do they write your number on your bag at drop off or do you have to prewrite it before you get there? I'm packing a pair of flip flops for my poor aching feet this time.

You don't get numbered bag stickers anymore? Light Side had them.

LAKid53

Premium Member
You don't get numbered bag stickers anymore? Light Side had them.

I didn't have any in either of my bags for the Princess 5k or Glass Slipper, which is were I expected them to be.

Edit: make that with my bib - isn't that when we got them before? With your bib and race guide?

LAKid53

Premium Member
I was pretty sure they said we would get those at the expo

Yes, they handed them out with your bib and guide. But I didn't get any for the Princess. I will remember to ask this time. And bring a magic marker, just in case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom