Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge virtual queue questions

TTLUTS

Forgive me, but every time I read about this, my mind goes back to my high school health class! I literally used this example in explaining to my (teenage) kids how MDE magically blocks subsequent attempts to get boarding groups for the same people, because it was the best one I could think of. Perhaps I should start a GoFundMe for their future therapy bills now... ;)

spermy.jpg
Right but there are still plenty trying!

Schweino

Wanted to add my experience:

We were there the week after Thanksgiving (and I don't believe HS was fully booked either that week). On a Tuesday, we woke up at 6:45 but missed the 7 AM boarding group - it filled in 6 seconds. We were very lucky to get into the 2 PM group. Thursday, our second HS day, we got in at the 7 AM one but we were boarding group 20 something I believe and that was after another 6 seconds. With HS being fully booked for the rest of the month from what I heard, I would think these would fill faster. Just my guess!

mhaftman7

So I’m confused. On my app, it says the kids are managed by wife’s account. Does that mean I should be using her phone when trying to create a BG or can I do it with mine? It lets me book other reservations for them and I was always able to do FP+ when that was a thing.

Follow up question, are the BGs gone after 6 seconds still? We are going for Mother’s Day and my son has been looking forward to this for two years.

Rob562

So I’m confused. On my app, it says the kids are managed by wife’s account. Does that mean I should be using her phone when trying to create a BG or can I do it with mine? It lets me book other reservations for them and I was always able to do FP+ when that was a thing.

Follow up question, are the BGs gone after 6 seconds still? We are going for Mother’s Day and my son has been looking forward to this for two years.

"Managed by" just means that person "owns" that profile rather than the named person (child) controlling their own account. If you were able to make FP+ for the person, you can book a Boarding Group for them.

BGs are still going relatively quickly, but I'll let others with more recent experience speak to just how quickly. (Perhaps check out the latest posts in the long-running "Boarding Groups and Opening Reports" thread)

-Rob

nickys

Premium Member
The good news is that currently at least a lot of people are successful at the 1pm drop. I guess because it’s only open to those with a DHS park reservation, not hoppers, who were unsuccessful in the morning and also the reduced capacity of the park. Which reduces the number of people left going after the available BGs.

Victaman

I apologize if this has already been answered...

We will be staying at Bay Lake Tower so I am curious, as far as app speed goes, has anyone noticed a difference between being connected to the Wifi vs. cellular data when attempting to join the virtual queue?

aliceismad

I apologize if this has already been answered...

We will be staying at Bay Lake Tower so I am curious, as far as app speed goes, has anyone noticed a difference between being connected to the Wifi vs. cellular data when attempting to join the virtual queue?
I've read elsewhere that cellular data is more reliable than the wifi, but I can't recall right now where I saw that.

lukacseven

I've read elsewhere that cellular data is more reliable than the wifi, but I can't recall right now where I saw that.
I find that regardless of location, a good cellular data connection is faster than a public wifi signal.

I do have a question that I may have missed being previously answered: If you get into a 7 am BG, can you try again at 1:00 and get in again? Or is it limited to 1 per day, per person/group?

DisneyJoe

I find that regardless of location, a good cellular data connection is faster than a public wifi signal.

I do have a question that I may have missed being previously answered: If you get into a 7 am BG, can you try again at 1:00 and get in again? Or is it limited to 1 per day, per person/group?
Limit is once per day

pixie225

Just wanted to post our experience with this: We had HS reservations for 5/4 (may the fourth be with you day). Was up at 6:30 am - had both phones ready to go. At exactly 7 am (had a second counter going) hit the "join virtual queue" button. Hubby got through, but then got message that said try again at 1. I had no luck at all. Went to park, and while sitting at lunch tried again at 1 pm. I immediately got through, and got boarding 170. You could hear people cheering (we were in Backlot indoor eating area) as they got a boarding pass. I truly don't know how people got earlier passes, as I hit the button the second it "opened." We got on ride at 7 pm.

JIMINYCR

On May 4 th DS hit the button at no more than 10 sec after the clock turned 7 and missed out. Got back on at 1 :00 exactly and he got group 134. On May 5 th we were with him and tapping in at exactly 7:00 ...not 1 sec later... we got group 57. Talking with others here who have been trying all week who still have had absolutely no luck. You must be lightning quick at 7:00!!!

mergatroid

A few questions. I've been practicing getting a boarding pass at 12 noon here in the UK (Orlando 7am). As I have 4 friends linked to me, following hitting join it takes me to a screen with them on and I hit select all. This seems to take so long that I'm then told all passses have gone :(

I'm going to have a friend try as they have a better phone than me. What I'm unsure on, is does the website also check you have a park reservation for the Studios that day before giving you a boarding pass? We have 4 days worth of reservations in October and I know that we'll have to apply on those days at 7am on those dates. But just to practice before going, does it check we have a reservation or not?

TTLUTS

A few questions. I've been practicing getting a boarding pass at 12 noon here in the UK (Orlando 7am). As I have 4 friends linked to me, following hitting join it takes me to a screen with them on and I hit select all. This seems to take so long that I'm then told all passses have gone :(

I'm going to have a friend try as they have a better phone than me. What I'm unsure on, is does the website also check you have a park reservation for the Studios that day before giving you a boarding pass? We have 4 days worth of reservations in October and I know that we'll have to apply on those days at 7am. But just to practice before going, does it check we have a reservation or not?
Yes it does check to see if you have a park pass for the day. You should be getting something to the affect of "the following guests are not in the park".............If you get that message, it means you would have got a BG..............If you want to check, just remove everyone else from your friends and family group and add them back later (although this is not necessary)

JIMINYCR

Yes use cellular not Wifi. WiFi is slower and cuts your chances of getting in. DS got us another boarding pass at 7 and nano seconds... boarding group # 28 . He’s 3 for 3. He used his Apple watch to count down the seconds approaching 7:00.

jalredding

Cellular is the way to go for sure. Monday May 3rd my son and I were in the parking lot of CBR and as soon as it ticked to 7am I hit the button and got group 15

CarolynFH

As I have 4 friends linked to me, following hitting join it takes me to a screen with them on and I hit select all.
Don’t hit the Select All button. Ignore it - just hit Join again and Join on the last page (Join-Join-Join from the first page). Anyone in your F&F list who has a ticket and DHS park pass that day will automatically be selected that day (not when you’re practicing, because no one has a ticket and pass when practicing). On “the” actual day, if you get a BG and someone is left out, just go to a Guest Experience CM (in a blue shirt) and they’ll fix it. Taking the time to click Select All or even to review the list to confirm that everyone is selected can be the difference between getting a BG and not.

mergatroid

Don’t hit the Select All button. Ignore it - just hit Join again and Join on the last page (Join-Join-Join from the first page). Anyone in your F&F list who has a ticket and DHS park pass that day will automatically be selected that day (not when you’re practicing, because no one has a ticket and pass when practicing). On “the” actual day, if you get a BG and someone is left out, just go to a Guest Experience CM (in a blue shirt) and they’ll fix it. Taking the time to click Select All or even to review the list to confirm that everyone is selected can be the difference between getting a BG and not.
That's greatly appreciated, thanks so much.

graphite1326

I have a question. Is this a permanent thing or is it going to eventually be like all other rides in WDW? Because this is just on big pain in the .......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom