News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge passholder preview notification thread

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I didn't get the email til about 11:30, got through at 12:00 and am confirmed for the 21st for 5-9PM (because I'll be driving 6-7 hours that morning to get there!). It looked like the 17th and 18th were entirely booked and no longer available by that point and, while there was a drop down menu for experience selection, there was no way to actually select one (at least not registering via my iPhone anyway). Does anyone know if there is a way to modify to select one?

I had the same question. I clicked on the drop down, but nothing popped up to select a time for that experience. Maybe it's included? But nothing other than Smuggler's Run shows in my confirmation. No biggie, though.

Chet Dakota

I got in and registered but have not received the confirmation email. I called and waited on hold for about 50 minutes to be told that they were slow in sending and some were sent and some were not sent yet. That doesn’t make sense to me seeing how it is all automated. Anyway, the cast member said give it 24 hours and then call back. I did not take a screen shot of my confirmation pages. I know, dumb. I got excited and rushed to start making fast pass reservations.

KikoKea

If they follow the same rules as in California, you just can't get in line to ride the Falcon or reserve the Cantina or lightsaber after your time slot ends. They let us wander the land and shop for a good hour after our time slot ended.
OK. Mainly, we just want to ride the MF and look around and don't care much about Olga's. I was trying to make a lunch reservation that might go over into my 3-7pm slot, but decided we'll do QS instead. Thanks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
OK. Mainly, we just want to ride the MF and look around and don't care much about Olga's. I was trying to make a lunch reservation that might go over into my 3-7pm slot, but decided we'll do QS instead. Thanks.

dreamfinder912

We got in! My dad actually saw from here that it was open, Disney took their time about getting us our emails. But we're going, August 18!!! He wasn't able to select the lightsaber building, so I'm assuming that won't be an option for us...but ooo maybe we can get in and build one anyway, no harm in inquiring about the possibility of locating some "scrap metal." 😉 I'm so excited!

DisResortLuvr

A little word of warning to those of you who might not have experienced this process. I dealt with the following during the Toy Story Land preview and just got hit with it again.

When you register for other people, there is nothing that is sent to them allowing them to consent to being included in the reservation and at least in my case for both events, no email was ever sent to me to tell me that someone else had registered me. This causes a HUGE problem if the person you registered did not know about what you were doing and does not want to go during the date/times you selected for them. If it was easy to cancel or modify in the app or someplace it wouldn't be the end of the world, however, it takes a call to Disney (with a very lengthy hold time) where they have to complete a form that gets submitted internally even just to cancel what you were booked for. It then takes 1-2 weeks for that to be processed and by then, the slots are already gone. For Toy Story it took my over 2 hours to get them to fix what had happened and still trying for the Star Wars one.

Although I realize my friends should not have selected me for a slot without checking first, I don't see why Disney allows this without agreement from those being selected. How hard would it be to receive an email where they can accept or decline the slot chosen for them?? And then since an email notification is not even sent out to show that person they are registered, they then might have no idea they were. I only found out both times by those friends telling me. And since the process to even cancel involves a phone call and hold time, most people will just no-show which means other people missed out on the opportunity.

I sent something to Disney last year about this and they obviously do not care. I still can't get over allowing someone to block a slot for you that you cannot modify without you agreeing to it. At least if someone books a FastPass for you, you can still cancel it yourself easily. With all of their technology they think this is a good process?

Check with your friends before you book them!!

pdude81

But you've given those same people the right to change your fastpasses without asking you and likely see your photos.

DisResortLuvr

But you've given those same people the right to change your fastpasses without asking you and likely see your photos.

Yes, but I can modify those FastPass choices they pick and settings on my own and can see that they were selected for me in the app. For this preview process, you cannot see or do a thing about it except call.

DABIGCHEEZ

So I am not a AP holder but my daughter is a Gold AP holder. I know she can not get in, but my question is this...

What effect with this AP preview have on the park crowd level overall? We specifically moved our original weeks back to avoid the opening of SWGE crowds.... so will this event increase the crowd level at DHS significantly?

donsullivan

Premium Member
So I am not a AP holder but my daughter is a Gold AP holder. I know she can not get in, but my question is this...

What effect with this AP preview have on the park crowd level overall? We specifically moved our original weeks back to avoid the opening of SWGE crowds.... so will this event increase the crowd level at DHS significantly?

You might see little uptick on the first two days since they are on the weekend and would be most popular with local Passholders who work during the week and come out and make a day of it. Beyond that, since it's likely only a few thousand people per window it's not likely to have all that much of an impact on the crowds at DHS.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

That all depends on how many slots Disney made available over the 5 days. I had no problem finding a room using the AP summer discount for my preview period...and that included Epcot resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom