News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SWGalaxysEdge

I'm sorry but that would likely be incorrect. A construction manager like in that video would be for a specific site, not both. They work with the local construction crews and logistics to ensure everything is kept on schedule. So its was either all filmed at DLR or all filmed at DHS, not both. And given the construction we saw it was likely filmed a couple months ago.

...correct was last month. Was told by my FL contact they filmed "a lot" there.

SWGalaxysEdge

I had been asking one of my contacts about the elevator system for the AT-At area of RotR. Its at that point of the ride where the 2 paired ride vehicles will go UP to the second floor. Here's what I got from it...

There are elevators on each side that will take the 2 ride vehicles up to the 2nd floor. You can see in this picture, the yellow outlined elevator shaft on the right side. There's a matching elevator/lift on the other side as well. Covered with themed walls when complete.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
...correct was last month. Was told by my FL contact they filmed "a lot" there.

I think you missed the point. She either works at SW:GE at DL or WDW, not both. That is not how construction works. She doesn't fly across country daily.

So when they say filmed "a lot" there, they likely mean it was filmed completely there and they have had to slipped in a few scene from DLR for filler.

Basically the point of this whole thing is that SW:GE at DLR is not delayed because of the rain at this point.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
...they have a permit for one of the areas (takes a while to load) - current work being done.
permits.anaheim.net/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=statusviewcaseBLD&shl_caseno=BLD2017-01420

Again the basic structure are done, meaning exteriors minus painting and such. Its all the interiors that are being done at this point.

Basically if they haven't done the exteriors at this point, they won't make June and will be opening in Fall with WDW.

lifeisgoodboy

I had been asking one of my contacts about the elevator system for the AT-At area of RotR. Its at that point of the ride where the 2 paired ride vehicles will go UP to the second floor. Here's what I got from it...

There are elevators on each side that will take the 2 ride vehicles up to the 2nd floor. You can see in this picture, the yellow outlined elevator shaft on the right side. There's a matching elevator/lift on the other side as well. Covered with themed walls when complete.

View attachment 349150

View attachment 349151

View attachment 349152

This looks kinda dangerous to me. I mean what If a earthquake happens on the ride. I think I will be a little scared going up.

britain

View attachment 349150

View attachment 349151

View attachment 349152
Would it be more accurate to say that these are not shafts because they are elevating platforms? Or are they enclosed with walls, and so truly shafts?

sedati

View attachment 349150

View attachment 349151

View attachment 349152
I lack an insider connection, but I don't think the elevators are on opposite sides. I think one is where we've all assumed it was, which will line up with the open hatch on the side of the walker from which troopers will fire down at us. There doesn't seem to be an opening on the opposite side for the vehicle to enter the second level. Also, in your diagram you show the elevator going much higher than I would expect. The showbuilding's second floor lies between the knee and shoulder height of the walkers.
I do believe there will be two lifts, and if we go way back through Bioreconstruct's aerials, we can see where they should be as there are two pits located at the edges of the AT-AT room:

If correct, this would put the second lift (green) facing the AT-AT's heads which would make for a dramatic and imposing view.

jmkb44

Hello, first time post, long time lurker. Quick question for those that may know. I am planning on doing a quick trip at end of aug from the east cost and was wondering if there have been any rumors about dedicated morning hours. Since I will be going alone, I am trying to figure out if I should pay to stay on site for the possible morning magic access, or hope they use single rider lines even though that is not verified yet. I know disneyworld like the back of my hand but have only been to the land once back in 2009. Also, off topic, but does disney have shuttle buses from the airport to the hotels? I am assuming they do, but wanted confirmation.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Hello, first time post, long time lurker. Quick question for those that may know. I am planning on doing a quick trip at end of aug from the east cost and was wondering if there have been any rumors about dedicated morning hours. Since I will be going alone, I am trying to figure out if I should pay to stay on site for the possible morning magic access, or hope they use single rider lines even though that is not verified yet. I know disneyworld like the back of my hand but have only been to the land once back in 2009. Also, off topic, but does disney have shuttle buses from the airport to the hotels? I am assuming they do, but wanted confirmation.

Are you going to D23? Just an FYI that it may be busier than expected if your dates overlap.

Generally speaking the extra magic hours pertaining to lands or attractions tend to be a Florida feature. We’ve heard nothing yet and that likely won’t be something until closer to. However if you get Max Pass and rope drop an attraction you should have very little issue doing both in one day without destroying the rest of you DL visit. Do the reverse if going for a second day for a proper walk through both queues.

If it features single rider like we think, you may have a ‘reasonable’ time all around...

At least this is all my hope as I’m also going around the same time....

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
..the last one with the girl taking us on the construction tour...a lot was filmed in Orlando, from what I was told.

Are you referring to the Kristina Dewberry video? The one that starts with this?

And who's LinkedIn page says this?

The same woman who's standing in front of the Galaxy's Edge sign at the DL Frontierland entrance?

And later in the video is standing between the MF show building and the temporary warehouse on the DL GE property?

I just wanted to make clear we are talking about the same video. And no, I'm not shooting the messenger. I respect and appreciate what you are doing for the fan community and are only acting as the middle man, but between this and the rumor that we will enter the queue at the Falcon prop, it's your contact's information that is starting to lose credibility with me.

Not only do I NOT think a lot of this was shot in Orlando......I think NONE of it was.

SWGalaxysEdge

Are you referring to the Kristina Dewberry video? The one that starts with this?

View attachment 349217

View attachment 349218

The same woman who's standing in front of the Galaxy's Edge sign at the DL Frontierland entrance?

View attachment 349220

View attachment 349221

And later in the video is standing between the MF show building and the temporary warehouse on the DL GE property?

View attachment 349222

View attachment 349223

I just wanted to make clear we are talking about the same video. And no, I'm not shooting the messenger. I respect and appreciate what you are doing for the fan community and are only acting as the middle man, but between this and the rumor that we will enter the queue at the Falcon prop, it's your contact's information that is starting to lose credibility with me.

Not only do I NOT think a lot of this was shot in Orlando......I think NONE of it was.

...all good evidence. I'll go back to him about it...

SWGalaxysEdge

From a media source of mine (unrelated to my SWGE sources)
"First Look" event coming to #SWGECA - Have been hearing about an upcoming press event at #SWGalaxysEdge at the end of February. I assume we will be getting new details and pictures afterwards. Anyone here been invited and going?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

View attachment 349217

View attachment 349218

View attachment 349220

View attachment 349221

View attachment 349222

View attachment 349223

Thank you, I didn't think I was crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom