News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

flynnibus

Premium Member
Oooooh. You PC people. I was too busy tearing up Commander Keen to get into those games. Though later I did finally get around to playing Half-Life. Had to cheat my way through.

Playing altogether in the same room is what made it more fun! You could raise the stakes to determine who got to sleep in the bed that night vs the floor.

We would play online with conference calls.. and had our own company private HL server for the daily frag sessions of Quake and then HL. No sleepovers at the office - but we did maintain our own stats/leaderboards for the office ;)

Mac Tonight

We would play online with conference calls.. and had our own company private HL server for the daily frag sessions of Quake and then HL. No sleepovers at the office - but we did maintain our own stats/leaderboards for the office ;)
We were admittedly too young to have an office. Or jobs. :)

sponono88

SWGE is up on the Disneyland app map

flynnibus

Premium Member
That’s what I meant lol. You could buy a parkhopper and even a couple MaxPass, and it’d still be less than a 15 minute glorified Build a Bear. This land sounds like a consumerist nightmare.

I guess you've never gone through Hogsmeade or DA?

Disney took note from what the WWOHP established was not only viable, but worthy. DHS has had these SW themed shops for years now and they are quickly done things.. the main things should be awesome to browse through.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Savi's and Droid Depot are considered attractions.
If they’re going to pretend Savi’s is an attraction, it is more expensive than every attraction in both parks combined.
I guess you've never gone through Hogsmeade or DA?

Disney took note from what the WWOHP established was not only viable, but worthy. DHS has had these SW themed shops for years now and they are quickly done things.. the main things should be awesome to browse through.

Indeed, Olivander's is considered an attraction. A dance party is considered an attraction.

This isn't a bin of LEGOs and you have at it jostling for space with a crowd, this is highly themed "experience" with a CM putting on a show, like the prelude to Tales with Belle. It's expected to be so crowded that you might have to make reservations for it, which might be done on the Disney App, which would require it to show up with all the other attractions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The difference is: you don’t have to buy a wand to experience Olivanders. You don’t need to buy the photo to meet one of the princesses. The experience requires you to make a purchase; it is a shop that includes performance.

You acknowledge it's an upcharge event but then won't apply the label "attraction" to it?

drod1985

The difference is: you don’t have to buy a wand to experience Olivanders. You don’t need to buy the photo to meet one of the princesses. The experience requires you to make a purchase; it is a shop that includes performance.

Your point is entirely valid, but as far as I remember the experience at Olivander's 1) is focused entirely on one lucky guest, 2) only sells pre-packaged wands with no customization, and 3) has a much larger audience/capacity

The saber experience requires direct interaction with the merchandise by all 14 participants. They could break a part, scratch a part, etc. And if they didn't require purchase they'd likely destroy their sales due to the limited capacity. Imagine if only 1-2 of the 14 participants bought a saber during each show. That wouldn't cover operational costs for show as its been described to us so far.

SSG

So, $200 bucks to build a lightsaber x 14 participants = $2,800 per cycle.

Disney is probably shooting for 3 cycles per hour (15 minute show; clearing the crowd; seating a new group) = $8,400 per hour.

A 16 hour day (open 8:00 to midnight) = $134,400 per day.

How can I get into the lightsaber business?

Incomudro

Except I imagine most people would rather fly an X-Wing than the Falcon if surveyed.

What they might like to fly in and of itself is one thing.
What made the most sense to make an attraction out of - and what most Star Wars fans would like to experience more in depth is the Falcon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom