News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Phroobar

New stormtrooper costume at Galaxy's Edge due to cost cutting..

img_8690.jpg

Ismael Flores

I wonder if they could have kept Big Thunder Ranch/ BBQ if they weren’t hell bent on having three entrances because they thought the crowds were going to be insane?

I agree, first things first they need to add some kinetic energy. The Bantha mover being cut was a huge blow. The dinner show restaurant is necessary and I’d love to see a real thrill ride in the land.

I still think they screwed up when they didn't incorporate a BBQ eatery into the land. I think that with proper planning they could have used some areas of land that are now just large dirt berms.

this area would have made for a perfect sit down eatery that could have used the themed shack they built off the pathway as an entrance. The inside could have been themed to an old mine or they could have made the entrance as part of SWGE and gave the place a star wars theme.

Either way they could have served both lands by maybe making it a sit down area for Star Wars and just had take out items on the frontierland side.
with Disneyland slowly loosing land for expansion any bit of land is valuable
eatery.jpg

D.Silentu

I'm wondering what happened with the rumored February meeting, later bumped to this month, which would address how to improve Galaxy's Edge. It seems likely that it was postponed again due to the health crisis, but I have yet to hear anything. I am quite interested to see what comes out of such a meeting because I believe the land still has a lot of potential. I've heard some great ideas proposed here and with a handful of such touches it could evolve into something great.

Last edited:

mickEblu

They seemed to devote an awful lot of space to separating SW Land from the rest of DL.

In hindsight, I’m glad they did. I wouldn’t want a clear shot of that Big Beige B.i.t.c.h from Critter Country or Frontierland. I’d rather have it feel like it’s separate from the rest of the park.

Big Beige B.i.t.c.h- say that 10x fast.

Last edited:

smooch

It's an absolute travesty Disney didn't take this time to get ahead on park upkeep. So much painting needs to be done, lights need to be changed, etc. The park could have opened looking brand new.

I am really disappointed they stopped all work during this time. It truly would be a perfect time for refreshing the park, they'd have all the time in the world since no guests are in the park. I don't know why Disney isn't continuing construction and stuff during all this yet parks like Universal are as well as nearby hotels and even Starbucks. Maybe it's a sign that Disney truly is hurting more financially than we are thinking they are? I mean I know they are losing lots of money since all their sources of revenue aside from Disney+ have effectively been suspended, but I figured they could at least repaint / do basic repairs to whatever needs it even if they decided to halt the more expensive construction on things like MMRR and AC.

Mickeyboof

Too much money and resources spent on these auxiliary experiences.

I believe they think this adds authenticity and unprecedented "world-building," but it actually dries out the actual place, which exists unsupported during a lull in the story's timeline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom