News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

ProfessorPepper

What's with all the synchro lights and towers out in the open like that? That better be just for opening ceremonies..

And those bird wing style light posts... don't recall them before.
I don’t remember seeing them there last Wednesday :) Plus if you look at this you can tell it looks very temporary compared to the permanent light fixtures.
1558383721617.png

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

I never pay attention to any of these pre-release influencer social media posts, they get picked precisely because they know they're likely to be positive.

(That being said I'm not doubting that GE as an experience is cool)

kevlightyear

Posted some photos I found in the Play Disney Parks app over in the WDW SWGE thread...
I've been doing some digging through the Play Disney Parks app source. Here are some images I found. I haven't been following the SWGE threads, so these might be old news, but here they are anyway.

If you look at the top left corner of the big blue case here you can see an example of the 'barcode'/'qr' code that will be used in the app.
View attachment 374222

This is labeled the Antiquarian.
View attachment 374223

This is the droid depot.
View attachment 374224

Let me know if you'd like to see more.

Here are some more:
"Hondo's Antenna"
View attachment 374271

Close up of droids
View attachment 374272

"Maypole"
View attachment 374274

DeletedAccount55555

Do we expect that early media access to Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland is going to be REALLY limited? I know about the press preview a few months ago, but I'm talking about how few social media influencers/actual journalists may be allowed in to see the finished land before May 31.

It doesn't seem like many considering how many Disney sites that typically get invited to media previews I've heard discuss getting reservations to the land that first weekend in order to get the content that they need.

Practical Pig

New Balance shoes are lovely. Wearing a pair now.

Also, that picture of the GE opening team is actually just a picture from the future when the land is open.
Yeesh. Have fun, sardines!

Nah. Those people would be crammed further together by the in-use strollers and scooters, and the banks of parked ones flanking every perimeter that isn't defended by Stormtroopers. And where are all the various IP Balloons and the Mickey/Minnie/Goofy Ears and Disney Princess Dresses? You know, all those world immersive details. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom