News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Phroobar

i'm with you. lucA$$$$$$film and DIS$$$$$$$NEY and BOB EIGER$$$$$$$NER and KA$$$$$$$$$$HLEEN KE$$$$$NNEDY need to realize that us star wars fans won't stand for some "theme park"! us star wars fans want only the highest quality! us star wars fans need a REAL STAR WAR

gentlemen... i propse to you. a war in space. we take the fight to the aliens and make a real star war.

WHO'S WITH ME??????
I think you need a spell checker first.

Rich T

It won't feel real to me unless our Galaxy's natural laws are completely altered so that there's sound and WWII-style aerial maneuvers in the vacuum of space, art is nearly non-existent and no one actually enjoys their life (seriously, who would *ever* actually want to live in the dreary world of Star Wars? It's a great setting for a space opera, but come ON.)

drod1985

Description of the Savi Saber building experience from u/viranova on reddit.

Low key, I don’t think the experience will be for everyone. It was fantastic, but not so much that I actually think that I’ll be able to convince anyone to do it that won’t be able to justify the price for this over a legacy saber. If you want to role play and all that, I think it’s a pretty cool experience, but if you can live without that, then I say maybe skip this. There were some cool elements that I really enjoyed, especially since I wanted to role play and get as immersed as possible in this world. I wanted to see what the room looked like in person and what would happen inside. I wanted to build my own blade and I wanted to see what the process of getting a kyber crystal would be like. Since the only way to gain access to this area of Galaxy’s Edge is by purchasing a custom blade - my curiosity got the best of me and I went all in. lol I felt like if I didn’t, would I have really explored Blackspire outpost inside and out? There is a story here they had to offer and I wanted to be apart of it.

Now, I’m going to go into spoiler territory so if anyone wants to stop reading here, go ahead. Lol It’s almost a holy ceremonial experience, especially if you’re a huge Star Wars fan. You walk in with a group of people the gatherers consider to be force users looking for their path in this new world where Jedi and dark users alike are awakening. While you all make your way in this dimly lit room with ancient relics and candle wax dripping down the walls, you all gather around these tables that have a display stand and a small metal tray that’s attached to the table where you’d place a kyber crystal. The gatherers go on to tell you about what there intentions are and what they do while being accompanied by lighting effects and a great musical score. They go over what kyber crystals are and the force users that accompanied each of the colors represented. (They mention Asajj Ventress for red, Qui Gon/Luke,Yoda for green, Obi-Wan,Rey,Anakin for blue etc) They state that you too are apart of this long legacy now, no matter which path you take and as they begin to finish this up they ask you to close your eyes. They tell you to feel which kyber calls to you and when you open your eyes a gatherer is standing in front of you with this crazy looking container with a bunch of different kyber crystals inside. They are glowing super bright and you proceed to pick one out from this thing. Once you take it out, it stops glowing and you place it on your tray. They go into explaining saber hilts and proceed to bring out your pieces while this happens. They teach you how to put it together piece by piece and when you’re done you put it in this hole that’s attached to the front of your table. You stand back and when they instruct you to take out your saber, the blade is attached and they tell you to light it up. The room gets dimmer and everyone lights their sabers in the air together at the same time while the music gets louder and you hear how distinct everyone’s blade is. It was pretty dope to see that. It felt like we were some galactic knights of the round table. Lol Then it’s over and as you walk out you take a carrying case for your lightsaber.

Yoda does make a voice over cameo and not a physical cameo. Once you turn off your blades, the music changes slightly and his voice comes in acknowledging the force within us and how important the force will be to us. I can’t remember exactly what he says, but it definitely left a smile on my face since I wasn’t expecting that to happen at all. His voice shifts in and out of various areas of the room, so it’s like he’s just force ghosting it all over the place which I thought was really cool. lol There seems to be enough room in there to have a force ghost animatronic or tech installed later on if they wanted to, so I really hope they consider that in the future. I don’t think they’d need it, but man, I think that alone would get people in there to check this out. Hopefully they’d consider it down the line! 🤞🏽

fctiger

But for real though... Galaxies Edge needs its own sub-folder on this forum. It's getting slightly ridiculous.

EDIT: I counted roughly 13 threads about GE all active within the last month. Make it stop!

This isn't a shock. As I predicted, the closer we got the more people will show up and make their own threads because they are looking for specific information and no one is going to scour through this thread for it unless you are already a member. I agree though they could create a sub folder like they have done for other big land information like the new Fantasyland and Pandora. At least keep all the threads in one place.

TROR

This isn't a shock. As I predicted, the closer we got the more people will show up and make their own threads because they are looking for specific information and no one is going to scour through this thread for it unless you are already a member. I agree though they could create a sub folder like they have done for other big land information like the new Fantasyland and Pandora. At least keep all the threads in one place.
Yep. Keep this thread as construction information on the restaurant and ROTR, have one thread just for MFSR, one thread for reviews of the entire land, etc. but keep them all in a subforum of this subforum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom