News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

socalifornian

That's the dark side of fandom, whether it be films, comics, sports, video games or theme parks. Some people lose all perspective (or never had any to begin with). It's sad.

Rich T

Dear Disney fans, please stop making stupid videos of the park while you talk in cartoon voices and dress like ten year olds.
I have to admit I'm a fan of several Nintendo fan sites where the reviewers/commentators often talk in funny voices, wear silly costumes and even perform professional-level puppetry. But they're doing it all in their home studios. I can't imagine them taking their acts out into a crowded public venue such as a theme park. Then again, Super Nintendo Land is coming...

TP2000

Most of it looks like the resin cast crap they had in the fake prop area at DHS. You can be nerdy if its impressive or real looking.. fake and nerdy... no bueno.

Thank you, you just nailed it. It doesn't interest me because it all looks so... fake.

Most of this stuff looks so plasticky and un-genuine, all shipped over from slave factories in Communist China.

I just don't want it in my life or my home, thanks.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Also he brought up that regular park goers would be confused as to why hondo is the host of smugglers run and not han. Thats not true pretty much everyone knows han is dead. Plus they will probably pay tribute to han and they will explain why Hondo( who is a fantastic charcter) has the falcon.
just wait. people will go "cool AA but where is HAN AND CHEWIE" or "WHY WASN'T IT A CHEWIE ROBOT" just wait. and I never cared about the EU or the new Disney EU. it is all just fan fiction even if it was liscensed or created directly by LUCASFILM. the only thing that ever mattered were the films. its not like Harry Potter where it was a book series made into films. when someone has a star wars film marathon they don't stop so they can watch all of the clone wars series between episodes 2 or 3 or read 9 novels that take place between EMPIRE and RETURN OF THE JEDI. again I don't hate that there is going to be a star wars land on principal. I have issues with what era they chose to set the land and the creative decisions and execution they have shown so far. I do hope the land is a success. I know I went a little over board in my previous posts but I was more over exaggerating for fun since this is the internet afterall. but I am no fool. I think the fools are the ones who think everything Disney has done is perfect and never questions their decisions and accepts them with blind faith. that is foolish. to quote obi wan, "whose more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

New reports from my Bothan spies!

Today was the first "Cast Showcase" at DCA Stage 17 to educate CMs about Galaxy's Edge. Early word is that there wasn't anything that we didn't learn at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago. The big take away was that there will be Cast Previews of SW:GE to be announced later. The latter was released to all CMs at the resort to coincide with the first showcase. No word on whether CM guests will be allowed.

Additionally, all CM access to Disneyland Park is blocked from May 15 to August 31. This includes Main Gate passes, CM ID self-sign-in, and the twice-yearly allocation of "comp" tickets. Comps are the tickets that CMs can give to family and friends to be used without the CM present. These are considered to be the "holy grail" of free admissions as they customarily have fewer blockouts than Main Gate passes. While some of these restrictions could be lifted later, I believe this is the most restrictive in Disneyland history. However, access to DCA is still pretty wide open.

Finally, there are rumors that there will be some live characters appearing around Batuu. But it sounds like it will be very limited.

No Bothans were harmed in acquiring this information.

Last edited:

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I have a hunch Cast Complimentary Tickets (which never have block out dates) are being confused with One Day Park Hopper Guest Tickets which do have blackouts and are indeed blocked out all summer.

Old Mouseketeer

I have a hunch Cast Complimentary Tickets (which never have block out dates) are being confused with One Day Park Hopper Guest Tickets which do have blackouts and are indeed blocked out all summer.

You're more informed on this than I am. I shall pass this along as a friend (I mean Bothan) was distressed because they were saving comp tickets for visiting family this summer. This could be good news! Thanks.

UPDATE 4/19: I'm hearing that CMs will be told later about block out dates for Comp Tickets.

Last edited:

drod1985

I was trying to figure out the names of these lightsaber belong too. I couldn't find any.

The sabers you quoted won’t be on that list because the BYOS experience at Savi’s is all custom.

Legacy hilts for sale will include the Skywalker saber, Luke’s ROTJ, Vader’s ESB, Kylo’s, Ahsoka’s, the Temple Guard’s, Maul’s Asajj Ventress’, and Mace Windu’s. There will be an additional hilt for sale on opening day that they are keeping secret for now.

SWGalaxysEdge

Cast Member letter. This was sent to #SWGECA Cast Members.

A message from Kris Theiler

We know that the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is a momentous event for all of us at the Disneyland Resort, and are so happy to share that we will be hosting exclusive Cast Previews of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge! Stay tuned for more information about previews as opening day draws near — we'll have more to share soon.

To assist in ensuring an excellent experience for all Guests and as posted earlier today, company-issued block-out dates for Main Entrance Passes and Employee Self-Admission (Company IDs) have been increased for Disneyland Park over the next several months. This is an incredibly busy and exciting time at the resort, and with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opening to Guests on May 31, Cast admission opportunities will be limited while we work through the impact of opening our most ambitious themed land ever. The intention behind this decision is to focus on delivering an exceptional Guest experience, which many Cast Members will be directly involved in creating.
Cast will still have the opportunity to visit Disney California Adventure Park on select days this summer. In order to make the most of your visit, please continue to check the block-out calendar before planning a visit to the resort. We greatly appreciate not only your assistance in helping balance the demand on the parks during this busy time period, but everything you do for our Guests and the resort. We look forward to welcoming YOU to be among the first to experience Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge soon!
Kris Theiler
Vice President, Disneyland Park.

fctiger

I added more to my post, but the land will represent the entire franchise. The setting simply takes place between TFA and TLJ but they made it clear it will reference every bit of the franchise from ANH down to everything currently being made.

Last edited by a moderator:

fctiger

. Did you see any of the SWL interviews at Celebration? They made it perfectly clear that's not the case. And in fact they said they want people who either enjoys one part of the franchise or seen and read every inch that they will find connections to all of it, big and small .

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom