News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Old Mouseketeer

Over 20 combinations, accessories, special name tags for the land.

I remember when Magic Kingdom Main Street Merchandising had some variables in the early years. Men's vests were blue, burgundy, or gold. There were variable coordinated shirts which changed to uniformed matching stripes around 1975.

When Magic Mountain opened the Spillikin Corners craft area in 1977 (a homogenized ripoff of Silver Dollar City) they had costumes designed by famed Hollywood/Vegas designer Eloise Jensen. Every shop had a different costume in rustic farmer/craftsman fabrics.

This kind of variety is long overdue. I hope we see more of it.

Disney Analyst

So yeah. There is a base Batuu village costume that has up to 20 combinations + accessories to switch it up (scarves, hats, necklaces etc.).

That base costume is also used for smugglers run but adds a vest.

Resistance has completely unique costumes. The resistance have their own, and the First Order have their own. So essentially they will certainly have to staff/scheduled the positions of the ride way in advance to ensure correct costuming.

Frontierland's Finest

I have this gut feeling that ROTR could have two costumes. One Resistance costume for the entrance/pre-show/exit and then a First Order for the loading process of the attraction. Then again you could just have one Resistance costume since the story revolves around getting getting taken hostage by the Resistance.
I had a post earlier predicting ROTR would have both a First Order and a Resistance costume and I was right. I'm really not a fan of how the Smuggler's Run costumes look though.

Last edited:

DLR>WDW

I had a post earlier predicting ROTR would have both a First Order and a Resistance costume and I was right. I'm really not a fan of how the Smuggler's Run costumes look though.
Had the same thought, but under normal lighting conditions it actually looks quite unique and fun!

Photo via disney_photographer on Instagram

Rich Brownn

So yeah. There is a base Batuu village costume that has up to 20 combinations + accessories to switch it up (scarves, hats, necklaces etc.).

That base costume is also used for smugglers run but adds a vest.

Resistance has completely unique costumes. The resistance have their own, and the First Order have their own. So essentially they will certainly have to staff/scheduled the positions of the ride way in advance to ensure correct costuming.
Just like Hogwarts Express - although most of us kept a backup costume just in case we had to switch in mid-shift!

Phroobar

So am I the only one who thinks those look kind of terrible? Especially the second one with the inexplicable rice hat. Some of them look like they will be hard for people to tell if they’re CMs or not.

RotR uniforms are tight though.
They are theme park looking and no where near movie quality. I expected at least a holster and blaster. Everyone was armed in Star Wars. Oh course no one in Frontierland is armed unlike at Knott's Ghost Town or the typical guest at Magic Mountain.

Animaniac93-98

Especially the second one with the inexplicable rice hat.

Two things are gonna happen with the rice hat, either:

a) it gets removed before opening because it's considered racist/cultural appropriation

b) it gets sold in all gifts shops and this summer every AP and instagrammer will be walking around DLR wearing them

Either one would be hilarious and ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom