News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

I'll be surprised if they don't at least fill the gap with some kind of barrier like a painted tarp. All they need to do is block the light from coming through. I'm sure their calculation was something on the order of, "well, we can fill in 99% and remain on budget or spend another $xx."

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Some sort of tarp.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Some sort of tarp.

1546485829194.png

tarp

BrianLo

Original Poster
When you go on the Canoes, you can't see a thing of Star Wars Land; no rocks, no spires, no buildings, no nothing.

Because you are down at ground level on the Canoes, not 30 feet above ground like the top deck of the Mark Twain. Even though you are mere feet from the place, you can't see a bit of Batuu. Because they aren't going to let you climb 30 feet up onto the rooftops.

Using that as a guide, you probably won't be able to see a thing of Frontierland or Fantasyland when you are in Star Wars Land.

Heck, even now when you are standing a few dozen feet away from the entry tunnels into Star Wars Land, you can't even see anything peeking over the top, so I would expect it to be the exact same experience in reverse when you are standing on the other side of this berm...

Any Star Wars Land from this middle entrance area? Nope. :(
maxresdefault.jpg

How about the far eastern entrance looking northwest into the land? Walking in from Fantasyland and going right up to the eastern entrance that's still walled shut? Nope. :(

0809_fea_ocr-l-dlupdate-43.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Okay, maybe if I move way south to the Big Thunder exit and look directly north at Star Wars Land. Here's what this view looked like in 2016 as they cleared land, rerouted the River, and realigned the Railroad. Surely you will see Star Wars from here....
12907339_792642334203215_267000302_n.jpg

Fast forward to 2018 with Batuu mountains finished and massive ride buildings all built. Here's the same view... :(
thunder-trail.jpg

There's just gotta be a place in Frontierland or Critter Country I could see Star Wars from. Yes! The top of the second lift hill of Big Thunder Mountain! Look fast! :D
Disneyland-8318-Star-Wars-Galaxy%E2%80%99s-Edge-Construction-view-from-Big-Thunder-Mountain-Railroad-1200x0.jpg

Angles and math blah blah... I'm completely guessing but I still side with you'll catch the peak of Big Thunder (the peak not the train). Somewhere. Obviously without us taking a photo from the actual peak its hard to say...

Big Thunder kind of looks like it belongs anyways.

lifeisgoodboy

No offense, but an Imagineer just walking through DL isn’t going to give a random guest inside information. That is a good way for them to lose their job. So anything they tell you is likely going to be the normal PR/Marketing response that is already public knowledge. Again not worth posting here.

What suddenstorm was referring to was if you had a personal relationship, such as neighbors or friends, with an Imagineer and they give you inside info then post it.

No I don't know any. I won't ask them.

SWGalaxysEdge

Mike Quinn is going to be doing some sequence for rise of resistance attraction for Star Wars galaxy’s edge

..yep. He joined my SWGE facebook group today and was telling me about that. Obviously he could not say what it was about (NDA) but he also said Disney went back to Kenya to have Kipsang record more stuff too. He was the original voice of Nien Nunb, FYI (image attached of Mike's post about this on my group's page
mikeQuinn_010319.png

lifeisgoodboy

..yep. He joined my SWGE facebook group today and was telling me about that. Obviously he could not say what it was about (NDA) but he also said Disney went back to Kenya to have Kipsang record more stuff too. He was the original voice of Nien Nunb, FYI (image attached of Mike's post about this on my group's pageView attachment 338298
Did you get this info about Nein Nunb in Star Wars Galatic Phase Book and Travel Guide book on pg 155.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom