News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to permanently close this fall

Andrew M

If Disney gave these fans the Star Wars they really want, instead of the Star Wars Disney insists on giving them - it would have done better for a longer period of time.
Fans balked at the price, then again at the content.
I agree that it definitely would have been more successful if they rotated experiences to have an original trilogy itinerary, but the price would have still kept the large majority of the people away who couldn't afford it in the first place.

I know we all grew up with episodes 4/5/6, but my kids are much more interested in episodes 7/8/9 and are honestly disappointed when we watch any movies that Rey is not in. As wrong as their opinion is, as a parent I'd be much more likely to drop an insane amount of money on an experience my kids would love instead of one I would love.

Incomudro

I agree that it definitely would have been more successful if they rotated experiences to have an original trilogy itinerary, but the price would have still kept the large majority of the people away who couldn't afford it in the first place.

I know we all grew up with episodes 4/5/6, but my kids are much more interested in episodes 7/8/9 and are honestly disappointed when we watch any movies that Rey is not in. As wrong as their opinion is, as a parent I'd be much more likely to drop an insane amount of money on an experience my kids would love instead of one I would love.
I agree.
My son's are 21 years old now, and I got into Star Wars through them.
It really wasn't my thing when it was out, even though I was the perfect age for it.
I was into JAWS, and Close Encounters.
Anyway... Yes, if my son's were still into Star Wars like they were when they were younger - my wife and I would have booked this experience for their sake and I know we would have had a blast with it as a family.
If was priced far too high however, and I do believe it would have done better if it at least offered original trilogy cruises - or at least was just cooler than it was.
Disney just consistently under delivers with Star Wars.

erasure fan1

Taylor Swift delivers Taylor Swift fans what they want.
You nailed it, 100%. I'm not saying the people who went didn't have a good time because that wasn't the issue. The star cruiser wasn't the star wars experience the majority of fans really wanted. So of course they wouldn't pony up the cash.
I agree that it definitely would have been more successful if they rotated experiences to have an original trilogy itinerary, but the price would have still kept the large majority of the people away
They didn't offer that because that wouldn't have worked. Not because the time line of galaxys edge was locked in the sequels, because that could be easily fixed. It's because given the choice between the experience they had. Or an experience from the OT with Vader, the empire, c3po, r2... I have no doubts it overshadowes the sequel experience. And Disney wanted no part of that. Of course the price would have still been prohibitive of long term success, but it would have lasted significantly longer in my opinion.

TP2000

Here's a picture taken Friday of the Galactic Starcruiser from Bioreconstruct on Twitter X formerly known as Twitter.

As you can see, there's not a single car in the parking lot, not a single work truck in sight. The place is abandoned and forgotten already. Whatever the plans the Communications intern for Sidekick Tightpants might have claimed they were working on for this failed concept, it obviously isn't going to happen anytime soon. Perhaps not even this decade.

F-Ndg7wWEAA0Cq5

flynnibus

Premium Member
As you can see, there's not a single car in the parking lot, not a single work truck in sight. The place is abandoned and forgotten already
Yes, everyone knows Saturdays are known to be the busiest days of the week on every white collar unstarted project and the best crystal ball projection for the next ten years.

I mean nothing happens unless you are onsite. It’s amazing they even build these things in the first place… without walking the hallways first. Like, how can they even know what things would look like… or even is in there!

donaldtoo

Here's a picture taken Friday of the Galactic Starcruiser from Bioreconstruct on Twitter X formerly known as Twitter.

As you can see, there's not a single car in the parking lot, not a single work truck in sight. The place is abandoned and forgotten already. Whatever the plans the Communications intern for Sidekick Tightpants might have claimed they were working on for this failed concept, it obviously isn't going to happen anytime soon. Perhaps not even this decade.

F-Ndg7wWEAA0Cq5

Can Disney just call in a drone strike on this dump, and call it a day…?!?!?! 🤔:hilarious:🤣

TP2000

Yes, everyone knows Saturdays are known to be the busiest days of the week on every white collar unstarted project and the best crystal ball projection for the next ten years.

I mean nothing happens unless you are onsite. It’s amazing they even build these things in the first place… without walking the hallways first. Like, how can they even know what things would look like… or even is in there!

One would think, even if WDI is working a 36 hour work week now, that there would at least be a trash dumpster or two on site to prep it for its next use. If there even is a "next use" for it.

From the aerial photos a month into Fiscal 2024... that thing looks abandoned and forgotten.

MerlinTheGoat

As was told to me back in mid June, Starcruiser is not going to be repurposed into anything for guests to visit. If there are any elements that can be stripped and used for spare parts and tech elsewhere on property, they will do so. The building will then be used for storage/utiility space and most likely employee offices.

TP2000

A nice road there, building for effects to occur and some boneyard and voila, we can get a new Backlot tram tour going.

Can you imagine the tram tour narration if they cut some of the walls out to allow tram passengers to see inside?....

"Hang on folks, it's Pasta Party Youth Nite at the St. Olaf Lutheran Church, and those crazy teens have chosen a SciFi night in the church basement for this year's theme!.... I smell Wookies and Baked Ziti, don't you?!?"

2022-wdw-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-hotel-paid-march-trip-lunch-day-1-crown-of-corellia-dining-room-76.jpg

cjkeating

One would think, even if WDI is working a 36 hour work week now, that there would at least be a trash dumpster or two on site to prep it for its next use. If there even is a "next use" for it.

From the aerial photos a month into Fiscal 2024... that thing looks abandoned and forgotten.
I don't think anyone (who thinks it may return in some shape or form in the future) was expecting anything to happen to it anytime soon.

In my opinion...
If they were going full on tax write off the place would already be in clear demolition mode.
If they had plans to repurpose it for some other cast only use (which I don't think is possible in any way) there would also be some activity going on
So I think they don't know what's going to happen to it... yes it could still get demolished but I think we will see activity for test events and hear rumours from cast when they are experimenting behind closed doors before anything is made public. I think something like this is at least a year away.

Personally I think WDI have many other pressing issues to deal with right now other than Starcruiser. They can't nail down definitive plans for any expansion in WDW or DL for a start. WDI seems like a burning platform post COVID/abandoned Lake Nona move.

Bocabear

maybe they could move the offices out of the park area and into this building to free up space for in-park expansion...and yea a shower and private bath would be a lovely perk of the Galactic StarCruiser Office Park....
From the outside of the building it looks like ther windows to the outside could be opened for natural light...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom