News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Wendy Pleakley

Do people really care about a pool that much?

This thing costs $115 an hour. Do I really want to spend time swimming?

I feel like if I did this I'd be constantly thinking of the cost. Take a nap? $115 used! Go to the bathroom? $10 used!

There was talk about whether or not someone could go back to their car for something. Of course you can, but it will cost you $57.50 of your Starcruiser time!

MrPromey

This has the potential to crash and burn and become a legendary disaster that will be known in the business world for decades. I’m not predicting anything, it could very well be successful, but it’s looking like it has all the makings of a potential train wreck.
Nah, this seems small-scale enough they could take the loss without much pain.

The Bobs have both been careful to call it an experiment so they've already given themselves room to back out of this.

I've heard from a friend who, you know, heard from a friend* who has seen the inside, that the interior is impressively elaborate but if that's the case and this ends up failing, they'll just shelve it all until they can recycle the elements across various parks in Galaxy's Edge and/or Tomorrowlands and some group will get new office/work space from this location.

*grain of salt and all but these are people who've done outsourced prop building for Galaxy's Edge so I have reason to believe they've probably been involved on this project, too.

Casper Gutman

The Bobs have both been careful to call it an experiment so they've already given themselves room to back out of this.

I've heard from a friend who, you know, heard from a friend* who has seen the inside, that the interior is impressively elaborate but if that's the case and this ends up failing, they'll just shelve it all until they can recycle the elements across various parks in Galaxy's Edge and/or Tomorrowlands and some group will get new office/work space from this location.

*grain of salt and all but these are people who've done outsourced prop building for Galaxy's Edge so I have reason to believe they've probably been involved on this project, too.
The better and more intricate it looks, the more annoyed normal guests (the ones only spending 10000 or so on their trip) should be that that effort and time was not put into areas they can access.

MrPromey

The better and more intricate it looks, the more annoyed normal guests (the ones only spending 10000 or so on their trip) should be that that effort and time was not put into areas they can access.

Yeah but at the same time, they can't charge $5k for a cupcake party and expect more than a few bloggers to ever show up, either. 🤷‍♂️

Epct82

This has the potential to crash and burn and become a legendary disaster that will be known in the business world for decades. I’m not predicting anything, it could very well be successful, but it’s looking like it has all the makings of a potential train wreck.
There are enough people to give this strong legs... for awhile. Like I said if ever they altered any of the experiences to revolve around original trilogy characters and storylines, my family might be one of those taking the expensive plunge. Luckily for my wallet at this point, nobody in my family is so enthused about the sequels to be immersed in them for several days at the sacrifice of time in other parks. Several hours in Galaxy Edge exploring what it has to offer as part of a full day at Studios? Sure. Getting up insanely early to get in a boarding group for Rise and experience one of the best created rides ever? Sure. But nobody is begging to be immersed in sequel First Order - Resistance Rey, Kylo, Poe era activity for several full days instead of spending time in MK or elsewhere. If Vader and classic Star Wars were thrown into the equation, we'd be having serious planning discussions right now.
There are still enough people hyped enough for this to give it a good start and at least a few strong years.

Scrooged

As a die hard Star Wars fan- of all eras- I just can’t justify the price point. I really wonder if they will launch (pun) at these price points then revamp them a year or two down the road. I knew this would be expensive- but I didn’t realize that it would be 5600$ expensive. That is a lot to ask. I truly wonder if this is an experiment and they’ve pushed the launch of this due to COVID to see if people will actually pay for this- and if so, purposefully set the cost so high as to recoup lost revenue.

Just4Pics

I'm reading through all this and I have a few questions.

Will there be options to go to more of the Studios other than Galaxy Edge during the excursion day? I get that land goes along with the story during the stay, but we'd also like some traditional park time during the trip as well.

My kids are meh with the newer Star Wars movies, but love the traditional Vader, Luke, R2, Leia, and company of the classic films. Will there ever be options to have storytelling revolve around those events and characters at some point? I understand the focus now is on the new, but in time would be nice to have options which time frame you want to be in during your stay.

The pool absence we can live with. Would be hard to include with the storytelling. Price is steep but worth it for a once in lifetime experience. We would splurge on this if there was an option for classic Star Wars not just sequel. Imagine walking into a dining hall seeing Vader sitting there saying "We would be honored if you would join us" like in ESB.

Will there be a way to see lobby without being part of experience in person? We have stayed at several moderates and one deluxe, and all we were sold on by resort hopping and touring, falling in love with the place and then deciding to book. If not, YouTube tours are still nice enough. Only other complaint is I wish there was more time during the excursion day.
This isn't really a hotel. It's star wars camp.

Jon81uk

Will there be a way to see lobby without being part of experience in person?

The starcruiser is basically that, its a cruise ship. Can you walk onto the Disney Dream and just have a look round the atrium? No only those booked for the cruise can board and this is operating in broadly the same way. Its got way more in common to Disney Cruise Line than it has to the WDW resorts.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

Remember The Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas?

That only lasted 10 years or so...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I predict in 5 years time these prices will drop substantially. And the whole "hotel" thing will start to emerge limting larping events and immersive experiences due to cm shortages and other budget cuts so as not to hemorrhage hotel monies. The super hardcore rich nerd moneybag types can still have there fun of course but Disney's bread and butter will be first and foremost "family" entertainment. I think focus, cost and overall experience will shift to make Starcruiser more inclusive for all. The goal being to stay afloat.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
But it also didn't cost $1200.00+pp to see it...
It was really well done for what it was...especially for the time it was done.
It might have, if Paramount and the Hilton had collaborated on a small segment of rooms tied exclusively to the experience. And I know folks who took advantage of some of the upsells associated with the Experience, so that's not necessarily a new concept...

Nubs70

Do people really care about a pool that much?

This thing costs $115 an hour. Do I really want to spend time swimming?

I feel like if I did this I'd be constantly thinking of the cost. Take a nap? $115 used! Go to the bathroom? $10 used!

There was talk about whether or not someone could go back to their car for something. Of course you can, but it will cost you $57.50 of your Starcruiser time!
An enclosed pool with a planetarium projection. That would be something.

Nubs70

Floating around in a themed pool is something available in multiple locations. For the Halcyon I am looking for Star Wars interactivity, its supposed to be an experience. I do not see any sense in paying the exorbitant price for a common float in a pool.
Floating in a pool within a planetarium with space/Star Wars elements would not be a common float.

GimpYancIent

Floating in a pool within a planetarium with space/Star Wars elements would not be a common float.
With theming like this staring at you sure, yeah, it would not be a common float. Otherwise Meh!
1628170403590.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom