News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Skywise

That's my feelings...a couple of potentially fun things, but mostly just time-wasters. It feels like a huge, very expensive version of the wand game at Great Wolf Lodge...where you exhaust yourself going from one end of the hotel to the other for...pieces of a story that play on a screen.

Is it just me or does the "lunch" sound more like a quick snack and not very filling?
So... you're saying there's a chance I can play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom on the starcruiser? ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The thing about the sample itinerary, is that I don't think that is what you *need* to do, or even schedule any of that. It is just giving examples of what you can do on board. I think I saw something about picking first or second dinner (which is a standard cruise thing). But it also mentions you get 1 QS dining credit to use at Docking Bay 7 or ANY other QS in HS. So, I think in the end, you can do what you want in HS that day. You could probably spend the whole day there. But, why would you if you are paying this price to experience the "cruise ship"?

im still trying to process…but it appears that HALF of the itinerary is shuttling you into the backside of a park ya been to 20 times…

and you walk past muppet vision

also…is there a 350 lb minimum wait limit for this? I gotta ask?
When is chef Mickey’s going to be $1000 a day?

runnsally

The prices seem kind of reasonable actually. The price comes down to about $2400/night which is a little over the bungalow rates on property (and those don't include a half day pass in the parks). Considering you're getting paid entertainment with that (and I presume meals are included?) That's not too crazy of a price.

That said - I won't be paying for it. But I wouldn't pay for the Bungalows either!
Agreed - I thought it would be more. Would imagine the Captain’s table is the tip of the up-charge iceberg (pun intended).

odmichael

You did specify this is just a sample itinerary? Right?
Yes. It's on the quote before. I am just hoping there is some personel choice and flexibility with the itinerary. It does not really specify if you pick your own itinerary. The site states:

Sample Itinerary

While the specifics of your voyage will be unique to your story, the choices you make—and the unexpected surprises that you encounter—will determine your personal Star Warsadventure.
As part of the interactive immersive theater that unfolds throughout your journey, unexpected Story Moments will pop up with Characters and special invitations that move your story forward in exciting new directions. Some Story Moments are called out in the sample itinerary, while others will develop from onboard activities that don’t always go exactly as planned.
Here is an example of what an itinerary may be like:

djkidkaz

What is a one night stay at a Poly Bungalow or a Copper Creek Cabin on the lake? I feel like those prices are comparable so I’d be curious to know how well those book up.

Kingoglow

8:15 - 8:25 - Transportation shuttle to Batuu - so you paid all this money to ride the ship and you are being sent off to the theme park.
8:45 - 9:30 - Star Wars - Rise of the Resistance - so 45 minutes of your morning is to ride this ride???
9:30 - 9:50 - Story Moment - a story moment occurs inside the park. This is actually interesting but again is only 20 minutes.
10:00 - 10:30 - Millenium Falcon Smuggler's Run - again, 30 minutes for this ride.
11:15 - 12:15 - Lunch at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo - an hour long excursion lunch at a grab-and-go cafeteria.
12:40 - 12:50 - Transport Shuttle to Star Cruiser - so we spent about 4 hours at Hollywood Studious which I guess is included in the price of stay but still...

More specifically, you spent 4 hours in one land of Hollywood Studios.

corran horn

Or it was the foundations modern Hollywood franchise that basically created an industry (licensed merchandising) and is ingrained with pop culture world wide…

how do you want to play it? Strip it down to “just a thing”…like spongebob…or say “nobody doesn’t it like Disney!!” When their billion dollars themed land is not even close…close…to as catching/fun as the Potter lands up the road built at half the coast prior?

This is why “the game” always sucks me in. What exactly are you saying/not saying? 🤔
huh?

I'm saying while your initial entrance into Star Wars might've been the OT for others it was the PT and still others it's the ST. And that's ok. Not everybody everywhere thinks the OT is superior.

Disney obviously had the motivation of setting it in the ST (which by existence alone justified them buying Star Wars financially in any case) so that's why they did it.

Seriously, half this forum is people saying how GE is such a failure and the other is people complaining about not being able to ride SR or RotR because of crowds.

odmichael

That's my feelings...a couple of potentially fun things, but mostly just time-wasters. It feels like a huge, very expensive version of the wand game at Great Wolf Lodge...where you exhaust yourself going from one end of the hotel to the other for...pieces of a story that play on a screen.

Is it just me or does the "lunch" sound more like a quick snack and not very filling?
The lunch is in the theme park at Galaxy's edge.

techgeek

The sample itinerary...it's something else.

Overall, there is a decent amount of story here, but there is also clearly a lot of filler. I hope that there are choices you can pick from for your itinerary.

The itinerary and overall ‘narrative’ seems to mesh up closely to some of the audition scripts that were posted somewhere upthread a few months back. The tone of those scripts was definitely… forced.

Unless the story is on rails, you can’t guarantee the outcomes / experience. If guests are allowed too much leeway in choice, you have to bring them back to the narrative because you can’t count on improv to pull off the high expectations for the price point.

How many ‘make sure you’re standing right here at 7:22pm!’ moments can they hang this around?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The prices seem kind of reasonable actually. The price comes down to about $2400/night which is a little over the bungalow rates on property (and those don't include a half day pass in the parks). Considering you're getting paid entertainment with that (and I presume meals are included?) That's not too crazy of a price.

That said - I won't be paying for it. But I wouldn't pay for the Bungalows either!
Lol…the bungalows are an extreme example of a niche

so is this…but you have about 40 bungalows Where people tend to stay the week…

this requires 100 rooms rolled over 15 times a month

GimpYancIent

Yes. It's on the quote before. I am just hoping there is some personel choice and flexibility with the itinerary. It does not really specify if you pick your own itinerary. The site states:

Sample Itinerary

While the specifics of your voyage will be unique to your story, the choices you make—and the unexpected surprises that you encounter—will determine your personal Star Warsadventure.
As part of the interactive immersive theater that unfolds throughout your journey, unexpected Story Moments will pop up with Characters and special invitations that move your story forward in exciting new directions. Some Story Moments are called out in the sample itinerary, while others will develop from onboard activities that don’t always go exactly as planned.
Here is an example of what an itinerary may be like:
Hmmmmmm so the implication is there is no actual set schedule per say but a make it up as you go thing.

DavidNoble

I honestly do not know how anybody can pay for this unless they are multi-millionaires and up.

I mean, I can afford it and I'm not a multi-millionaire (and I've got a wife and kids). Now... will I? Heck to the no. For $5000, I can take a trip to Europe and enjoy myself for a week+.

The sample itinerary...it's something else.

I was dying laughing reading this itinerary. Like, this is definitely not worth $5K in the activities.

MrMcDuck

That itinerary is rather underwhelming.

My first time at Galaxy’s Edge I picked up sabacc for something like 15 bucks and the guy, remaining fully in character, briefly explained the rules, so I guess I’ve already experienced most of the excitement of “Sabacc lessons.” Oh, joy.

Kingoglow

Regarding the Sample Itinerary:
I see less than an hour of the 'Mission' included. At the price they are charging, I defiantly demand more Special Mission opportunities and interaction, and a whole lot less socializing at a space party. I expected the 'mission' to be most of the experience outside of meals. The live-action role-play/theater aspect was oversold a bit.

Stars Wars fans will defiantly want more than 30 minutes of lightsaber play. It is kind of ridiculous that they don't have more than 30 minutes of the one really cool thing, right? Sure you can carry your lightsaber hilt on your costume or whatever, but only 30 minutes of training and swinging it about? Lame...

UNCgolf

I mean, I can afford it and I'm not a multi-millionaire (and I've got a wife and kids). Now... will I? Heck to the no. For $5000, I can take a trip to Europe and enjoy myself for a week+.

I was dying laughing reading this itinerary. Like, this is definitely not worth $5K in the activities.

Exactly. I can't imagine spending that money on a 2 night stay with not very interesting activities (based on the sample itinerary) when I could spend a week in Paris, London, Madrid, Rome, etc. for that price (or less).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom