News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Skywise

Let's break it down:

Day 1
1pm - arrive at terminal
1:15 - 1:30 - launch pad to starcruiser - if this is immersive, this could actually be pretty cool.
1:45 - 2:15 - ship orientation - not sure what this means but it sounds more like going to camp than an all-inclusive.
3:00 - 3:30 - light refreshments - we've arrived now for over 2 hours and all we've done is get talked to and sipped strange space drinks. Hoping to take advantage of this time to be able to "explore the ship"
3:30 - 4:00 - Sabacc lessons - Sabacc is a card game in the Star Wars universe. This means that our first scheduled activity is to play 30 minutes of cards. Imagine trying to keep two 8-10 year old boys still playing cards for a half hour.
4:00 - 4:30 - Muster - so for a half hour we gather... for what?
4:30 - 5:00 - Captain's reception - Dinner is after this so I am hoping that this is an immersive show experience but I am being optimistic here.
5:30 - 7:00 - Dinner featuring live music - this could be fun and enjoyable. The food on the website looks strange but you are paying for that experience. They key will be taste and I will be looking at websites like this one for food reviews.
7:15 - 7:30 - Outer Rim Regalia - not sure what this means but its short.
7:30 - 8:00 - Unexpected Story Moment - this will be hit or miss. The problem is its only 30 minutes long. You're paying for an immersive story experience and its honestly only a 30 minute session.
8:00 - 8:45 - bridge training - maybe you get to "fly" the ship?
8:30 - 8:45 - special atrium entertainment - a brief show before the end of the night.

Day 2
7:00 - 7:30 - breakfast
8:15 - 8:25 - Transportation shuttle to Batuu - so you paid all this money to ride the ship and you are being sent off to the theme park.
8:45 - 9:30 - Star Wars - Rise of the Resistance - so 45 minutes of your morning is to ride this ride???
9:30 - 9:50 - Story Moment - a story moment occurs inside the park. This is actually interesting but again is only 20 minutes.
10:00 - 10:30 - Millenium Falcon Smuggler's Run - again, 30 minutes for this ride.
11:15 - 12:15 - Lunch at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo - an hour long excursion lunch at a grab-and-go cafeteria.
12:40 - 12:50 - Transport Shuttle to Star Cruiser - so we spent about 4 hours at Hollywood Studious which I guess is included in the price of stay but still...
1:00 - 1:30 - Lightsaber training - this could actually be really cool. Why is this only 30 minutes then? We need more excursions / activities like this.
2:30 - 2:50 - droid racing competition - hoping kids make the droids.
3:00 - 3:30 - build a model ship - This is cool but not very immersive.
4:00 - 5:00 - Sabacc tournament - a 1 hour card tournament. So we will have spent 90 minutes-ish of our time playing cards.
5:00 - 5:30 - Cocktails at Sublight Lounge - by this point, we will need a much longer amount of time sipping cocktails...
5:30 - 7:00 - Taste Around the Galaxy dinner - sounds like it has potential
7:30 - 8:45 - Story Moment - a 75 minute story excursion - we need more of THIS
10:00 - 11:00 - Spectacular Finale - this could be cool. Sounds like a story / show.

Day 3
8:30 - 9:30 - Breakfast
9:30 - 10:00 - Launch Pad to Terminal

Overall, there is a decent amount of story here, but there is also clearly a lot of filler. I hope that there are choices you can pick from for your itinerary. For instance, I would not want to learn a card game that I would never use ever again and pay lots of money to learn it. This place could have had so much more potential. I am hoping Disney learns from this. That being said, I am also hoping Disney proves me wrong.
I feel claustrophobic just reading that.

AEfx

I have thought for a while now that they’re massively overestimating the appeal of the new trilogy and the amount of “super fans” that have the money and desire to shell out for an experience like this.

While I am not going to get too deep into that discussion (we all know where that leads...to the Dark Side), as someone who pretty much stays on top of everything Star Wars, this is true.

The Sequel Trilogy just isn't financially popular with those who have the money to spend on Star Wars and the assorted merchandise/etc. The people that spend real money on Star Wars spend it on Original Trilogy and Clone Wars stuff. (On the latter, most of it is specifically Clone Wars - that is "prequel era" but the majority of popular merchandise sold is based on the animated series that came later.)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let's break it down:

Day 1
1pm - arrive at terminal
1:15 - 1:30 - launch pad to starcruiser - if this is immersive, this could actually be pretty cool.
1:45 - 2:15 - ship orientation - not sure what this means but it sounds more like going to camp than an all-inclusive.
3:00 - 3:30 - light refreshments - we've arrived now for over 2 hours and all we've done is get talked to and sipped strange space drinks. Hoping to take advantage of this time to be able to "explore the ship"
3:30 - 4:00 - Sabacc lessons - Sabacc is a card game in the Star Wars universe. This means that our first scheduled activity is to play 30 minutes of cards. Imagine trying to keep two 8-10 year old boys still playing cards for a half hour.
4:30 - 5:00 - Captain's reception - Dinner is after this so I am hoping that this is an immersive show experience but I am being optimistic here.
5:30 - 7:00 - Dinner featuring live music - this could be fun and enjoyable. The food on the website looks strange but you are paying for that experience. They key will be taste and I will be looking at websites like this one for food reviews.
7:30 - 8:00 - Unexpected Story Moment - this will be hit or miss. The problem is its only 30 minutes long. You're paying for an immersive story experience and its honestly only a 30 minute session.
8:30 - 8:45 - special atrium entertainment - a brief show before the end of the night.

Day 2
8:15 - 8:25 - Transportation shuttle to Batuu - so you paid all this money to ride the ship and you are being sent off to the theme park.
8:45 - 9:30 - Star Wars - Rise of the Resistance - so 45 minutes of your morning is to ride this ride???
9:30 - 9:50 - Story Moment - a story moment occurs inside the park. This is actually interesting but again is only 20 minutes.
10:00 - 10:30 - Millenium Falcon Smuggler's Run - again, 30 minutes for this ride.
11:15 - 12:15 - Lunch at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo - an hour long excursion lunch at a grab-and-go cafeteria.
12:40 - 12:50 - Transport Shuttle to Star Cruiser - so we spent about 4 hours at Hollywood Studious which I guess is included in the price of stay but still...
1:00 - 1:30 - Lightsaber training - this could actually be really cool. Why is this only 30 minutes then? We need more excursions / activities like this.
4:00 - 5:00 - Sabacc tournament - a 1 hour card tournament. So we will have spent 90 minutes-ish of our time playing cards.
5:00 - 5:30 - Cocktails at Sublight Lounge - by this point, we will need a much longer amount of time sipping cocktails...
10:00 - 11:00 - Spectacular Finale - this could be cool. Sounds like a story / show.

Day 3

Overall, there is a decent amount of story here, but there is also clearly a lot of filler. I hope that there are choices you can pick from for your itinerary. For instance, I would not want to learn a card game that I would never use ever again and pay lots of money to learn it. This place could have had so much more potential. I am hoping Disney learns from this. That being said, I am also hoping Disney proves me wrong.
My Brain can’t process this…

is this actually officially real?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Honestly, pricing is right in line with Adventures By Disney on a cost per night per person. So if people are paying those rates, no reason to think they wouldn't pay for this as well. The question really comes down to how much demand there is to keep this place at or near capacity and for how long. I'm sure they eventually introduce some sort of discounting/packaging. And when popularity wanes enough, could probably introduce a new story and advertise it as a "new" adventure to get some repeat buisness.

odmichael

After looking at that itinerary, unless the reviews are truly stellar, I'm out. I feel like everything would be rushed, and really not all that enjoyable because of the time constraints. Too bad because my family and I are the demo for this thing, given we're start wars nuts. Ex: here's one of the rooms in our house
View attachment 577241
This is impressive...most impressive...
The force is strong with this one...

Seriously, you should be working there.

My Brain can’t process this…

is this actually officially real?
Yes it is

Skywise

The prices seem kind of reasonable actually. The price comes down to about $2400/night which is a little over the bungalow rates on property (and those don't include a half day pass in the parks). Considering you're getting paid entertainment with that (and I presume meals are included?) That's not too crazy of a price.

That said - I won't be paying for it. But I wouldn't pay for the Bungalows either!

GimpYancIent

Let's break it down:

Day 1
1pm - arrive at terminal

Day 2

Day 3

You did specify this is just a sample itinerary? Right?

ImperfectPixie

Let's break it down:

Day 1
1pm - arrive at terminal

Day 2

Day 3

That's my feelings...a couple of potentially fun things, but mostly just time-wasters. It feels like a huge, very expensive version of the wand game at Great Wolf Lodge...where you exhaust yourself going from one end of the hotel to the other for...pieces of a story that play on a screen.

Is it just me or does the "lunch" sound more like a quick snack and not very filling?

hopemax

I feel claustrophobic just reading that.
I am concerned about Day 2 having to get up early for breakfast and then have to stay up to 11PM for the finale. Then have to make sure you’re packed, sleep and be up for breakfast and departure. But with paying so much, you won’t just decide to make it an early night.

jinx8402

The thing about the sample itinerary, is that I don't think that is what you *need* to do, or even schedule any of that. It is just giving examples of what you can do on board. I think I saw something about picking first or second dinner (which is a standard cruise thing). But it also mentions you get 1 QS dining credit to use at Docking Bay 7 or ANY other QS in HS. So, I think in the end, you can do what you want in HS that day. You could probably spend the whole day there. But, why would you if you are paying this price to experience the "cruise ship"?

rio

What in the hell are you talking about?

the original Fans were gen x up through their parents

X is 42-56 now…boomers are 55-dead.

when do you think people reach “peak wealth” and still spend on amusements?

110?
They won't reach peak wealth until after their parents are dead. They'll spend on amusements until they either die or can no longer walk themselves, just like their parents and grandparents. Then their kids will spend on those interests cause "dad would've loved this" or "it was fun when dad and I did this."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
alternatively - "Star Wars" is whatever individual fans make of it.
Or it was the foundation modern Hollywood franchise that basically created an industry (licensed merchandising) and is ingrained with pop culture world wide…

how do you want to play it? Strip it down to “just a thing”…like spongebob…or say “nobody doesn’t it like Disney!!” When their billion dollar themed land is not even close…close…to as catching/fun as the Potter lands up the road built at half the cost prior?

This is why “the game” always sucks me in. What exactly are you saying/not saying? 🤔

runnsally

Let's break it down:

Day 1
1pm - arrive at terminal

Day 2

Day 3

Gotta believe 99% of people doing this have already spent a ton of time in SWGE. Gonna be hard to make this excursion seem worth it. Maybe it turns into Nassau and everybody just stays on the ship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom