News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
These prices are insane, I just cant justify that. I am a huge Star Wars fan, but was never onboard with the boutique hotel idea, but this just killed any desire I had. Just for reference I am paying $2,800 (not saying that this price is fair either) for a WEEK at POP 08/21-08/28 and that's for a family of 3! I cant see this being sustainable long term. We have been talking for the last few years how the people that can afford this have already moved on from Disney they wont come back for this and if they do it will be a once and done. I just cant see how this works out long term.

odmichael

Don’t underestimate the power of people doing dumb things with their money. It’s nowhere near an enticing price point for me, but I’d be shocked if this doesn’t sell out quickly.
A down payment on a house or 2 nights pretending to be in space

tenor.gif

Stevek

Don’t underestimate the power of people doing dumb things with their money. It’s nowhere near an enticing price point for me, but I’d be shocked if this doesn’t sell out quickly.
People been mortgaging their futures for decades to take Disney trips, won’t stop now and as you said, this will probably sell out. I do wonder how sustainable that will be though. Definitely not in my price range and even though I’m a SW nerd, not an experience I’d be interested in at any price point.

ImperfectPixie

People been mortgaging their futures for decades to take Disney trips, won’t stop now and as you said, this will probably sell out. I do wonder how sustainable that will be though. Definitely not in my price range and even though I’m a SW nerd, not an experience I’d be interested in at any price point.
The sample itinerary...it's something else.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There’s definitely demand…or they wouldn’t have built it…

but sustainability is highly questioned? It’s almost like they have no clue what’s actually transpired with their own franchise? Their product sales have tanked. How are they measuring new/renewed interest?

don’t get it. I think this is a mistake they could cancel and Bob happened to bail.

now…they could have made the price “enticing” enough to get people on the fence to try it…build some word of mouth…

but that isn’t this angle

Ayla

It's. Not. A. Hotel. And. Never. Was. A. Hotel.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I guess an all-inclusive resort would be a better description (though at least at a resort, you get to enjoy the beautiful surroundings outside). Y'all can assign any kind of fancy, Disney made-up terms you'd like for this, but it's a hotel that includes food and people walking around in costumes.

ctrlaltdel

It is only a 100 rooms and there will be (at most) 182 voyages per year. That means around 70-75k people per year at an average of 4 per room... Definitely think they will have that many people willing to pay that price tbh. It's a high end experience, and there clearly are plenty of people willing to pay top-end Deluxe prices. This is obviously a premium over that. They definitely need this to be absolutely top-tier though. If it is middling, word of mouth will likely tank it at that price point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom