News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

corran horn

There is a commonalty in reviews of the experience, yes even the most flowery ones, that is the word "pricey" many deflect or try to screen off the excessive cost by providing overwhelming praise about everything else in the reviews, but it is there.
I think it is objectively very expensive. It remains to be seen (but knowing Disney, we can surmise) whether that is due to the ongoing cost of providing the experience (and building if in the first place) or whether they tried to net too much profit out of it.

If the former, they perhaps shouldn't have attempted it which is a shame. If the latter, that decision may have led to where it is now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean this is what you want, right? This isn't too far removed if at all from watching college basketball in a cantina.
Maybe not.
But it probably was a better idea to resonate longterm with people that spend a ton of money, use recreation time they don’t get enough of, and have really hectic lives at home…
…to NOT tell them that the freedom to leisure as they want in Orlando “doesn’t fit”

…but I also know what iger’s team of nitwits thought:
“No problem! After a $5000 stay for scavenger hunts and the electric slide…you can take a Lyft over to the grand Floridian for a 7 day stay where you can eat some prixe fixe at high rate, pay $175 “concrete fee” to get into the magic kingdom…and then $30 to ride Tron!”

Before you D&D (dismiss and defend…for the glory of rome)…
Just take 2 seconds and gauge just to what level I’m exaggerating?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In pricing. I've yet to see anyone who's done it say the experience is lacking.
Then they have some work to do.

And as I’ve said many times…too many…it’s hard to take anyone that seriously that repeats “experience” because Disney has bombarded them with their marketing terminology.
You can have a good time and NOT yield to rhetoric.
I don’t disagree with you at all that the vast majority of those that have paid enjoyed it immensely. I’ve bet at least 90%.
But they ran out of them…which speaks to a flawed concept and them disassociating themselves with they’re clientele…the American middle class.
And it will be till the gates closed.

EPCOT-O.G.

Then they have some work to do.

And as I’ve said many times…too many…it’s hard to take anyone that seriously that repeats “experience” because Disney has bombarded them with their marketing terminology.
You can have a good time and NOT yield to rhetoric.
I don’t disagree with you at all that the vast majority of those that have paid enjoyed it immensely. I’ve bet at least 90%.
But they ran out of them…which speaks to a flawed concept and them disassociating themselves with they’re clientele…the American middle class.
And it will be till the gates closed.
And yet the tremendous word of mouth doesn’t seem to be helping things.

This is priced way too high. I also wonder if it would really open up that many more guests at half off.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And yet the tremendous word of mouth doesn’t seem to be helping things.

This is priced way too high. I also wonder if it would really open up that many more guests at half off.
1. It’s way too high
2. It’s not really what core Star Wars fans want
3. It’s not “Disney Enough” for ardent Disney fans.

Those are my guesses…OPINIONS

Feel free to disagree. “Come at me, bro”

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

I think it is objectively very expensive. It remains to be seen (but knowing Disney, we can surmise) whether that is due to the ongoing cost of providing the experience (and building if in the first place) or whether they tried to net too much profit out of it.

If the former, they perhaps shouldn't have attempted it which is a shame. If the latter, that decision may have led to where it is now.
Oh it's easy to understand. It's called "Greed".

note2001

The price of the actual starcruiser stay is only half of the issue. The second half is time. It's a very short experience.

Most people will want their vacations to span more than just two nights. That could come close to doubling the cost of a trip when we look at moving between a StarCruiser experience and extending one's stay out to a full week, plus meals assuming these people are not ones to stay in value or offsite accommodations.

GimpYancIent

The price of the actual starcruiser stay is only half of the issue. The second half is time. It's a very short experience.

Most people will want their vacations to span more than just two nights. That could come close to doubling the cost of a trip when we look at moving between a StarCruiser experience and extending one's stay out to a full week, plus meals assuming these people are not ones to stay in value or offsite accommodations.
If you want to talk an All-Inclusive Galactic Star Cruiser Experience that covers 7 days for the price currently being charged for the 2 day experience, OK, keep the price as is, extend the time on board the cruiser to 7 days, but, what programs / activities can be conjured up to fill the extended time frame?

note2001

If you want to talk an All-Inclusive Galactic Star Cruiser Experience that covers 7 days for the price currently being charged for the 2 day experience, OK, keep the price as is, extend the time on board the cruiser to 7 days, but, what programs / activities can be conjured up to fill the extended time frame?
That's not what I'm saying. But, yeah, I suppose there might be a small percentage of fans who would love this.

We're saying SC is too expensive (true) as is without looking at the big picture, meaning an entire vacation cost. When we see that it becomes clear how ridiculously priced the "cruises" are and how the numbers were pushed for approval without this consideration.

The entire resort on paper looks and smells like there were a very few influential people within Disney who made it reality just because they were fans.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

That's not what I'm saying. But, yeah, I suppose there might be a small percentage of fans who would love this.

What I'm saying is we're saying SC is too expensive (true) as is without looking at the big picture, meaning an entire vacation cost. When we see that it becomes clear how ridiculously priced the "cruises" are and how the numbers were pushed for approval without this consideration.

The entire resort on paper looks and smells like there were a very few influential people within Disney who made it reality just because they were fans.
Greedy fans!

EPCOT-O.G.

Yep. For my family of five, it costs us around $1,300 for a two night, one day park experience. Now that doesn’t include food but we eat carefully (lots of QS). I don’t see the value in spending almost 4x as much for this overall experience.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Oh we didn’t discuss it much here (surprisingly…actually)…but is there any doubt that the bobs approved this as a “gateway drug” to add ons to longer stays at maximum upsells in a lavish wdw resort?

I mean…it’s first grade thinking…which should leave ZERO doubt that’s how the pitch meaning went. It’s Occam’s razor…which seems to be ruling “the company” these days.

EPCOT-O.G.

Oh we didn’t discuss it much here (surprisingly…actually)…but is there any doubt that the bobs approved this as a “gateway drug” to add ons to longer stays at maximum upsells in a lavish wdw resort?

I mean…it’s first grade thinking…which should leave ZERO doubt that’s how the pitch meaning went. It’s Occam’s razor…which seems to be ruling “the company” these days.
You’re dead on. To date, I believe this is the only “discount” offered to the general public. You just have to tack on a stay at a Deluxe or Coronado Springs

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You’re dead on. To date, I believe this is the only “discount” offered to the general public. You just have to tack on a stay at a Deluxe or Coronado Springs

That’a probably panic mode…specifically a convention hotel that added a lot of rooms and amenities just prior to Covid?

…yeah there’s room at THAT Inn.

But what I meant was this “sell to whales” nonsense.
They were thinking $5000 add on to a week at a $900 a night room. Totally bill in the $15-$20,000 range.

It’s stupid…that’s never been the market…but fools that love them there Disney LAP the idea up 👍🏻

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

I wish we still had that. You know. Fun.
1679366503405.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom