News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MagicHappens1971

we would do it again in 2-3 years if they did that.

I'm aware of the storylines I missed (we spent no times with Sajas so the Jedi path wasn't gonna happen) but it'd feel like cheating if I cherrypicked it, to be honest.
Yea there’s several sub finales based on which path you took,
One with Lenka in the engineering room
One with Lt Croy/Stormtroopers in the Engineering room
One with a Saja, Rey and the Yoda holocron in the Lightsaber training room
One with the Captain in the Bridge
I also think there may be one more that I may have missed, possibly Sandro in the climate simulator?
I agree with you though, cherry-picking would feel like cheating and it’s not the point of the experience

There are also little moments and things that you wouldn’t pick up on just one trip, not saying they warrant another booking but just as a statement

Last edited:

corran horn

Yea there’s several sub finales based on which path you took,
One with Lenka in the engineering room
One with Lt Croy/Stormtroopers in the Engineering room
One with a Saja, Rey and the Yoda holocron in the Lightsaber training room
One with the Captain in the Bridge
I also think there may be one more that I may have missed, possibly Sandro in the climate simulator?
I agree with you though, cherry-picking would feel like cheating and it’s not the point of the experience

There are also little moments and things that you wouldn’t pick up on just one trip, not saying they warrant another booking but just as a statement
I ended up with Gaia's Crew (Gaia, Raithe, and the heist) as well as the Coaxium Smuggler (Raithe on the bridge) and Starcruiser Engineer (Lenka in Engineering)

SplashJacket

If I was betting, this would be my bet. It always felt like something that would be sold out for the first few months and then start to taper off, even if it was an amazing experience (and it is apparently quite good). It has a relatively small customer base at the current price point -- people who can both afford it and also care enough about Star Wars to want to spend 2 days in a Star Wars LARP. There are a ton of Star Wars fans, but who knows what percentage of them both want that kind of experience and can actually afford it.

With that said, inflation, gas prices, etc. is certainly part of it too. People who may have been able to stretch their funds just because they desperately wanted the experience are probably unable to do so at the moment.
That’s the main issue. I’m likely the target demographic. Absolutely love Star Wars. I’ve been on 3? 4? Star Wars Cruises on the Fantasy. We could easily afford to go on one, but we just would rather have other experiences for the price.

We will likely go eventually once the prices fall, but for now, we’re going to pass.

Guardians targets a smaller base than Rise, and similarly, the Star Cruiser has a smaller subset even still.

UNCgolf

That’s the main issue. I’m likely the target demographic. Absolutely love Star Wars. I’ve been on 3? 4? Star Wars Cruises on the Fantasy. We could easily afford to go on one, but we just would rather have other experiences for the price.

We will likely go eventually once the prices fall, but for now, we’re going to pass.

Guardians targets a smaller base than Rise, and similarly, the Star Cruiser has a smaller subset even still.

I would have been in the target demographic 15-20 years ago (my interest in Star Wars had waned significantly before the sequels, and they did nothing to rekindle it), but even if I still had the love for the IP that I did back then, it would probably be a pass for me at the price point.

As you said, there are too many other things I could do for that price, like spending a week+ in Paris, London, Rome, Madrid, etc.

OceanBlue

Just got back, my family had an amazing experience. It's really special and Disney out did themselves. The building is a work of art, I can't believe the vitriol that was lobbed at Ann Morrow Johnson. It's gorgeous and special for anywhere, it's totally unique and awesome that it was built. The actors are A+, the game play was non-stop. There were road bumps no doubt. As noted in other reviews, the college staffers are GREEN. But that is nothing compared to the total package. The rest of the staff who are seasoned and working so hard and in character. Gaya was fun, the food was great, and we had too much to do. We loved it!!

Attachments

• B76F9DAF-E658-41AD-8D9D-136516D8BDD1.jpeg
    B76F9DAF-E658-41AD-8D9D-136516D8BDD1.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 75

mergatroid

Just got back, my family had an amazing experience. It's really special and Disney out did themselves. The building is a work of art, I can't believe the vitriol that was lobbed at Ann Morrow Johnson. It's gorgeous and special for anywhere, it's totally unique and awesome that it was built. The actors are A+, the game play was non-stop. There were road bumps no doubt. As noted in other reviews, the college staffers are GREEN. But that is nothing compared to the total package. The rest of the staff who are seasoned and working so hard and in character. Gaya was fun, the food was great, and we had too much to do. We loved it!!
Yes but a few people who haven't been will tell you that it's awful. Really glad you enjoyed it and that's the most important factor :cool:

corran horn

I miss that 'ol water dispenser! 'Ambient Flat' indeed!

GimpYancIent

It's not bad. I really did not expect it to be as booked as it is. There are still a lot of folks who want to give it a try:
View attachment 649166
A lot of the posters that have experienced the Star Cruiser admit they have gone for Free more than once. So, the term sold-out is not correct. After the first 90 days it became very obvious there is no horde / crowd queued up wanting to book voyages at the current price point. It's not a question if people would have fun with the experience or enjoy themselves it is about whether people feel it is worth paying the asking price for it. Some do but most don't.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A lot of the posters that have experienced the Star Cruiser admit they have gone for Free more than once. So, the term sold-out is not correct. After the first 90 days it became very obvious there is no horde / crowd queued up wanting to book voyages at the current price point. It's not a question if people would have fun with the experience or enjoy themselves it is about whether people feel it is worth paying the asking price for it. Some do but most don't.
Of the about 18,000 people that have gone, just how many have gone twice for free?

Start from the official opening and don't count the media vloggers who got invited to the media only days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom