News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TP2000

…at the pool

Richard Nixon said “I am not a crook” in the contemporary

I have often wanted to go find the exact ballroom he gave that infamous speech in at the Contemporary. But I usually crash at the Poly, and it's one of those things that I never get around to doing once I'm there at WDW. I was never a big fan of The Beatles, so that's lost on me when I'm at the Poly.

asianway

I have often wanted to go find the exact ballroom he gave that infamous speech in at the Contemporary. But I usually crash at the Poly, and it's one of those things that I never get around to doing once I'm there at WDW. I was never a big fan of The Beatles, so that's lost on me when I'm at the Poly.
Balllroom of Americas 2nd floor. You passed it if you ever took the escalator

celluloid

Yes, its a failure. Sold out in March, April, over half of May and all of June. It looks clear that people hate this. No one wants to go and that is why its selling out.

Well there is always the initital hype. And it was far too late to cancel without losing half of your money when it is 60 days or less which explains March and most April dates. Summer is Summer and the first one of the newest hotel with limited space. People are bunking with strangers to save money on this thing. A sold out trip could theoritecally be only 200 people or less.

Talk to me next September to see how this is going and if the prices had to be altered, which at some point they know they are willing to do and it could still keep a profit with adjustments.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

images.jpeg-6.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So as far as we all know there is one…and only one…ending to this entire experience and that ending is now completely online and available for anyone to view.

So no matter what you do on board, no matter who you talk to, no matter who you help…it all ends with the same finale. Everything you do in “your story” is moot to the overarching story.

Sure the discovery is fun but the outcome will ALWAYS be the same.

Am I alone in finding that extremely disappointing?
Interviews and PR from a while ago said that there could be an alternate ending that favored the First Order.

It was said to show that players steer the actions with their choices.

BUT... what's the chances that the majority of attendees are so First-Order-sided that they can swing that?

E.g., when they're sneaking Chewie through the dining room during Gaya's performance and the 'good guys' have to shield him and distract the First Order... anyone there on the side of the First Order could have run up to Lt. Croy and pointed out Chewie was there. But they didn't.

Maybe if they did it would have started a fist fight. Or maybe to stop Lt. Croy once Chewie was spotted, someone could have decided to create an even bigger diversion by screaming, "FOOD FIGHT!!"

From the videos I've seen of this one voyage, there were a few people who took First Order missions and at the finale, Lt. Croy pointed them out; but, they were a small number and never did anything 'big' like thwart whatever the good guys were doing at the moment.

I doubt will ever see enough Dark-Siders to throw the W to the First Order.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I believe it was on the 3/4th floor concourse? Right where the California grill check in is now…he was in transit when he put the nail
In his own political coffin

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That date is now full. In just the past few hours, the open cruises for March - June went from 11 to 8.
From a high of about 28 a week ago, there now are only 6 cruises available for March thru June.

For July thru September, there aren't a lot of fully booked cruises yet (and never were). But the number of booked cruises went up from 7 two days ago to 8 today.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Does anyone know if the costumed performers onboard the Halcyon are Equity or for that matter union at all? I'm trying to map out in my head what the drivers are that got Disney to the aggressive pricing of this whole thing. It's clear the construction on a per guest room basis is well above what they might normally spend but that doesn't account for all of the price.

It's clearly an extraordinarily labor-intensive operation with indications there are many behind-the-scenes people supporting the engagement of the crew members on board through headsets feeding them info and cues. I'm guessing the cast to guest ratio is way, way higher even than it is on the cruise line. If all of those are equity performers that would be a factor in the total costs. Not to mention the extraordinary amount of training and test-and-adjust costs to get everything and everyone ready for opening.

Incomudro

I highly recommend the DFB video about the Starcruiser if you haven't seen it already. It's the best on Youtube and perfectly done. Whether you like the Starcruiser or not, the video is cool to watch. My feelings about the Starcruiser hasn't changed since the beginning: I wouldn't mind being in there for a couple of hours, looking around at the theming and playing some games and eating. I don't want to be there for a couple of days for any amount of money. I don't have the energy or patience for it.

It's excellent, isn't it?
It's the only video I've watched on the Starcruiser outside of a couple of seconds of the posts of one or two bloggers.
The idea that SW:GE was going to have a bunch of stories that could play out differently for different guests was never remotely believable to me -- again, barring something incredibly simple that would have disappointed basically everyone. It would require logistics on a massive scale considering the number of people in the parks each day.

Putting that kind of storytelling in the Starcruiser, a much smaller and far more easily curated experience, makes sense even if the price is ridiculous. However, larger shows like the Rey/Ren battle and the dinner theater (not to mention characters/effects) on display should also be in Galaxy's Edge. That's not to say they shouldn't have their own unique set pieces on the Starcruiser, but GE should absolutely have that kind of thing as well to give it more life.

It's my biggest concern with the Starcruiser -- that if it's a huge success, they'll continue to push all of that into upcharge experiences and really drain the life out of the theme parks.
For sure.
Actors in GE making it feel like more real and alive location?
Absolutely, it should have been done - and should be done.
But it never seemed doable to have story lines play out with guests in GE the way it was promised.
Just too large of a scale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom