News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

pdude81

Fully paid for through mid march. We're in the 50% loss time now for those. Expect rolling availability to continue popping up at the 90 day mark as we get through towards the end of June. Most others will wait to book for the summer until they get the early reviews back.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Only 20% and still able to cancel
90 days from now is March 12.

Everyone booked from March 1 to March 12 must be fully paid.

There are no open bookings from March 1 to March 12.

And so, the Halcyon is fully booked and fully paid for the first half of March.

Obviously, none of them cared about cringe-gate.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is what reservations looked a week ago when that screen cap was taken (from the article in question)....

1639345963203.png

Here's what it looks like now...
1639346016463.png

March, April, and June aren't showing because they're fully booked.

And we have no way of knowing the percent filled the other non-filled days are. They could be 10% filled or 99% filled.

Anyhoo, did the person who wrote that article post an update with the good news that there were plenty of people to take the place of those who cancelled?

Casper Gutman

I love that the argument isn't about whether this looks fairly awful, because that's largely settled. Its about whether there are enough folks willing to pay for literally ANYTHING Disney puts out. Which isn't really a question - we know there are from the last couple decades.

The story here is that the Starcruiser looks bad enough that a significant number of superfans who can justify almost any Disney expense - the DVC, Golden Oaks, early adopter contingent - backed out. Yes, they will likely be replaced by another wave of even less discerning consumers. But this bodes ill for the experience's future.

Centauri Space Station

You mean something new.. in a park that had almost nothing.. that had the least real attractions.. and had tons of attractions removed (including 1 stuntwork, 1 kids attraction and 1 tram ride.. and then shutting down another stunt show and a musical show later on...) gAAASP HOW WOULD THEY NOT.
A kids attraction? You mean a playground? They removed 10 acres of empty facades for actual rides and shops and attractions. The tram was mostly where TSL is now. The stunt show was outdated and got old after viewing twice

sedati

The real test will be once this new "hotel" stops being a novelty.

DCL has been extremely effective on its function and attraction for what it is and has broken past a certain time frame. They have truly maintained themselves for what they are and what they offer.

To resume, TIME WILL TELL if people will still be attracted to the Halcyon adventure years from now.
Then they can update it. The ship is basically the stage. The play and the players can be altered easily enough. New decor, tech, and experiences while costly, won't seem as costly if timed with normal refurb needs that go into even a standard operating hotel.

Casper Gutman

Then they can update it. The ship is basically the stage. The play and the players can be altered easily enough. New decor, tech, and experiences while costly, won't seem as costly if timed with normal refurb needs that go into even a standard operating hotel.
If the hotel is easily alterable (and I'm not convinced it is, given WDW's shortsightedness and Imagineerings inability to do anything on a reasonable budget), its part of the problem. They would have essentially created a "black box" hotel that can be altered to other stories and themes, but that adaptability would have cut into the richness of detail and intricacy of design that should be expected at this price point. For what they are charging, the story and theme should have been built into the structure from the ground up, deeply embedded in every inch of the building. Diagon Alley and Battuu can't just overlay another theme. I admit that the cheapness, flimsiness, and lack of character in everything we've seen make it seem very changeable, but that's no plus.

UNCgolf

That's the problem with it. They went cheap on the underlying structure, at least based on what we've seen so far. The whole bridge would need a redesign from the ground up to be remotely impressive, and that hallway is embarrassingly bad. They haven't shown anything that actually looks good -- some parts are more acceptable than others, but nothing that really looks like a well-designed, immersive setting.

Updating the story isn't going to matter that much if everything around it is bad.

Last edited:

TikibirdLand

A kids attraction? You mean a playground? They removed 10 acres of empty facades for actual rides and shops and attractions. The tram was mostly where TSL is now. The stunt show was outdated and got old after viewing twice
Let's see... They tore out Streets of America. DHS Parades went though there and there were live performances there. And, the Osborne Lights lit up Christmas. The Tram Tour had Catastrophe Canyon and the prop rooms. Then, there was the Lights, Action Stunt show; another good crowd eater. MMRR replaced yet another crowd eater with the GMR. You might not have enjoyed it. But, I'd say there were a lot more that did. We got a lightly themed land with 2 carnival rides and a richly detailed one with only two rides, one awesome but unreliable; another highly detailed but little more than an X-Box game.

We got to attend Star Wars weekend a couple of times. My oldest still talks about that 10 years later. Would he be more impressed with GE? I'm not so sure... He'd be busy looking for MooGoo GuyPan!

Centauri Space Station

Let's see... They tore out Streets of America. DHS Parades went though there and there were live performances there. And, the Osborne Lights lit up Christmas. The Tram Tour had Catastrophe Canyon and the prop rooms. Then, there was the Lights, Action Stunt show; another good crowd eater. MMRR replaced yet another crowd eater with the GMR. You might not have enjoyed it. But, I'd say there were a lot more that did. We got a lightly themed land with 2 carnival rides and a richly detailed one with only two rides, one awesome but unreliable; another highly detailed but little more than an X-Box game.

We got to attend Star Wars weekend a couple of times. My oldest still talks about that 10 years later. Would he be more impressed with GE? I'm not so sure... He'd be busy looking for MooGoo GuyPan!
The parade went through there? Never knew that but it’s not like there isn’t other areas. Live entertainment, they moved for a while when it first closed like Mulch, Sweat, and Sheers. But seriously the streets weren’t serving much of a purpose and taking valuable space. Star Wars land has rich details with several dining, shops, characters, atmosphere and more. Catastrophe canyon was fine but outdated and the only real scene the whole ride. Slinky dog isn’t exactly a carnival ride, it has an animatronic and other figures.

corran horn

I can't wait for the reviews as "It wasn't as bad as the promotional videos potrayed". Huge endorsement for something of that price point.
Everybody who likes it will be accused of thinking that and not saying it anyway so why not?

We asked Disney how transit from another Disney hotel will be handled as we'll be starting our trip at another hotel and transferring and ending our stay at GS. They said it's still to be determined.

I don't get the bridge hate. It literally looks like the aesthetics of the nicer ships (mostly Naboo) that we've seen in the films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom