News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Jon & Susy

Another booking post from my Starcruiser FB to show you the costs...

View attachment 591839
Curious, were you allowed to use a small number of points and cash or did they ask you to burn all of your points?

I spoke with an agent yesterday and I was told one member in the party needed to do a points exchange. I don't have 623 points and even if I did, that's not a great use of points for 2 nights IMO versus just paying cash for the 2 night voyage then use my points to extend the stay at a resort since I need to travel to Orlando from NH.

Even spending the cash is a big time splurge but we only live once and the price is not going down from here, so I think my wife and I are going to book a trip because it looks really fun.

pdude81

Curious, were you allowed to use a small number of points and cash or did they ask you to burn all of your points?

I spoke with an agent yesterday and I was told one member in the party needed to do a points exchange. I don't have 623 points and even if I did, that's not a great use of points for 2 nights IMO versus just paying cash for the 2 night voyage then use my points to extend the stay at a resort since I need to travel to Orlando from NH.

Even spending the cash is a big time splurge but we only live once and the price is not going down from here, so I think my wife and I are going to book a trip because it looks really fun.
My understanding, though I didn't look into this from the points angle, was the the person booked on points could be the 3rd or 4th person who'd use a small number of points. Now if it's just 2 people then you'd have to pay the points for one of them, which is an ugly value. If you're an active AP then you have the all cash option.

SWGalaxys_Edge

I am part of the AP and VISA groups, but I don't want a March-May 4 date. I'm looking for one in June to add on to before our previously booked two-week stay. The dates will actually work out perfectly. I am wondering when they are going to allow reservations for after May 4.
Rolling calendar I imagine. Maybe in November, they will open May...then December, open June...etc.

pdude81

I am part of the AP and VISA groups, but I don't want a March-May 4 date. I'm looking for one in June to add on to before our previously booked two-week stay. The dates will actually work out perfectly. I am wondering when they are going to allow reservations for after May 4.

Rolling calendar I imagine. Maybe in November, they will open May...then December, open June...etc.
I believe the other dates open when the regular booking window starts on 10/28. How far out they'll book past 5/4 I don't know.

MickeyLuv'r

Depends a little how popular this is. Most likely, it will eventually go up, but how quickly it goes up depends on how popular it is.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it will - on certain dates- be offered at a discount.

Though I suspect, if any discount is offered, it will be a last minute discount that occurs inside of the very long cancelation window.

If a particular session isn't at 100% capacity, would WDW run a session that isn't full, or would they try to fill the session through discounts?

pdude81

Depends a little how popular this is. Most likely, it will eventually go up, but how quickly it goes up depends on how popular it is.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it will - on certain dates- be offered at a discount.

Though I suspect, if any discount is offered, it will be a last minute discount that occurs inside of the very long cancelation window.

If a particular session isn't at 100% capacity, would WDW run a session that isn't full, or would they try to fill the session through discounts?
Interesting question. I think there is such limited capacity that they'll do fine for the first few months. Everything seems to be built on the cruise ship model, and if there are a bunch of spots I assume they'd rather offer a 25% discount for particular "sailings" for to induce demand. They seem to be doing this with "bonus" AP reservation days at certain parks on certain dates in the next few weeks.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Chapek hearing that the “maiden voyage” sold out (to the tune of $520,000+ into Disney’s coffers):

1633710054005.gif

Can’t wait to see how many don’t sell out and also how Disney responds if expected demand doesn’t materialize. I don’t see how this sells out even 25% of the dates available for what they are charging.

GimpYancIent

Chapek hearing that the “maiden voyage” sold out (to the tune of $520,000+ into Disney’s coffers):

View attachment 591938

Can’t wait to see how many don’t sell out and also how Disney responds if expected demand doesn’t materialize. I don’t see how this sells out even 25% of the dates available for what they are charging.
Yes! The exclusivity of the maiden voyage is the single biggest factor for the sell out. It will only happen once. It will not be so exiting for the rest of the, soon to be, routine voyages / experiences.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Good news for those who hate vloggers: It's unlikely any of them will get on the maiden voyage. Not sure that a lot of them are Club 33 members or live in Golden Oaks.

pdude81

Good news for those who hate vloggers: It's unlikely any of them will get on the maiden voyage. Not sure that a lot of them are Club 33 members or live in Golden Oaks.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) there were still many slots for 3/1 open as of yesterday morning. I don't think it "sold out" until late in the day. And I heard a rumor are that it's not truly sold out at all. Couldn't parse whether that meant just the 33/GO/AP/DVC slots are gone and others exist or if that implies phantom inventory.

Apparently the number of suites is pretty low on board, so that may have been why it lasted a bit past the 33/GO window.

Last edited:

BHF

Take it as a big grain of salt, but I'm hearing something is being worked out for them in late February. Not sure which vloggers / influencers this applies to, or what amount of truth is behind this. Just something is in pre-talks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If this gets bonkers level sold out dates, Disney can certainly wait on giving vloggers tours... they won't need the advertising.

OTOH, if this isn't selling out (mostly due to the cost, I'd imagine), then Disney will light up the Vlog Signal much sooner than later.

Or, imagine a two-day event just for vloggers and everyone 'role-playing' is doing so pointing cameras at one another!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom