News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The DRAMATIC STORY ALERT alarm
As a participant and director of LARPing in the past, I must say, that this is awful. There should be other ways that are in-character to gather people, like, a surprise inspection by the Galactic Spacecruiser Authority, or the appearance of a possibly hostile ship nearby (which turns out to be friendly, but, since everyone is here -- story element ensues!). Then, during the safety spiel, you tell participants that all such alerts are import story elements not to be missed if they want to get the most out of the cruise.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Why is it so wrong to say they could’ve made a better effort at hiding a show building, which is not an unreasonable thing to think considering Disney’s been known to do that once or twice in the past?
So... you want it completely hidden. You should get together with those who want it not hidden but themed. Let me know what the consensus is. ;)

Surferboy567

As a participant and director of LARPing in the past, I must say, that this is awful. There should be other ways that are in-character to gather people, like, a surprise inspection by the Galactic Spacecruiser Authority, or the appearance of a possibly hostile ship nearby (which turns out to be friendly, but, since everyone is here -- story element ensues!). Then, during the safety spiel, you tell participants that all such alerts are import story elements not to be missed if they want to get the most out of the cruise.
The thing is people aren’t as smart as we give them credit for, I may make fun of the alarm but it’s definitely effective. The less obvious ways probably wouldn’t grab peoples attention. It’s just kinda funny the alarm has to be sounded so loudly like that.

correcaminos

Unfortunately that was a requirement from JK Rowling herself and Universal couldn't talk her out of it apparently
I'm well aware. We went in June and my spouse who doesn't do 95 as well as I do was miserable. I had such high hopes for HP at Universal and my joy was sucked out of me. My love for HP is big, but there are many things I won't love just because the name is on it. I've read each book dozens of times and watched the movies countless times. Same with SW - though some movies after the original trilogy are more meh and have fewer views.

I mentioned earlier that some reviewers I will not listen to simply because they will take in anything with a name on it and love it simply because it has the name. I personally don't do that. I want more fair reviews. Sadly the videos I have seen just make me sad. But can spend money elsewhere. If they ever open to a day experience I'll go. Just no way for 2 nights at that price.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
It was supposed to be hidden. I thought everyone was assuming the berms would hide the actual hotel building.
I'd like to see a video of the pull-up from the building's main driveway to judge that. Seeing buildings from the surrounding hiways is something endemic to just about many drive-bys of the parks other than MK which hides that through slogging over or around a big ol' lake. Also, its landscaping needs time to mature.

mergatroid

The people there seemed pleased.

Just like the crowd cheered and applauded the performance of the space diva.
They actually hated it and wanted to riot out of protest. However as they got in free they thought "We've got to smile and look like we're enjoying it otherwise we won't be invited back".

In all seriousness though it looked good, let's hope there's a consistency to that throughout the whole event.

Indy_UK

This how I feel Galactic Star Cruiser pitch to Chapek went

Yes men Imagineers: Mr Chapek, we will soon be opening our new Star Wars Galaxies Edge with roaming droids, interactive activities and shows including favourites like Rey and Kylo

Chapek: And what's to come After

Yes men Imagineers: Then we are building our first ever Galactic Starcruiser where guests will be wisked away on a 2 night adventure where they can live their own adventure, yada yada. We are looking about $3000 per couple

Chapek: Sounds amazing, keep me updated....

Chapek on way out of meeting: Oh by the way, all the entertainment you mentioned for Galaxies Edge? Strip it completely and just put it in the Starcruiser....

Yes Men Imagineers: erm....

Chapek: And double the price.... Great work

pdude81

This point is moth if you consider the fact that most larger starships in most franchises do not get planetside or land. They use shuttles.

In the other hand, with the star wars universe which has very space pretend and has BS mechanics compared to Trek. We see huge starships entering and maintaining floating (anti gravity?) with no issue whatsoever up until a point.

And considering the enormous power of Star Trek pretend ships, Id imagine they have plenty with no issues whatsoever.

The Halcyon also seems to have monstrous engines compared to its size.

Id say the limitations are only based on monetary and considering the supposed backstory of the Chandri-la line.. they should have no objects to go "all in" unlike Disney of nowadays.

I still wonder why didn't they do a THEMED space drill, where they explained the different alert levels and what should be EVACUATION and what should be "hang on " for story elements.
This is fair. And clearly we are being shuttled from planet to ship, but these ships still need to be able to manuever effectively and be able to dock for refueling in some capacity, though refueling in Star Wars seems to be magic as well.

However, even in the a galaxy far, far away, I wouldn't expect a cruise ship with 100 cabins to be over the top and gigantic. The only ships we see with those kinds of sizes have hangars in them to house military ships. In this case we're talking about a retrofitted (used) ship that's being used for a space cruise, purportedly by rich people, with a very odd choice of port.

durangojim

"This is definitely among the quickest way to spend a lot of money while at Disney World, but when weighed against a $900 a night room at the Grand Floridian plus the cost of park tickets, it’s arguably a better value for the experience you receive in return. You know, relatively. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that left me with some truly magical memories, but I also didn’t have to foot the bill for it. If you’re going to visit Galactic Starcruiser, my best piece of advice is to have Disney pay for everything."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom