News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TrojanUSC

I'm quite curious actually as I've never done it, but what is prodecure for someone staying at one of the high end resorts when they order ubereats/doordash to their room?

For a regular food delivery, the guest meets them in the lobby. They can't deliver directly to the room (and good luck them finding the room).

If it's Instacart or grocery, they can technically be left at the bell desk, and they're even supposed to refrigerate them for you, but I can not tell you how many times they have screwed this up.

RoadiJeff

I once ordered a pizza for delivery when we were staying in the Contemporary. When I told them the delivery address they said they could not go there. I asked them if they could at least meet me at the parking lot toll gate but they said it had to be an address. I was unfamiliar with the area and it was years before GPS nav became popular. They gave me directions to their restaurant, with at least 1/2 dozen turns or more and said it was easy. I told them that I did not want to drive there because I would get lost but they were persistent. I ended up placing my order and told them I would pay when I arrived. I never showed up.

As I said, that was years ago and maybe things have changed since then.

lazyboy97o

I can see Disney being more strict, but way back when I worked deliveries it seemed like all of the higher end hotels wouldn’t allow deliveries to the rooms. Despite that there was always the occasional “Hello, this is the front desk, your food is here…. Yes… It’s our policy… yes… im very sorry… yes… yes, I apologize, he’ll be right up.”

celluloid

I can see Disney being more strict, but way back when I worked deliveries it seemed like all of the higher end hotels wouldn’t allow deliveries to the rooms. Despite that there was always the occasional “Hello, this is the front desk, your food is here…. Yes… It’s our policy… yes… im very sorry… yes… yes, I apologize, he’ll be right up.”

I was going to say it probably depends on the tier. Grand Floridian has Bell Services that have runners. I am sure they can forward the delivery to your door.

That being said, unless I am rich and craving a Pub Sub or WaWa Hoagie, I don't think I am ordering groceries to the GF.

lazyboy97o

I was going to say it probably depends on the tier. Grand Floridian has Bell Services that have runners. I am sure they can forward the delivery to your door.

That being said, unless I am rich and craving a Pub Sub or WaWa Hoagie, I don't think I am ordering groceries to the GF.
The correlation always seemed to be price and how much food service the hotel offered. They want you ordering from somewhere else to be difficult so you’ll make order room service. The bigger hotels with multiple restaurants were the worst. I would also be incredibly surprised if some places don’t just ignore Disney’s rules and go straight to rooms at the Moderate and Value resorts where it is very easy to just go park near the buildings.

lewisc

The correlation always seemed to be price and how much food service the hotel offered.
Also security. The hotel doesn't want non guests, claiming to be delivery people wandering the halls.

Will the hotel let you meet your door dasher in the lobby or in the front of the hotel? Or won't they let the dasher on property?

A hotel which is solely looking to protect their food business doesn't have to allow delivery people on property.

lazyboy97o

Also security. The hotel doesn't want non guests, claiming to be delivery people wandering the halls.

Will the hotel let you meet your door dasher in the lobby or in the front of the hotel? Or won't they let the dasher on property?

A hotel which is solely looking to protect their food business doesn't have to allow delivery people on property.
It’s not really about security when anyone and everyone can just come in and wonder without issue.

And there are hotels that will make “guests” go to the back street to meet their delivery.

ImperfectPixie

Wasn't Disney cracking down on food deliveries because scammers were dropping pizza delivery fliers at room doors as a means of getting people's credit card information? (I could swear I remember reading something about this...)

TP2000

Exactly.

And this is the same clientele that is going to have their secretary book them two nights at the Galactic Starcruiser for their kids, but then halfway through the wife is going to want to go to Disney Springs for sushi and some shopping. Or the husband is going to want to just sit in the bar and watch the Steelers game, which the bartender will refuse to tune into. And a manager will be summoned...

Anyone who doesn't know this demographic and claims they are in the "upscale hospitality industry" is either sticking their head in the sand, or they're lying. Something tells me Ann Morrow has never actually worked with paying customers.

It's going to be a thing with Galactic Starcruiser guests. And it's going to be happening routinely.

If they don't realize this, they are even bigger idiots than I thought.

Last edited:

mergatroid

Wasn't Disney cracking down on food deliveries because scammers were dropping pizza delivery fliers at room doors as a means of getting people's credit card information? (I could swear I remember reading something about this...)
Sadly this was a problem, I remember it too.

As a side note, we once ordered a pizza to be delivered to our Raddison room and it took 3 hours to arrive. I rang about 4 times to be told "It's on its way, we're very busy tonight". When it arrived my wife met the guy in the lobby and didn't check it, back at the room we discovered it was stone cold. Back on the phone and the bloke was very rude to me and practically dared me to drive there if I had a problem, so I did!!!!

He seemed very shocked when I walked in with the pizza and actually said "I didn't think you'd turn up". I said "Well I have" and we both smiled and then started laughing. He then apologised and told me how stressful Friday nights were and how a driver was sick and what not. He gave me a free drink, made me a fresh pizza and also gave me $5 back for the inconvenience.

TikibirdLand

Sadly this was a problem, I remember it too.

As a side note, we once ordered a pizza to be delivered to our Raddison room and it took 3 hours to arrive. I rang about 4 times to be told "It's on its way, we're very busy tonight". When it arrived my wife met the guy in the lobby and didn't check it, back at the room we discovered it was stone cold. Back on the phone and the bloke was very rude to me and practically dared me to drive there if I had a problem, so I did!!!!

He seemed very shocked when I walked in with the pizza and actually said "I didn't think you'd turn up". I said "Well I have" and we both smiled and then started laughing. He then apologised and told me how stressful Friday nights were and how a driver was sick and what not. He gave me a free drink, made me a fresh pizza and also gave me $5 back for the inconvenience.
I would have expected a full refund and and new pie made. That's inexcusable.

Incomudro

It makes the hotel look tacky to me.
Delivery food orders coming in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom